Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
OMNIBUS

Default New to forums, Planning a HT, Anyone have exp with dr. umar?

Watsup everyone. So i i am planning to have a hair transplant procedure with dr umar. Im am only 21 years old and im having the hair at my temples filled in a bit with FUE(my hair loss is only class 1/2). Dr. Umar informed me once i do this i most likely will have to get more hair transplants in the future if balding continues or my hairline will look unnatural. Im fully aware and i still want to go through with it cause one way or another im going to battle baldness! And i am not happy with the current look of my hairline. I was never interested in the meds like propecia cause of the side effects so im deciding to start with hair transplants. Dr. Umar recommended 1000 grafts. But before i set the date i just wanted to get some feedback from any of his patients.(not just results from his website) So if ther is anyone out ther who had a FUE hair transplant with Dr. Umar. Plz let me know how your procedure went and if you were satisfied with your results. I would appreciate it. :]
OMNIBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Jotronic

What does "having my temples filled in a bit" mean? Do you have have any pics to share?
Hasson & Wong NEVER use flash photography to improve our results. H&W is the ONLY clinic to standardize on HD video and high resolution images so you can see the real difference that matters, the details.

Like my Facebook Page Facebook Page for Jotronic

View the greatest hair transplant videos of all time at Hair Transplant Videos

The highest quality hair transplant results can be seen at Hair Transplant Photos

All opinions are my own and may not be the same as Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong
Jotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
OMNIBUS

Well i can post some pics just need to edit my face out of them. But i am looking for feedback on Dr. Umar's work, not my hairloss situation. Even though i have heard many good things about Dr. Umar's work i am being cautious and want to be sure i end up with good results since this is permanent after all.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #4
8868alex

OMNIBUS -

I appreciate that you are asking for feedback on Dr Umar and not your overall situation. I have heard mixed reviews about his work but I understand he is a decent sort of guy. At least he was honest about the prospect of future loss. At the risk of annoyance however, I feel a word of caution is prudent:

Hair loss (even at a minimal level) at 21 does not bode well for future
Norwood prognoses. I respect your decision not to use Propecia, but currently there is no other way to effectively treat MPB on a singular level. You need to be extremely careful with your chosen course of action. At best it is highly risky for a multitude of reasons. Presently, hair transplantation is a supply and demand game. If you progress to a high Norwood classification, you won't have enough donor hair to catch up with the loss and may eventually end up in a dire straits.

Please take these comments as they were intended as I mean no disrespect. I genuinely wish you the best with whatever your next step is but you should be looking before you leap!
8868alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
DAVE52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMNIBUS View Post

. Im am only 21 years old and im having the hair at my temples filled in a bit with FUE(my hair loss is only class 1/2). :]
Don't do it

Too young

And you're only filling in the temples ..you're just asking for a life of continued trnasplants to fill in what you continue to lose - and at 21 you don't know what the future holds

At least th Dr was honest and admitted so
DAVE52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
OMNIBUS

Thnx for the replies. Yes dr umar is really nice and informed me well. I will bring up my amount of donor hair with dr umar. and see how much i will have to cover the rest of my head in case i get really bald.(my dad never went completely bald but u never know) And then i will make my decision after that. If i go through with it ill post up before adn after pics on the forums !
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
producer12

Default Dr Umar

i just had a fue , using nape and beard hair on april 13th.1500 grafts, I dont have any donor left so he used the nape and beard, I am happy so far with the results, the only thing i wasnt totally happy with paying $12000 was that the girls put the graphs in. For that much money he should have been more hands on, but he did a great job on his part. ..... i have had 5 hair transplant and i really dont have much hair so now i need to go to the beard and chest. enjoy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
OMNIBUS -

I appreciate that you are asking for feedback on Dr Umar and not your overall situation. I have heard mixed reviews about his work but I understand he is a decent sort of guy. At least he was honest about the prospect of future loss. At the risk of annoyance however, I feel a word of caution is prudent:

Hair loss (even at a minimal level) at 21 does not bode well for future
Norwood prognoses. I respect your decision not to use Propecia, but currently there is no other way to effectively treat MPB on a singular level. You need to be extremely careful with your chosen course of action. At best it is highly risky for a multitude of reasons. Presently, hair transplantation is a supply and demand game. If you progress to a high Norwood classification, you won't have enough donor hair to catch up with the loss and may eventually end up in a dire straits.

Please take these comments as they were intended as I mean no disrespect. I genuinely wish you the best with whatever your next step is but you should be looking before you leap!
producer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #8
OMNIBUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer12 View Post
i just had a fue , using nape and beard hair on april 13th.1500 grafts, I dont have any donor left so he used the nape and beard, I am happy so far with the results, the only thing i wasnt totally happy with paying $12000 was that the girls put the graphs in. For that much money he should have been more hands on, but he did a great job on his part. ..... i have had 5 hair transplant and i really dont have much hair so now i need to go to the beard and chest. enjoy....
Thnx. I feel confident about getting a transplant done with him now. I have been searching around forums and the only negative thing i have seen is by a dude called silversumthing... But looking into it i found out he was just upset at dr umar cause he chose not work on him, so was trying to make him look bad. But all others i have seen think he is great!