Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Refuse2GoBald
    • Mar 2009

Non-Surgical strand by strand hair attachments

Hi. I visited a pretty popular salon in Beverly Hills the other day to inquire about non surgical hair replacement. I have a lot of very thin hair in my crown. Cosmetically, my crown has looked exactly the same for the last four years because that's when I got on Avodart. The individual who ran the salon told me that they do strand by strand attachments, where they glue a piece of hair onto your existing hair to give it a fuller look. Does anybody know anything about this?

I didn't have it done since my hair was too short at the time. I'm not talking about micro point links, where a hair is knotted onto an existing hair. I tried those once and because my existing hair is so then the knots of the attached hair were too visible. I'm simply looking for a non surgical way to give my crown a fuller look, without using a hairpiece that has to be glued to my head Toppik works great in my crown area but I"m just spending so much time and energy every day getting it to look just right. Any suggestions or words of advice from people who have experience with this would be greatly appreciated.
  • Laserhead
    • Nov 2008

Does not sound like a good idea. Probably better to stick with topick or use a small hair piece in the back. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

I would be careful and definitely do your research before committing to this. I would be worried that what ever material they use to bond the attachments to could cause permanent damage to the original hairs. I have seen this many times with the bonding materials used to attach hair systems. I am not saying that this would happen to you for sure with this process you are considering, but make sure to find out the long term consequences.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...