ISHRS conference.... mere days away!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DepressedByHairLoss
    • Feb 2011

Actually, I think Histogen's treatment would be much, much cheaper than a hair transplant, mainly because it would be a lot quicker to perform, it would be much less labor-intensive, and it could probably be performed by a wider variety of professionals. And since it would be non-invasive, one wouldn't need to worry about things like stitches, scarring, or bumps.

I was never really that high on Gho's method, because even if he did achieve donor regeneration, then it would take many, many hair transplants to achieve a full head of hair. And then if a person is experiencing diffuse thinning, Gho's method would still not address this. Since other than regeneration of donor hair, Gho's method is really just a hair transplant and that would cause a person with diffuse thinning to be very susceptible to shock loss. And then you've also got to worry about donor hair degrading in density and quality after it is plucked a bunch of times. That's why I like hair regrowth methods (like what Histogen is working on) so much better than these hair transplant derivatives.

I also like Histogen's mindset. I found this quote on their website and I couldn't agree with it more. "The hair loss market is both large and underserved, affecting over 40 million men and 21 million women in the United States alone, but with less than 7% of sufferers currently seek treatment due to the limitations of available options. HSC represents a potentially revolutionary new injectable treatment for the millions suffering from hair loss, offering benefits over daily-use, limited efficacy prescription products as well as invasive surgical treatments."
    I couldn't agree with that more. Hair loss sufferers have been underserved for far too long, despite the fact that hair restoration is a multi-billion dollar business. Histogen really seems to "get it".
    Last edited by DepressedByHairLoss; 10-17-2012, 11:02 PM. Reason: content

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
      I was never really that high on Gho's method, because even if he did achieve donor regeneration, then it would take many, many hair transplants to achieve a full head of hair. And then if a person is experiencing diffuse thinning, Gho's method would still not address this. Since other than regeneration of donor hair, Gho's method is really just a hair transplant and that would cause a person with diffuse thinning to be very susceptible to shock loss.
      Exactly. Here is a demonstration of Dr. Gho's "shock loss procedure":

First, Dr. Gho is making lots of wounds very close to healthy, existing hairs...

Second, a few days after making many wounds very close to existing hairs ...

... you can clearly see Dr. Gho's "shock loss effect" - funny ...

And the ladies in this video ...

... are completely bald - right?

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Gho can increase density by injecting grafts? Is this in reference to hair hait stem cell injection?

He stated on his website that he is developing a procedure to inject hair stem cells to improve the density of transplants - that's what we need - traditional transplants combined with injections of stem cells to give completely natural density.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by UK_
          Gho can increase density by injecting grafts? Is this in reference to hair hait stem cell injection?

He stated on his website that he is developing a procedure to inject hair stem cells to improve the density of transplants - that's what we need - traditional transplants combined with injections of stem cells to give completely natural density.
          Hair Stem Cell INJECTION

Additional information

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Yeh thats all well and good but its not available yet.

Comment

• Kirby_
              • Jan 2012

Didn't gc83uk get direct stem cell injections because he was a 'risky' patient?

Comment

• Jan 2012

for the love of god stop talking about Gho. He's not solution nor even a good treatment. I suspect this 534623 guy being Iron_Man from hairsite.

If Histogen doesn't show male pictures from all those independent hair doctors, then you can consider Histogen a failure and with that, be sure that nothing will be available for the next 10 years as all those other companies have already failed. Histogen is our only hope.

Comment

• JJacobs152
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                  for the love of god stop talking about Gho. He's not solution nor even a good treatment. I suspect this 534623 guy being Iron_Man from hairsite.

If Histogen doesn't show male pictures from all those independent hair doctors, then you can consider Histogen a failure and with that, be sure that nothing will be available for the next 10 years as all those other companies have already failed. Histogen is our only hope.
                  Is there nothing else in the pipeline? I really hope this isn't the case. What about Aderans?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by JJacobs152
                    Is there nothing else in the pipeline? I really hope this isn't the case. What about Aderans?
                    not going to work, sorry. Histogen is all we got

Comment

• maxhair
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by UK_

Gho is waiting for Histogen, hoping it will be the missing part of the mix, just like the rest of us.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by JJacobs152
                        Aderans is a potential solution as well and according to their press release in 2010 IIRC, their target date for a consumer product is early 2014.

Their results have been impressive as well, you'll need to look through the Aderans thread for all the details, theres a lot to go over.

Consider also the fact that not only do they have a working solution (I've spoken to reps over the phone and their test patients have been successful with 'great' results in the crown area) they've also invested heavily into acquiring Hair Club and Bosley. That alone should tell you; theyre not dicking around as theyre prepping their product and getting ready to roll it out through these channels.

Further, if the 2014 deadline isnt met, its going to piss off their investors. Its a business first and foremost, so theyre priority is to make CASH and that deadline is going to affect it as they would basically become the first on the market and get a jump start on the market dominance.

The future looks good!

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by UK_

Do you think a current Gho procedure benefit from a Histogen injection in the future or would Histogen be needed first then Gho, or both at once.... would it even matter?

Just asking as I'm figuring out what the options are NOW and how they would affect future options once available.

Comment

• Alf
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                            Aderans is a potential solution as well and according to their press release in 2010 IIRC, their target date for a consumer product is early 2014.

Their results have been impressive as well, you'll need to look through the Aderans thread for all the details, theres a lot to go over.

Consider also the fact that not only do they have a working solution (I've spoken to reps over the phone and their test patients have been successful with 'great' results in the crown area) they've also invested heavily into acquiring Hair Club and Bosley. That alone should tell you; theyre not dicking around as theyre prepping their product and getting ready to roll it out through these channels.

Further, if the 2014 deadline isnt met, its going to piss off their investors. Its a business first and foremost, so theyre priority is to make CASH and that deadline is going to affect it as they would basically become the first on the market and get a jump start on the market dominance.

The future looks good!
                            I also believe in Aderans, but what does "reps" mean and are anyone allowed to say how the patients are?

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
                              Do you think a current Gho procedure benefit from a Histogen injection in the future or would Histogen be needed first then Gho, or both at once.... would it even matter?

Just asking as I'm figuring out what the options are NOW and how they would affect future options once available.
                              Both at once would be incredible - imagine the graft survival rate, imagine grafts growing more hairs per follicular unit, definitely combined would be a dream, but there's heaps of hurdles to cross before that will be established as a treatment.

Comment

Working...