+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    spencers tone in the show yesterday says it all, there most likely won't be anything too exiting being revealed in the 2013 Edinburgh conference
    What did he say??

does someone have a link to the Jahoda study ?

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    What did he say??
    he said from what he knows there will most likely not be anything groundbreaking being presented.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Jman91, Don't read into whatever tone Spencer may or may not have had. Spencer Kobren has always been quite objective on his discussions of treatments and of hair loss possibilities.
    Spence knows to be very impartial on TBT and here on the BTT .
    Keep a positive outlook Jman, we may be very surprised this year.
    Hang in there.

Hey guys,

Here's the Final Phase 1/2 results for Histogen! Here's what they will be presenting at the "International Investigative Dermatology Congress":

Embryonic-like cell-secreted proteins induce hair growth in a phase I/II trial in male pattern baldness

GK Naughton,1 M Zimber,1 J Peralta-Arambulo,2 T Reyes-Cacas,3 M Hubka,1 D Ehrlich1 and J Mansbridge

Histogen, Inc., San Diego, CA, 2Asian Hair Restoration Center, Pasig City, Philippines and 3Marc Medical Group, Manila, Philippines

A Phase I/II clinical trial was performed to study the safety and efficacy of a bioengineered human cell-derived formulation, termed Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC), in stimulating hair growth in subjects with male pattern baldness. HSC contains naturally secreted growth factors known to be important in hair growth, including Follistatin, KGF, and VEGF.

The clinical study was a double-blind, randomized, two center trial in 56 subjects. All subjects tolerated the eight 0.1cc intradermal injections at baseline and 6 weeks well, and no signs of an adverse reaction were reported. Blood and urine samples taken before and after each injection set showed no liver, kidney, or bone marrow toxicity. Trichoscan image analysis of treated sites were taken at baseline, and 12, 24, 36, and 48weeks.

At the 12 week time point significant improvements in total (p=0.0013), terminal (p=0.0135) and vellus (p=0.033) hair growth over baseline was seen as was an increase in cumulative thickness density (p=0026). The primary efficacy endpoint of increased terminal hair at 12 weeks was met, with a 19.5% increase seen, a 49.5% increase over the same endpoint in our proof-of-concept trial. In addition, unlike currently approved products, HSC induced hair growth in the temporal recession as well as vertex and mid scalp regions, and was highly effective in men over 40 years of age. At the 48 week time point there continued to be a significant increase in total hairs over baseline (p=0.028). These results clearly demonstrate the safety and efficacy of intradermal injections of HSC in subjects with androgenetic alopecia.

__________________________________________________ _________

Where'd you get that??

Pictures?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Des....great reporting! Thanks

Good news. Desmond your amazing at finding news. Terminal growth is awesome. If pictures back this up, we got a solid treatment coming.

The abstracts for the presentations are now published! Here's the link:

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1...id201397a.html

Search for "Histogen" on this page to find the abstract

Unfortunately, no pictures are posted YET! That will be presented at the conference

Desmond,
    I get so excited every time I see you make a fresh post. I honeslty want to jump for joy.. I was just being a depressed idiot in my room. I can't tell you how badly I need tangible good news...

What do you guys think about this??? 20 percent regrowth... What is propexia and minoxidil? Do you think this solves the problem for a NW 2/3 in conjunction with scarless FUE?