• Aames
    Inactive
    • Nov 2012

The best advice I can give you is to watch this video before every workout:

Comment

• Proper
      • Mar 2013

^ **** yeah. AESTHETICS GOD!

Anyways, I know how tough that is working and trying to find time for the gym. I did that last summer when I was working at my dad's factory. Basically, waking up at 4 in the morning, and getting home at 5-6 (rush hour). When I got home, I'd be so tired but I forced myself to go to the gym at like 8-9 or 9-10. Get home, eat and sleep at 12ish.

It was such a ****ing bitch I never wanna do that again. The only reason I went was because I had a couple workout buddies and they always forced me to go. On top of all that, after work (pure physical labor all day building transformers and various tasks), I had to BIKE!!! Not far like maybe a couple of kilometers to get to the gym. Man oh man, that summer I was ripped as shit. I weighed about 160lbs with a body fat of i'm assuming around 8-9%.

My meals were simple.I ate anytime as long as there wes a meal at lunch and after workout. I always made sure I consumed for that day anytime:

1x can of light tuna : 30g protein

250ml milk : 8g protein

2-3x eggs : 5g protein each

2x table spoon of peanut butter : 6g each scoop

2x slice of bread : 6g protein both

500g lean ground beef : 70-90g protein (bought like 50lbs of it and froze it cause of it was on sale for 4 bucks per lb)

Whatever veggies I feel like eating that day.

Any missing calories, I load up with rice or potatoes.

Lots of water.

Eat that for a month and you'll notice weight loss quick time. Plus with that regimen, I got room to eat anything else I feel on the weekend like going out or just eating 100 chocolate bars without worrying about weight gain. You can split the ground beef into smaller portions and eat it throughout the day too but i eat it all in one go cause I don't want to waste my days eating away like a slave to maintain muscle or lose weight. This is quick and easy. Oh and when I say I eat 500g of ground beef, I eat ONLY the ground beef. I don't season my food or add things that aren't neccesities. Plus, the times I do go out to eat, meals are that much more amazing cause my taste buds have't been hit with lots of sugar and salts and everything nice during the diet. I eat that year round. Sometimes I feel like a soldier cause some people complain about how my diet would taste like shit but whatever, they don't got the body I got. Oh yeah, and I used to be skinny as shit, like somalian skinny. My arms were like toothpicks. So for those who think it's not possible for an ectomorph to get big, that's a real shame cause they have the potential to look amazing when built right. It will be harder, yes, but that means you'd have to work harder. I can get bigger if I wanted to by eating more but I want to stay at around the weight I am now, maybe get to 170-180 of pure lean muscle in the future (mainly cause budget can't support more food atm) and I'm happy forever.

Comment

• Proper
        • Mar 2013

Plus here's a parody video:

How NORMAL GUYS can get abs:http://go2.sixpackshortcuts.com/aff_c?offer_id=6&aff_id=2634&aff_sub=HEALTHYMEALTIMEepicmealtimeparody&aff_sub2=DESC&source=youtu...

Comment

• Davey Jones
          • Apr 2012

There's already a lot of information here, but...

My Two Cents

Quick Note on Nuts
          I wouldn't recommend nuts. Roasted ones are rancid and raw ones are inflammation promoting. That's inflammation via the arachidonic acid cascade, so if you know much about prostaglandins, it's definitely not good for health and probably not good for hair loss either.
          • Worth a Google: Omege 6 inflammation, good omega ratio, omega ratio of different foods, pgd2 and hair loss

Quick Note on Whey
          Whey is an old standby for most people, but even the dairy industry admits that it's insulinogenic. Whey promotes insulin, insulin promotes fat storage. No brainer, other protein is better when specifically trying to lose fat. Plus, if you're a human being over a few years old, you're probably a little allergic to dairy anyway.
          • Worth a Google: Whey and insulin response, insulin and fat

My Suggestion for Protein
          Hemp or gemma pea are my main sources of non-animal protein. They're both "complete", noninflammatory, noninsulinogenic, vegan, and all kinds of good stuff. Truenutrition.com is a good place to look. If you order from them, I'd recommend typing "true nutrition coupon code" on Google. You can pretty much always get 5% off whatever you're buying.

(http://truenutrition.com/c-198-vegan...n-powders.aspx)

Also, little known fact, avocados are sources of complete protein. The necessity of single foods with "complete protein" is played up really, really hard, but avocados are delicious, so why not?
          • Worth a Google: Vegan sources of complete protein, truenutrition coupon code

Fats
          Your body simply can't make hormones without fat, and you're not going to get slim and fit without good hormone levels. Some people avoid fat so they don't get fat, which is one of those "common sense" ideas that make no sense. A great source of vegetarian fats is coconut oil. Google it. You're gonna want to eat a bunch of that stuff. I wouldn't cook with it though. You risk destroying parts of it. Just eat it by the spoon, it's tasty anyway. Personally, I'm of the opinion (from what I've read and from experienced) that fats are a lot more important than protein when training.
          • Worth a Google: dietary fats and hormones, hormones and weight loss, coconut oil benefits

Exercise
          Someone already mentioned big lifts, but they're worth a second mention. Like with fats, it's worth your while to pick some lifts that promote hormones. Big lifts that utilize most of the body (done at heavy weight) have been shown to increase levels of hgh. A couple to a few times a weeks, you should go full retard on a deadlift or a squat. Follow it with a burn out set. Just what the research seems to suggest (https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article...0_111/_article).

In general, your noncardio sessions should be based around one of the big lifts (squat, deadlift, or maybe bench) or a big olympic lift (like cleans or olympic style presses).
          • Worth a Google: Deadlift hormonal response, increasing hgh naturally, Ed Coan Deadlift Routine

Diet
          Someone already mentioned intermittent fasting, but like big lifts, that's worth a second mention. Here is an article worth a read:

It's really well cited, which is good. It doesn't focus too hard on the weight loss aspects, but many of the general health benefits naturally lead to fat loss. I, personally, only eat once a day (huge meal) and have never been stronger or leaner in my life. I think someone named that style of fasting, but I can't think right off hand what it is.
          • Worth a Google: Intermittent fasting

Anyway, those are my two cents. It's mostly "health based", but becoming healthy comes with a healthy body fat. Hope some of this helped. Good luck, man!

Comment

• Davey Jones
            • Apr 2012

P.S.
            In general, you're going to want to ignore routines and advice derived from anyone using steroids. Personally, I like powerlifting as a sport, so I'm by default all about steroids. But people on steroids pretty much get to ignore the hormonal effects of diet and exercise because their hormone levels are otherwise taken care of. This is probably where the idea that protein was the god of nutrition came from. If you're on steroids, you get to significantly ignore the role of dietary fat in strength, weight loss, and muscle building. Just, grain of salt, you know?

Comment

• baldozer
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Exodus
              Coupled with my cycling and a change of diet, Im hopeful of results. Your input has been genuinely welcomed (in terms of buzzing/shaving) and now this.

Thank You Very Much.
              Being stress free and sleeping well is also important for weight loss.

Comment

• Abdullah
                • May 2014

I think your diet plan is quite good. It also seems good that you are cycling 8 miles in a day. But i think you need to spend in gym one hour at least three days in a week.

Comment

• shreyas24
                  • May 2014

Along with them we should focus on intake of calories rather than these things because we want to burn excessive fat which is stored in the form of fat through our food.

Comment

• stan
                    • Jun 2014

i am skinny, but have some belly fat, its kinda annoying, what can be done for that? exercise focusiing on the abs?

Comment

• Sammygirl
                      • Jul 2014

I can't do without my Pilates stretches every morning and try to stay in shape by taking regular walks or bike rides. I eat well but never seen to budge my belly fat too! Would also find any exercise recommendations that would strengthen and tighten my abs helpful too.

Comment

• Maxprovust
                        • Feb 2015

A diet plan really healthy for good health-
                        1 - weetbix x 6, 300ml milk, tbsp brown sugar
                        2 - apple, 100g stew / mince meat, water
                        3 - 1/2 bbq chicken, peas and carrots, mash potatoe x 1, gravy, water
                        4 - 100g apricot chicken, mixed veg, water
                        train
                        5 - 30g whey in water, rice bubbles, 300ml milk, tbsp brown sugar
                        6 - beef burger, mixed veg, water
                        7 - fish, 200g yoghurt, water

Comment

• Djoisan
                          • Jun 2021

I can totally relate to your love for Pilates stretches; they're an excellent way to start the day and keep your body flexible and balanced. It's great that you're staying active with regular walks and bike rides, as staying consistent with physical activity is essential for overall health.

When it comes to stubborn belly fat, I understand how frustrating that can be. Despite maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine, it sometimes feels like it won't budge. One thing to keep in mind is that spot reduction, targeting specific areas for fat loss, is not very effective. Instead, focusing on overall body fat reduction through a combination of cardio exercises like walking or cycling and strength training can be more beneficial.

To complement your Pilates stretches, you might want to consider incorporating some specific exercises that target the core and help strengthen and tighten your abs. Planks, Russian twists, bicycle crunches, and leg raises are all great options for engaging the abdominal muscles. Additionally, incorporating upper glute exercises can contribute to a well-rounded routine.

When you work on your upper glutes, you not only enhance the appearance of your posterior but also promote better posture and lower back stability. Exercises like glute bridges, hip thrusts, and donkey kicks can be beneficial for this purpose.

Keep up the fantastic work and stay committed to your fitness journey. Remember, it's not just about the destination but also about enjoying the process and taking care of your body along the way.

Comment

• Djoisan
                            • Jun 2021

Originally posted by Djoisan
                            I can totally relate to your love for Pilates stretches; they're an excellent way to start the day and keep your body flexible and balanced. It's great that you're staying active with regular walks and bike rides, as staying consistent with physical activity is essential for overall health.

When it comes to stubborn belly fat, I understand how frustrating that can be. Despite maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine, it sometimes feels like it won't budge. One thing to keep in mind is that spot reduction, targeting specific areas for fat loss, is not very effective. Instead, focusing on overall body fat reduction through a combination of cardio exercises like walking or cycling and strength training can be more beneficial.

To complement your Pilates stretches, you might want to consider incorporating some specific exercises that target the core and help strengthen and tighten your abs. Planks, Russian twists, bicycle crunches, and leg raises are all great options for engaging the abdominal muscles. Additionally, incorporating upper glute exercises can contribute to a well-rounded routine.

When you work on your upper glutes, you not only enhance the appearance of your posterior but also promote better posture and lower back stability. Exercises like glute bridges, hip thrusts, and donkey kicks can be beneficial for this purpose.

Keep up the fantastic work and stay committed to your fitness journey. Remember, it's not just about the destination but also about enjoying the process and taking care of your body along the way.
                            Keep pushing yourself and stay consistent with your workout routine. It's the small, consistent efforts that lead to long-lasting results.

Comment

• Yuriy
                              • Aug 2023

Hi
                              I have a sedentary job and a bad back. But every day I do a special exercise for the back. I know that extra weight also affects the back (extra load).
                              What is more important in this case - nutrition or exercise? Do walks (with dogs) count as exercise?
                              Thank you

Comment

• davinamartin
                                • Jun 2023

Losing body fat requires a combination of regular exercise and a healthy diet. For exercise, focus on a mix of cardiovascular activities (such as running, cycling, or swimming) and strength training exercises. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio each week, supplemented with two to three days of strength training. Additionally, incorporate high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to boost calorie burn. In terms of diet, prioritize whole, nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats. Maintain a slight calorie deficit to promote fat loss but avoid extreme restrictions. Opt for balanced meals incorporating all food groups and watch portion sizes. Stay hydrated, limit processed and sugary foods, and consider tracking your food intake using apps for accountability. Consulting a healthcare professional or registered dietitian can provide personalized guidance for your specific needs and goals.

Comment

Working...