Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breaking Bald
    • Aug 2012

Can Nizoral make your hair worse?

I was using it for about 5 months 2-3 times per week, and not only has my hair gotten worse but is now generally much thinner on top. Could this have been the niz? Do you think my hair will thicken up again after quitting it?
  • Rootman
    • May 2012

I have been using Niz since June - once a week. I don't know if it works or not as I see some areas that are thinner than before on top too. After reading your post, I think I'll try and stop using it and seeing if there is any difference.

Are you using fin and minox like I am too?

Sorry you aren't having luck..I know how that sucks.

Comment

• Kayman
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
      I was using it for about 5 months 2-3 times per week, and not only has my hair gotten worse but is now generally much thinner on top. Could this have been the niz? Do you think my hair will thicken up again after quitting it?
      Are you using anything else with the Nizoral?

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Can Nizoral make your hair worse?
        If you over use it? Yes, absolutely. You should only use Nizoral once per week. Any more than that is just way too much, especially if you have the 2% version. If you are using it two to three times per week, you are over using it. Taper down to only once per week and your hair will probably recover.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Kayman
          Are you using anything else with the Nizoral?
          I was using Minox for a while but stopped due to sides but I continued with the Niz, bad idea to use it by itself? I'm gonna stop it and see what happens.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

...bad idea to use it by itself?
            The bad idea was to use too much of it. You were over using Nizoral.

Do not stop abruptly. Taper down to once a week slowly. You've been over using it long enough to induce a massive shed if you stop abruptly.

Comment

• Kayman
              • Dec 2012

I was using Minox for a while but stopped due to sides but I continued with the Niz, bad idea to use it by itself? I'm gonna stop it and see what happens.
              I would say that Nizoral alone isn't going to arrest your hair loss and thats why its getting worse, Nizoral alone wont stop it. You need minoxidil or finasteride to go with the Nizoral.

Comment

Working...