Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannyfc
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
    Apparently there's some magic number. If DHT is too low in relation to testosterone and you lower DHT, then perhaps that is what causes side effects. Excuse the speculation but this is probably more than a doctor can theorise.
    What confuses me is I was relatively OK while on the drug. Libido reduced but still 'capable' twice a day at least. It's since coming off that things have gotten worse. Might suggest the 'extra' testoterone Propecia theoretically provides off-sets the reduction in DHT, then after coming off DHT remains constant and upsets the ratio.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

I just ordered a load of finasteride and then read this thread, now I dont wanna take it.

Bastard.

Comment

• dannyfc
        • Jun 2012

It's a difficult position. Around 11 months ago I didn't give it a second thought, flat-out refused the possiblity of side-effects, assured myself that it didn't matter and I'd do anything to save my hair.

Fast-forward to now and I'd give anything to be back to normal. Conversely the state of my hair is irrelevant to me, in fact I'm actively willing it to start thinning out again to show that my natural state is recovering..

Hair loss is devastating initially, but ruining your hormonal equilibrium is life destroying. I'd say avoid it man.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by dannyfc
          It's a difficult position. Around 11 months ago I didn't give it a second thought, flat-out refused the possiblity of side-effects, assured myself that it didn't matter and I'd do anything to save my hair.

Fast-forward to now and I'd give anything to be back to normal. Conversely the state of my hair is irrelevant to me, in fact I'm actively willing it to start thinning out again to show that my natural state is recovering..

Hair loss is devastating initially, but ruining your hormonal equilibrium is life destroying. I'd say avoid it man.
          Yeah I think you're right, I only spent £79 its not the end of the world - I might use it as some kind of ornament in my room.

Comment

• Jcm800
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
            I just ordered a load of finasteride and then read this thread, now I dont wanna take it.

Bastard.
            Eh? I thought you've already tried fin, and are suffering side effects?

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
              Eh? I thought you've already tried fin, and are suffering side effects?
              Yeah but lately ive been thinking of getting back on it - thought maybe if I do 0.25mg every other day id avoid the side effects (last time I was 1mg ED).

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                Yeah but lately ive been thinking of getting back on it - thought maybe if I do 0.25mg every other day id avoid the side effects (last time I was 1mg ED).
                Gotcha - yeah it's a bastard of a decision to make - i'm thinking of doing the same, or at least trying that Keratene stuff, it's got to be better than trx2?!

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Gotcha - yeah it's a bastard of a decision to make - i'm thinking of doing the same, or at least trying that Keratene stuff, it's got to be better than trx2?!
                  TRX2 was a complete flop, and I wasnt surprised tbh.

But yeah its a tough decision to take Fin, when I read the forums it just seems there's far too many people on here that get side effects - and I totally understand what Danny was saying, I felt the same way when I tried it last time (hoping to see increased MPB as a sign of recovery).

The thing that's pushed me toward fin again is the lack of updates from Aderans, Histogen and Replicel, it just looks like the timeline is being pushed back year on year.

Comment

• Jcm800
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                    TRX2 was a complete flop, and I wasnt surprised tbh.

But yeah its a tough decision to take Fin, when I read the forums it just seems there's far too many people on here that get side effects - and I totally understand what Danny was saying, I felt the same way when I tried it last time (hoping to see increased MPB as a sign of recovery).

The thing that's pushed me toward fin again is the lack of updates from Aderans, Histogen and Replicel, it just looks like the timeline is being pushed back year on year.
                    How long were you on it again last time? You said you saw some thickening possibly before when we spoke?

It's down to all these unfortunate guy's that have had side's that i haven't tried it yet, but i feel time is running out, its a shitty decision to have to make..

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

How long were you on it again last time? You said you saw some thickening possibly before when we spoke?

It's down to all these unfortunate guy's that have had side's that i haven't tried it yet, but i feel time is running out, its a shitty decision to have to make..
                      Yeah I did see a general improvement in my hair, it just felt a lot thicker and stronger - I was on for 3.5 months and had to quit because of sides which were partial loss of sensation, low libido & just feeling lethargic all the time.

Comment

• Jcm800
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                        Yeah I did see a general improvement in my hair, it just felt a lot thicker and stronger - I was on for 3.5 months and had to quit because of sides which were partial loss of sensation, low libido & just feeling lethargic all the time.
                        And the sides haven't abated so far, no? Lethargy, mind fog and gyno would worry me the most (i think anyway)

Comment

Working...