Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
northeastguy

Default Dr Rahal, Dr Cole, or Dr R Shapiro...

In terms of technnical and asthetic skills, Does either of these Docs have an advantage or are you putting your head in good hands regardles of which two you choose. Please base your opinion on ability and skill.....
northeastguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Follicle Death Row

They're all tops. Some have their favs but really they all have great reputations.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
DreamBig

I'm talking from a totally bias point of view as I had my surgery with him but I would say Dr Rahal. I'm only 3 months post surgery and my results already are awesome, the aesthetic difference in this short period of time has been beyond my expectations.
DreamBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Follicle Death Row

Dr. Rahal would be my fav too. His popularity has exploded this past year it seems.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
mg39

I'm almost 5 weeks post op from over 5500 grafts with Dr Rahal, and I'm already seeing growth in the hairline. You can't go wrong with any, but I went with Dr Rahal based on all the positive experiences and great outcomes he has achieved.
mg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
northeastguy

I'd kill to have 5500 grafts to use! Glad you all are happy with your results so far.... great news.
northeastguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
John P. Cole, MD
IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon

From an aesthetic perspective hair restoration is simple in my opinion. Use small increments of grafts directed properly and you succeed on the hairline. Physicians fail only because they delegate this very important process to their surgery staff without checking what the staff does or insuring that the staff performs properly. The other alternative is to do it yourself. Either way works. Physicians fail only when they do not follow these simply procedures.

As an example i worked on a Oscar award winning film producer in 2012. His goal was to restore a small area in the middle of his hair line only because this small area created a problem for him. He had a cow lick on both sides, which is quite rare for patient with hair loss. The bilateral cow lick opened up the middle of his hair line because the hair parted to each side in the middle. Small one and two hair grafts angled properly solved his problem and set him up for future Oscar photos provided he continues to produce at a high level, which is probable given his higher sense of self esteem.

Donor area to recipient area overall hair mass determine what we can do for any patient. Limited loss spells sure success. What we do with limited donor supply or limited finances are often a function of physician ability to make the most out of a limited supply. Still minimal loss compared to maximal donor supply spell success. It is far more impressive when you make a maximal loss look great with a limited donor supply. in other words anyone can make a class 3 or lower look amazing with any donor supply (minimal donor mass to maximal donor mass). What separates the men from the boys is how to make a maximal loss look good with a minimal supply. Such a situation is not always possible.

What I would say with all good physicians is that they have plenty of patients so they are not going to sell you on a procedure that they do not feel capable of doing. With regard to technique you should choose a physician who specializes in that techniques. For instance, i would not choose me for a strip procedure because even though i have done over 8000 strip procedures, I focus on FUE today. Other doctors do some FUE and feel that they do a better job with strips. Choose them for strips, but avoid them for FUE. if a physician illegally uses an unlicensed person to do FUE or strips, then avoid them altogether. Choose a physician who focuses on the technique you want and tell them exactly what you want. You can't go wrong with that. Good LUCK!
John P. Cole, MD is offline   Reply With Quote