How long for finasteride to start working?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aonyx262
    • Aug 2014

I noticed results with Finasteride (4mg/wk) + Dutasteride (1mg/wk) after about 4.5 months.. I probably went back about 2-3 years in my hair loss progression to the point that I could get away with not using caboki or toppik. Then about a month and a half later I had a huge shed and lost most of what I had gained.

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

I started to see a change in my hair after approx 3 months, albeit minor.
      ('Dr Reddys' generic Finasteride)
      To see the full effect of Finasterides usage can take from up to 1 to 2 years ...depending on each individual. Be patient......
      Like others have said, the effects of this med' vary from person to person.

This August 2015 will be my second year on it.
      Finasteride certainly has made a noticeable change.
      Not a full head of hair (for me) but this ongoing improvement is POSITIVE!
      One MUST BE realistic in order to enjoy life.

Comment

• RanDave
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by kadin
        So this is my update I guess. For me I feel it is slowing down abit and I have taken propecia for 5 months and 1 week, I rarely forget to take the pill or do the drops, but as said before I stopped the laser comb after a month, those 11 minutes seriously drag.

Libido normal, blood pressure mostly recovered into the range but seeing the lower end more often and I am getting a bit fat.

Gents, the very best luck to you all.
        Thanks for your update. As about the weight gain, possibly physical activity will improve the situation.

Comment

• Gradaffa
          • Nov 2015

Alot of people get some unknown generic and thats why sometimes they dont get results for a very long time. You can get official brand propecia at this licensed U.K pharmacy with an easy online consultation http://www.europetabs.com

Comment

• Artista
            • Apr 2010

Gradaffa does make a good point here.

There are some generics that will not help as well, (and some not at all) as brand name Finasteride like Propecia will do.
            I was lucky to have started with a generic Finasteride back in 2013 that DOES work well for me.
            'Dr. Reddys' generic Finasteride is one of those generic meds that does work.
            Even though 'Dr. Reddys' has been improving my hair, I was considering changing to Propecia.
            I spoke with Spencer Kobren about that in early 2015.
            He suggested that I possibly just stay on that generic med'(Dr Reddys) being that it IS working well for me anyways.
            To this day it IS improving my hair.
            I decided to stay on my generic med..I even talked with my doctor about it.
            He knew for fact that many of his other patients were also using Dr. Reddys Finasteride with good ongoing results like for me.

I feel that I was LUCKY to have started with a GOOD generic med'.
            When I had first picked up my prescription Finasteride at the pharmacy in August 2013, I assumed that it was a brand name med. When I got back home I realized then that it wasn't 'brand name'.
            Of course I wished that I had begun with Propecia in 2013 BUT, because my hair has been improving with the one ive been on, Im OK with it.

Is it possible that a brand name med would possibly do a better job of my hair?
            No one really knows and the fact is that I am accepting of what I have.
            I am living my life and I always stay POSITIVE!
            Everyone should do the same.

Comment

• Hairmore
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Gradaffa
              Alot of people get some unknown generic and thats why sometimes they dont get results for a very long time. You can get official brand propecia at this licensed U.K pharmacy with an easy online consultation http://www.europetabs.com
              Thanks for that really really useful info. I will ALWAYS buy there EVERYTHING until I get broke!

Comment

• Clinicspots
                • Aug 2015

Because hair growth takes time, it generally takes up to 3 months to notice a difference after taking Propecia every day. Thickening and strengthening of hairs that have become miniaturized tends to take six to 12 months.

Comment

• DouglasI
                  • Jan 2017

Hi guys. I know the thread is old but I didn't think it was necessary to create a new one. I'm the son of a man who went bald at the age of 18 and I'm one of 4 brothers. I staring taking Propecia at the age of 39 and I'm 51 now. Not only has my hair stronger and thicker like I've lost none, I'm the only brother now with a full head of hair. I had my first child at age 42 and have just had my fifth 4 months ago. I have never had any of the side effects that others have written about on here. If I had my time over again I would do exactly the same thing except maybe have started taking this pill a little earlier so that my hair wouldn't have thinned so much before I starting taking it (The thinning has totally reversed). I have and would recommend this treatment to any other male who like to feel good about themselves.

Comment

• morisdon
                    • Aug 2020

It may take at least four months of daily use of finasteride before you notice an improvement in your hair loss.

Comment

• valesolove
                      • Dec 2022

I had heard of Propecia pills for hair loss but had never tried them until I saw that I was losing too much hair. I spent several months following the treatment and quickly saw the results I wanted: strong hair and less hair loss. I highly recommend Propecia.

Comment

Working...