Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Although your point about society's perception is right, it is old news that MPB is associated with increased risk for heart disease and prostate cancer. Whatever the link is between the two, MBP and heart/prostate disease, eliminating this plague at the genetic level (and not just restoring hair) should be set as one of the next goals in medicine.

I cannot forget the poster that I saw many years ago in the consultation room of a cardiologist: it was about risk factors for heart disease and, among other things, it had the image of a miserable BALD (NW6+) middle aged man looking like 60+, tired and sad. I was in shock. The message of the poster was that if you go bald at younger age, you better start monitoring earlier the health of your heart.
    Not true really. Another study suggested that bald men have lesser chance of getting prostrate cancer. And about heart diseases, only those bald men were at most risk who started balding from the crown. But if you compare every bald/balding men against all men with hair, the risks were the same. Secondly, there was also a study which suggested that prematurely balding guys could be the male equivalent of women with PCOS. But that was also debunked later on by another study. I don't have time to put the links of those studies here, but you can find those yourself by using google.