Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
ronbo99

Default Advice Needed -

Have decided that FUE is probably for me - have had a pseudo comb-over for the past decade - haven't lost much during that time. Not so interested in medicine for the long haul - and didn't do so well with minoxidil when I used it 4 years ago.

So my questions:

- I'm willing to travel in the U.S. and want to know the best cities for this procedure.

- Which cities offer the best quality / pricing for the service?

- are there chains that offer great quality / pricing in multiple markets?

- Neo-graft - better procedure or hype? More expensive? More successful? worth it?

- How many days should I hide after the procedure? (how many vacation days should I take?)

My pic is attached.....thick hair on sides, in back......

Thanks in advance...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-5.jpg

Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	12662  
ronbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Tracy C

The doctor you choose is more important than the city the doctor is in. It is in your best interest to stay away from chain clinics like Bosely. You will be much better off if you choose a doctor who is an IAHRS member. Here is a list for you.

http://www.iahrs.org/member/

NOTE: The IAHRS is a patient advocacy organization.

You need to start learning some things. This site has some good information to help you get started on a better track.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

Given your degree of hair loss and the length of time you have been this bald, neither Minoxidil or low level laser therapy are likely to do you much good. Oral medication such as Finasteride might be able to arrest your hair loss from progressing further though. Transplant surgery is not a silver bullet. Only so much of your hair can be moved into the balding area. So make sure you understand what realistic expectations are for your situation.
Tracy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #3
ravegrover

I think u need to take step back & first decide whether HT is right for you. Given the degree of hairloss & facts that ur nt on medication & live overseas I'd seriously re-consider the decision. HT requires life long commitment - u may need additional procedures & results r nt always satisfying.
ravegrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Dr. Glenn Charles
IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon

You need to first figure out if you are a candidate for surgical hair restoration. It would help if you had your donor hair evaluated by a hair transplant doctor. Then you need to make sure your expectations are realistic. Then if you still want to proceed with a hair restoration procedure you need to decide if FUT (strip) or FUE is the right choice for you. Remember the only benefit of FUE is there is no linear scar in the donor area. The cost of FUE is much higher and if you do not plan to wear very short hair in the donor area FUT might be the way to go.
Dr. Glenn Charles is offline   Reply With Quote