Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
whyohwhy

Default How to tell if you are going bald before you can visabley tell

Hi guys, im 21 years of age and have noticed some hair falling out of my head but that's only through being pedantic and excessively running my hands through my hair. I haven't got any noticeable hair loss or am I receding what so ever at the moment but I feel i am at the beginning of the end. I am scared and feel i will go bald before my time, it gives me anxiety only because I let it (immaturity).

I say this because on my mothers side her father started going bald at 22 and my mothers brother is bald and so is his son. My mothers sisters son is also bald all going through MPB at around 22. How can you start to tell if you are loosing your hair before you can visibley tell? I want to get onto this as soon as I can. Does lazer therapy work to keep hair full and growing even though DHT is present in the body? The stories of people taking FDA drugs ruining their lives has ruled that out for me.

Let me know if you have any ideas?
Sorry if I sound pedantic, I just wont be ready for MPB in my 20s even though my genes are saying another story.

Thank you
whyohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
ravegrover

u won't be able to properly comb or style ur hair - that's 1st sign. also, ur hair will appear thinner and even less manageable when wet.. u might want to post sme pics.. there r very knowledgeable pple on this forum who could see them & advise
ravegrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
Dr. Glenn Charles
IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon

Sometimes of you can get an idea that a person might not be far from having noticeable hair loss if after you wet the hair and there is a slight thinning appearence in the male pattern area. However, that might only be able to be seen by a trained eye. You may want to visit a hair restoration physician to get a professional opinion.
Dr. Glenn Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
LilB

Wow, your story really does resemble mine a lot! It's true. My hair can't styled unless i wear a hat, wind has become my new enemy.
LilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
whyohwhy

Thank you, I am
whyohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote