Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Gandolf

Default Question for Spex

Hi Spex,

I have read a lot here and on your site about your own story, having had 10 HTs, but I was curious if you have anywhere a detailed posting about when you had them done, which doctor, how many grafts, etc. Also, I'm curious how many total grafts you have had from both Strip and FUE procedures. Thanks in advance.
Gandolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Spex
Fellermedical Consultant

Quote:
Hi Spex,

I have read a lot here and on your site about your own story, having had 10 HTs, but I was curious if you have anywhere a detailed posting about when you had them done, which doctor, how many grafts, etc. Also, I'm curious how many total grafts you have had from both Strip and FUE procedures. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay ive been overseas on new exciting project which will fill you guys in on in due course.

All my info is out there however i will summarise here for you in brief.

4 x Strip surgeries with Bosley 500 grafts each time ( Poor ) 2000/1
1000 FUE with Dr Jones in Canada ( Poor ) 2004

Left me with a pluggy, stalky unnatural look along with a sizeable strip scar and FUE scaring.

Dr Feller
900+ FUE with Dr Feller ( Grew well) 2006
114 FUE into Bosley scar ( Grew well ) 2007
82 FUE into Bosley Scar ( Grew well) 2008
72 FUE into Boslaey scar ( Grew well ) 2009

Dr Lindsey
224 FUE into Forelock with Dr Lindsey ( Growing well 9 months post op ) 2011
192 FUE into hairline pocket with Dr Lindsey 2011 ( 3 months post op ) 2011

TOTAL Strip : 2000
TOTAL FUE : 2600

Hope this helps
SPEX
Dr. Bijan Feriduni, IAHRS Member

Feel free to contact me directly about your hair loss concerns : Contact Spex

I am not a Doctor and all my posts are my own personal opinion based on 10 Hair transplants, SMP into my scar and 10 years consulting on and offline. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.
Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Gandolf

Geez that's a ton of procedures to come away with just 4600 grafts, I'm sure you wish you had it to do over. At least your end result is very good, that's the most important thing. I have a consult with Dr. Feller coming up, I can't wait.
Gandolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
chrisdav

It is a great, emotional story of what Spex has personally gone through and with all the experiences and knowledge he has gained over the years, I think that is why he decided to write his book.

http://maximumhairminimumloss.com

The book and the videos were very helpful to me personally, which enabled me to gain a broader understanding of hairloss/surgery.

I honestly believe it is one of the best sources of information ANYWHERE on the net.
chrisdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
Folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
I honestly believe it is one of the best sources of information ANYWHERE on the net.
I totally agree !!
Folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
spreadlocks

I'd third that. Group hug guys. Hahahaha.

Nah, seriously though. I credit spex with being the person who is responsible for the fact that I am growing back from a great procedure with a top doctor instead of massively regretting going to the UK butcher that I nearly went with.
He also made me realise that I needed to do lots more research into all aspects of hairloss.

As Chrisdav said, the project is the best value money I have spent in this whole hairloss saga.
spreadlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
Spex
Fellermedical Consultant

LOL - Group hug!

Thanks guys - i invested a lot of time and energy all my my own expense to provide my project and very proud of it and the acknowledgement it has recieved from patient, veterans and authorities such as Spencer Kobren.

Coming up to nearly a year since the project was launched and the response has been overwhelming

Glad you guys found it helpful too.

Best
SPEX

I am not a Doctor and all my posts are my own personal opinion based on 10 Hair transplants, SMP into my scar and 10 years consulting on and offline. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
Folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
Group hug guys. Hahahaha.
LOL. Nothing wrong with a bit of bromance fellas !!

Spex, did you have short strips taken every time. i.e. short strip from the centre, then from the sides, etc. Or do docs prefer to take a much thinner strip over a longer distance to get a better scar ? What's Dr. Fellers call on this ?

Cheers.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
Spex
Fellermedical Consultant

Hi Folly, Hope you are well.

I had 4 strip surgeries - however they left me with just one scar - they removed the existing scar each time. This left me with a stretched scar in places. The scar runs literally round half+ of my head.

Pic taken in 2006 after 900+ FUE with Dr Feller immediate post op surgery. Dr Feller would take a long thin section via strip, not a short fat one. The longer the section removed the thinner need be the section REmoved therefore less torsion on the scalp, resulting in a thinner scar.

Best
SPEX

Old 03-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
Folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post
The longer the section removed the thinner need be the section REmoved therefore less torsion on the scalp, resulting in a thinner scar.
Cheers Spex, makes sense.