+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Yes sir, they are definitely in a good position to make things happen, I really hope their results come through, because even with all the fast tracking and support from Shiseido, if the technology isn't their, we're still screwed. I'm honestly surprised Shiseido decided to do a deal with RepliCel considering their weak results, but as David Hall says, it was just for safety. I'm really crossing my fingers for them, they're really all that we have going for us right now.
    You have to be skeptical though. Consider this: If a fully grown, in tact follicle that grows terminal hair takes UP TO 9 months (or more sometimes) for everything to jive well from a regular hair transplant, why are we assuming things would move quicker from cells where they essentially restore the follicles? Babies don't get full mane's of hair immediately... it takes time, the follicles develop slowly. But even with hair transplants, you don't see full results until almost a year in. I raised this question a long time ago that perhaps it takes quite a while for the follicles to form and existing ones to restore from the injections.

Who knows though... we're not in the lab with actual results.... god, I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

Its funny because there are how many pages of products or new stories in this cutting edge forum? I mean with all the products out you would think its already cured or atleast preventable but its just proof how hard it really is to treat problems like this

Just for the record, my second came out with a full mane of hair.
    Must of been all the fin beforehand. Lol.

Hellouser,

Hey man I am with you 100% that doctors play a big role in this still being a modern day problem. But I think what has done more damage to the progress of a cure is the way we as bald/balding men have accepted this crippling condition. I am sure all men who are bald or who have went bald were insecure about it at some point, but society teaches us not to care about it. Caring about baldness makes you look weak. Extremely weak or at least that is how people think. It happens to so many people and is so common that men did not want to look like they cared about it or make a fuss about it.

Why don't all these researchers stop f*cking around and start helping each other out ? Do you know what I see ? Greed ! No one is willing to say "hey, we might be able to solve the problem if we combine all of our knowledge." No, cause that might work, here's what we have: We have a group in Germany, a group in Japan, a group in the U.S and a group in the U.K. There's no partnership there whatsoever. The only group that's somewhat leading the way is the only one that has a small partnership (Jahoda and Christiano). They work TOGETHER to solve a problem, Duh, the way it should be ! RepliCel is now TWICE as likely to be successful because of their PARTNERSHIP with Shiseido.

Why the hell can't these guys just get together, preferably in Japan, and get this done within a year or two. Nothing gets done when everyone is greedy and keeping half the puzzle to themselves. This is going to take 10x as long as it would have if they just combined their efforts.

Why couldn't Shiseido (or anyone) give Histogen the funding to get them to the next trial ? They have a state of the art treatment with stellar results, but of course, like everything else, it gets shelved. Thanks for teasing us Gail. I'm sure you're on to more important things now anyway.

I wonder how many people on here "came of age" (so to speak) in the era of Cotsarelis and Bimatoprost. Neither of these directions have been ruled out yet, but for those of us that really started investigating treatments in the last 2-3 years, there were several times when we woke up to find very dramatic new headlines that seemed really well founded that seemed to indicate (at least in tone) that a cure was probably right around the corner. And there would be regular dribbles of new positive information, which kind of created a sense of expectation that progress would keep coming or would increase in pace. Now the pace of news has really slowed down and we haven't gotten any new bold headlines in a long while. I wonder if this is part of what's gotten to a lot of us and made us feel kind of hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Then stop complaining about researchers and the FDA taking the time to make sure treatments work.

That is the weakness of the boy known as Hellouser.

Your weakness is not that you don't want to be disfigured. Your weakness is not that you want a treatment asap.

Rather, your weakness is that you whine about treatments undergoing what you say is too much scientific scrutiny and about FDA processes that you say take too long. And yet here there is a potential breakthrough treatment (AAPE) that has completed some early testing, is based on sound science, and has a pretty good safety profile and yet you are rejecting it because it hasn't undergone enough testing and there isn't enough certainty involved with it. And like I already said, you are the same guy who whines because scientists are doing too much studying and the FDA is too time consuming.

Basically, you complain when it moves slow and you complain when an opportunity presents itself quickly. You're like a PMS woman who can't make up her mind. This is your true weakness that makes you more a boy than a man.

How does that make him more a boy than a man?

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I wonder how many people on here "came of age" (so to speak) in the era of Cotsarelis and Bimatoprost. Neither of these directions have been ruled out yet, but for those of us that really started investigating treatments in the last 2-3 years, there were several times when we woke up to find very dramatic new headlines that seemed really well founded that seemed to indicate (at least in tone) that a cure was probably right around the corner. And there would be regular dribbles of new positive information, which kind of created a sense of expectation that progress would keep coming or would increase in pace. Now the pace of news has really slowed down and we haven't gotten any new bold headlines in a long while. I wonder if this is part of what's gotten to a lot of us and made us feel kind of hopeless.
    I read scientific papers everyday about AGA. Unfortunately the trend that is going on now also is that the focus has shifted to Alopecia Areata. Before most papers were coming out were from Androgenetic Alopecia but now 70% is for Alopecia Areata. Seems like focus is shifted, that is really bad.

AGA is just a terribly complex disease. The signalling is incredible. Our generation is just now in the era that this isn't possible to solve right now (Only by a damn miracle). Because realistically spoken if we would have the capability to solve AGA now, you would be buying a brand new heart at the supermarket. I'm not joking here, that is how complex hair follicles are.

These headlines are just insane and they come mainly from media websites. They thrive on sensation, media thrives on sensation.

You can always hope if that gives you strength but realistically spoken, it's really not going to be solved short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    I read scientific papers everyday about AGA. Unfortunately the trend that is going on now also is that the focus has shifted to Alopecia Areata. Before most papers were coming out were from Androgenetic Alopecia but now 70% is for Alopecia Areata. Seems like focus is shifted, that is really bad.

AGA is just a terribly complex disease. The signalling is incredible. Our generation is just now in the era that this isn't possible to solve right now (Only by a damn miracle). Because realistically spoken if we would have the capability to solve AGA now, you would be buying a brand new heart at the supermarket. I'm not joking here, that is how complex hair follicles are.

These headlines are just insane and they come mainly from media websites. They thrive on sensation, media thrives on sensation.

You can always hope if that gives you strength but realistically spoken, it's really not going to be solved short term.
    Agreed. By the time the full blown cure is available we will be looking at restoring organs as well. We won't be seeing the cure anytime soon in other words. It might get solved tomorrow or 5 years later but by the time it's actually ready, the 20 year olds on here will be around 35-40. I've thrown in the towel and I'm going to be moving on with my life. This forum is depressing and there's constant arguing about cures and solutions. Not worth it. Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    Agreed. By the time the full blown cure is available we will be looking at restoring organs as well. We won't be seeing the cure anytime soon in other words. It might get solved tomorrow or 5 years later but by the time it's actually ready, the 20 year olds on here will be around 35-40. I've thrown in the towel and I'm going to be moving on with my life. This forum is depressing and there's constant arguing about cures and solutions. Not worth it. Moving on.

Exactly, nothing will come out in the short term...

i have been visiting this forum since 2009 (about 5 years - "treatment age" ) and everything that was supposed to come out, is now dead.