Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phatalis
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Desmond84
    What are our thoughts now on the next 10 years?

Aderans: After tweaking their Ji Gami formula 11 times over 6 years and 450 trial subjects they have NOT released one decent photo! They have also been in silent mode for the last 8 months!

Replicel: There's a lot of uncertainties about their potential and as we have learned, they still have a lot to show before we can believe in them!

Histogen: Although a decent therapy, it will not be a stand-alone treatment. A DHT inhibitor will still be required.

CB-03-01: Probably the most realistic treatment to halt hairloss in the coming years! Yet, we still don't know its side-effect profile as it is a "steroid" and may have potential side effects particularly when used on a long-term basis!

PGD2 Blockers: No one is really working on releasing these for hairloss!

Lauster: Moved on with microchip technology!

Tsuji Team: May become available in the next 10 years BUT there's a lot of work to be done! For example, where are they going to grow the hair germs before implanting the newly formed hairs? In mice, they injected it in the kidney's of mice...what will be their growth medium for humans?

a.k.a. we're ****ed.

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Phatalis
      a.k.a. we're ****ed.
      Ai ***** off, we might not be.

Comment

• Phatalis
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by clandestine
        Ai ***** off, we might not be.
        I hope not. But look at it lol.

CB is really it. CB and some HT's... that's what we got.

Comment

• bigentries
          • Dec 2011

What are our thoughts now on the next 10 years?

Aderans: After tweaking their Ji Gami formula 11 times over 6 years and 450 trial subjects they have NOT released one decent photo! They have also been in silent mode for the last 8 months!

Replicel: There's a lot of uncertainties about their potential and as we have learned, they still have a lot to show before we can believe in them!

Histogen: Although a decent therapy, it will not be a stand-alone treatment. A DHT inhibitor will still be required.

CB-03-01: Probably the most realistic treatment to halt hairloss in the coming years! Yet, we still don't know its side-effect profile as it is a "steroid" and may have potential side effects particularly when used on a long-term basis!

PGD2 Blockers: No one is really working on releasing these for hairloss!

Lauster: Moved on with microchip technology!

Tsuji Team: May become available in the next 10 years BUT there's a lot of work to be done! For example, where are they going to grow the hair germs before implanting the newly formed hairs? In mice, they injected it in the kidney's of mice...what will be their growth medium for humans?
          Aderans: looks more like a failure than a success, unless proven, I would not expect them to reach anything

Replicel: got a lot of money. Still 5 years to see if that was worth it. Another 5 years if it is succesful to reach the market. So a long way

Histogen: Done. Let's be realistics, it's intercytex all over again

CB: The only real option to have a treatment in 5 years, even if it is in acne form

PGD2 Blocker, Lauster, Tsuji: Theory. Theory is not going to regrow your hair in 10 years. Might turn in the treatments of the future, but they are still theory

Comment

• Desmond84
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
            Desmond mate; Not unwilling. No.

Those unable. There are those of us who have been willing, have taken fin, and have been proven unable. Many of us cannot tolerate finasteride, and other DHT blockers. We're left with few options.

Sorry, but this distinction is terribly important.
            Clandestine, I feel for you brother! And believe me if things stay like this I wont be taking Finasteride for much longer!

I only took it hoping that one of these upcoming treatments will manage to halt my hairloss without the need to alter my hormonal chemistry! It seems however, MPB is a far more complicated disease than any of our scientists ever imagined!

BTW, I will definitely change my terminology...thx for pointing it out

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

No worries bratha, I'm just venting. A little mad, as we all are at this point.

All the best.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Phatalis
                I hope not. But look at it lol.

CB is really it. CB and some HT's... that's what we got.
                HT's with greatly expanded donor supply will be the next big thing. I don't feel it's anything to scoff at. If transplants can routinely be accomplished with 10-20k grafts (provided the tech gets to that point), then i think that will be very good for all except the most extreme cases of balding. Anyone NW5 or less would be set.

I'm not a huge fan of transplants, i think even the very good ones look just a little "off". But, they certainly look a lot better than having a slap head.

I don't believe the cellular approach will pan out. Aderans and Replicel are both struggling with it.

Histogen ...meh

Follica...dead

It's been an enlightening year for us. I didn't think a year could be worse than 2012, in terms of hair therapy, but, here it is.

Lets see what the French guy can do and maybe Nigam hair doubling, or the other guy going underneath the skin for grafts. That's about it, unfortunately.

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
                  Aderans: looks more like a failure than a success, unless proven, I would not expect them to reach anything

Replicel: got a lot of money. Still 5 years to see if that was worth it. Another 5 years if it is succesful to reach the market. So a long way

Histogen: Done. Let's be realistics, it's intercytex all over again

CB: The only real option to have a treatment in 5 years, even if it is in acne form

PGD2 Blocker, Lauster, Tsuji: Theory. Theory is not going to regrow your hair in 10 years. Might turn in the treatments of the future, but they are still theory
                  I think so too, similarities with intercytex are striking. I doubt Histogen will find an investor, based on these results, and then it's just game over Histogen.

Comment

• Desmond84
                    • Oct 2012

It's time to come to terms with hairloss I suppose! Just like our fathers, grandfathers, etc...

<SIGH>

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

It's time to come to terms with hairloss I suppose! Just like our fathers, grandfathers, etc...

<SIGH>
                      Nah, I still have faith in Jahoda et al, Desmond ! They're way ahead of Team Tokyo (after having implanted that bio generated follicle onto human skin). But still, also probably 6-10 years away...

Comment

• bigentries
                        • Dec 2011

<SIGH>
                        The problem with that approach is that our fathers, grandfathers, etc., never came to terms with hairloss.

If men in the old times still struggled with hair loss, I don't see how you can expect young men in a more shallow world to accept they are going bald

All hope is not lost, but I don't look forward to wait until I'm 50 for something that can really regrow hair

Comment

• Desmond84
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
                          Nah, I still have faith in Jahoda et al, Desmond ! They're way ahead of Team Tokyo (after having implanted that bio generated follicle onto human skin). But still, also probably 6-10 years away...
                          Yeah, but Arashi just doing Phase 1-3 + Approval takes 6-7 years! Don't also forget, they still have to complete their proof of concept studies which is another 2-3 years! This makes their product release date somewhere around 2023!

Aderans may pick up on this new discovery and give it a shot but I doubt it...they seem beaten and bruised!

Comment

• Desmond84
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
                            The problem with that approach is that our fathers, grandfathers, etc., never came to terms with hairloss.

If men in the old times still struggled with hair loss, I don't see how you can expect young men in a more shallow world to accept they are going bald

All hope is not lost, but I don't look forward to wait until I'm 50 for something that can really regrow hair
                            +1

10char

Comment

• Desmond84
                              • Oct 2012

I think the best approach is to no longer follow upcoming treatments TOO CLOSELY! There is really not much happening until 2020! Just live our lives and hope for the best!

Find a girl that doesn't care about your hair and I'm sure there's tons out there (but most probably passed the age of 25)

Get married have kids and hopefully sometimes in our lifetime we'll have what we've been wishing for!

Hair transplants at this point are a no go for me personally as we don't have an unlimited donor supply (unless you are willing to take Finasteride for the next 10+ years, which some do...)

Scarless FUE is irrelevant when your hairloss can still progress without fin! Even Gho is NOT able to to completely restore a NW5 without running out of donor hair at this point in time!

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

I think the best approach is to no longer follow upcoming treatments TOO CLOSELY! There is really not much happening until 2020! Just live our lives and hope for the best!

Find a girl that doesn't care about your hair and I'm sure there's tons out there (but most probably passed the age of 25)

Get married have kids and hopefully sometimes in our lifetime we'll have what we've been wishing for!

Hair transplants at this point are a no go for me personally as we don't have an unlimited donor supply (unless you are willing to take Finasteride for the next 10+ years, which some do...)

Scarless FUE is irrelevant when your hairloss can still progress without fin! Even Gho is NOT able to to completely restore a NW5 without running out of donor hair at this point in time!
                                The improvement in the next few years will only come in the HT industry. Dr Nigams just did a very interesting test, Dr Mousseigne will start a 50 graft test this wednesday, so those will be interesting to follow. If someday (hopefully soon) regrowth of 80&#37; really can be achieved (and documented/proven properly), then that's going to be a huge breakthrough.

But yeah, other than that, the (near) future looks quite dark ...

Comment

Working...