+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Gutted you seem pretty sure its best to use this combo on its own for the best results. You don't think oral DHT blockers will yield the best results and you also recommend taking MSM/VitC and TRX2 on an empty stomach right? For maximum efficacy.

Would you also advise a person to drop any other supplements they may be taking. Biotin, Lipoic acid, Reversatol and turmeric curcumin etc?

There are some natural DHT lowering vitamins out there also such as aged Garlic extract and Omega 3 (more for PGD2 lowering). Would it be a bad idea to take these in between doses of MSM and TRX2?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Gutted you seem pretty sure its best to use this combo on its own for the best results. You don't think oral DHT blockers will yield the best results and you also recommend taking MSM/VitC and TRX2 on an empty stomach right? For maximum efficacy.

Would you also advise a person to drop any other supplements they may be taking. Biotin, Lipoic acid, Reversatol and turmeric curcumin etc?

There are some natural DHT lowering vitamins out there also such as aged Garlic extract and Omega 3 (more for PGD2 lowering). Would it be a bad idea to take these in between doses of MSM and TRX2?
    you can take on an empty stomach or 30 mins after food.

i dont reccomend anything else since, they may interact with the efficacy, so far only msm/vit c and trx2 (for regrowth) are required alone, so it would be best to drop the other supplements they are on for hair related reasons. Msm/vit c is pretty much cost effective.

As for the aged garlic extract and the curcumin, which i tried along with the combo, did induce a shed for reasons im not sure about, and did not yeild any sort of results, so i dont reccomend using them along side the combo, it will just affect the potential of msm/vitc/trx2.

What about rogaine? I guess it's ok to use it along msm

Quote Originally Posted by ovoxo View Post
    What about rogaine? I guess it's ok to use it along msm
    yeah rogaine should be ok.

In fact i would like to know whether this combo can stop the dredded shed that occurs when a person stops rogaine! im pretty confident it can.

Quote Originally Posted by ammin View Post
    Sorry to belabor the point but does your conviction apply as robustly to topical DHT blockers- like Revivogen scalp therapy too
    yes, theres a chance that some of the therapy could quite possibly get into the blood stream causing the effects of upregulation, but this is reduced with topicals, so MAY be ok. Either way upregulation will affect the efficacy of this combo.

Blocking dht is really not neccassary here. This combo blocks what dht initiates further along the pathway, hence why there is NO need to block dht.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    yes, theres a chance that some of the therapy could quite possibly get into the blood stream causing the effects of upregulation, but this is reduced with topicals, so MAY be ok. Either way upregulation will affect the efficacy of this combo.

Blocking dht is really not neccassary here. This combo blocks what dht initiates further along the pathway, hence why there is NO need to block dht.
    This reminds me of how the toco thread started

Can you post pics?

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    As for the aged garlic extract and the curcumin, which i tried along with the combo, did induce a shed for reasons im not sure about, and did not yeild any sort of results, so i dont reccomend using them along side the combo, it will just affect the potential of msm/vitc/trx2.
    Sorry if this was already said, but the reason for the MSM is as a source of dietary sulfur, right? Why would garlic work in a way opposite MSM then? Garlic is awesome for that. How long did you give it to see results? Could the shed not have been unrelated and/or caused by another variable?

And as a side note, curcumin (or I'd say whole turmeric, really) is just plain too good for your body to not take, in my opinion.

This seems like one of the best MSM products I have seen online in terms of cost and dosage.

http://www.highernature.co.uk/ShowPr...ctFamilyID=158

If you click the label tab and move the cursor over the ingedients part of the label you can get a good run down on whats in each tablet.

Do you think its good value Gutted in terms of giving you the purest MSM available?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    This reminds me of how the toco thread started

Can you post pics?
    toco8 efficacy probably comes from blocking the AR receptor directly. I have tried it in the past for 6 months, i didnt recognise any benefit to it what so ever apart from sexual sides, and i am highly observationally aware when it comes to hair.

As for the pics i wouldnt post them on an open forum. Even then you cant tell the between the difference from the before and after photo, due to angle irregularities and density cant be seen easily via an aerial photograph unless you were pretty severeley diffuse in the before photograph. All i can say is try it as directed and im pretty sure you will notice benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Sorry if this was already said, but the reason for the MSM is as a source of dietary sulfur, right? Why would garlic work in a way opposite MSM then? Garlic is awesome for that. How long did you give it to see results? Could the shed not have been unrelated and/or caused by another variable?
    Yes the sulphur is the key component of garlic and taken with vitc pretty much has the same effct as msm but it also contains other compounds to it which may have other oppossite effects im not sure of and which i probably did experience from the AGE. In fact taking raw galric initially was i how i discovered the importance of sulphur.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    And as a side note, curcumin (or I'd say whole turmeric, really) is just plain too good for your body to not take, in my opinion.
    As for curcumin, yes the studies are there and a great addition for other health reasons but for hair i really cant reccomend it. Dont use it with the combo.

Im pretty sure it was the kyolic AGE/curcumin that i was taking that induced a shed, im not sure why. To me shedding is a bad thing regardless of what you might believe. With msm/vitc/trx2 you will not experience any sort of shed.

You can use a myriad of supplements that have some studies to suggest they combat mpb but the fact is using all those supplments is not only slightley incovenient but also probably pretty expensive.
    MSM/vitc is pretty much a cost effective way of stopping mpb.