+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

It looks like a one-shot minoxidil that can last up to 2 years and probably a little longer - I feel it has the ability to regenerate hairs that are so minaturized they can hardly be viewed by the human eye.

Still need to know if this is generating new hair follicles though, the fact that Histogen are documenting higher density than hair counts make sense, but what happened to those new hairs that fall into the new hair count? Are these completely new follicles or simply hair that was so minaturized it was unable to be deteced before the injections?

Your guess is as good as mine, but it would be interesting to hear some scientific views to the above questions.

As a side, these are the questions we need professionals like Dr Nigam and Dr Jonathan Mansbridge to help the hair loss community in understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I'm under no illusion that my hairloss journey is probably going to include both more transplants and Histogen.

Histogen will bring back some hair and help me keep what I've got and transplants will fill in some of the bald beyond repair areas.
    This is why im seriously considering finasteride, although something about the side effects of the drug keeps stopping me from diving in.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Winston, thank you for clarifying Desmond's issue and status.

So if histogen comes successfully on the market, you can get a treat of histogen instead of taking propecia to protect your hear?

Kindly find below the Histogen presentation at WCHR 2013, Edinburg 2013 sent to me by their corporate communication.

I am not aware what results have they published in Oct 2012 and are these results any different from 2012 presentation or no?

Hopefully I & Jonathan Mansbridge, (Chief Scientific Officer, Histogen) will be speaking on phone this week and see what best I can come out with for my hair loss community friends for the earliest access, once I am convince with their results in person.

click below link for enlarge image
    http://www.drnigams.net/images/HTG_E...ic/Large/1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    Kindly find below the Histogen presentation at WCHR 2013, Edinburg 2013 sent to me by their corporate communication.

I am not aware what results have they published in Oct 2012 and are these results any different from 2012 presentation or no?
    These are just the 12 weeks preliminary results of their Phase I/II trial. It seems they still haven't posted the final results.

And now we play the waiting game...

As always...

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post

As always...
    Yeah the feeling that we can't do anything to speed things up is the worst.

We can just wait and hope for their awesome results.

Arsenal against MPB is very limited and not too effective - Minox, Fin and Dut (but it's more for desperates)

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    It looks like a one-shot minoxidil that can last up to 2 years and probably a little longer
    Sounds better than that, from what we know. More growth than theoretically possible with minox, plus we don't know yet how long the re-grown hair can last - who knows if it could be kept indefinitely with a maintenance regimen? AFAIK that hasn't been ruled out as a possibility yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post

As always...
    The 'waiting game' is going to take 7-8 years at least. Aderans, Replicel, Histogen, they're all just temp solutions anyway. We'll have to wait for a real cure like Team Tokyo's to really solve the hairloss problems. But there's things you can do meanwhile. If you have money you could get a HST for example. Or if you don't have money for that you could start experimenting with things like RU or other medication, quite some people are reporting good results. Hopefully Aderans, Replicel and/or Histogen are going to be enough to bridge the gap to a real cure, but man, the waiting game is far from over ...