Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
TheDude

Default Biostem

What do you guys think?

Looks interesting to me..

http://www.biostem.us/treatments
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
DepressedByHairLoss

I checked out the website and I think certain aspects of it are good, while others are b.s. For instance, they talk about PRP being used to stimulate hair growth. Although PRP hasn't been proven to do much, I still have faith that if the PRP process was tweaked a little bit, then it could really benefit us. I mean, the science behind PRP is solid; chemicals like VEGF and FGF that PRP contains have been linked to hair growth. And the good thing is that even if PRP doesn't work, then no permanent damage is done to your head. But some aspects of that website are horseshit, like when they suggested that these bullshit all-natural nutraceuticals supplements can stimulate hair growth. These all-natural herbal methods to regrow hair are so full of shit.
DepressedByHairLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
NeedHairASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
I checked out the website and I think certain aspects of it are good, while others are b.s. For instance, they talk about PRP being used to stimulate hair growth. Although PRP hasn't been proven to do much, I still have faith that if the PRP process was tweaked a little bit, then it could really benefit us. I mean, the science behind PRP is solid; chemicals like VEGF and FGF that PRP contains have been linked to hair growth. And the good thing is that even if PRP doesn't work, then no permanent damage is done to your head. But some aspects of that website are horseshit, like when they suggested that these bullshit all-natural nutraceuticals supplements can stimulate hair growth. These all-natural herbal methods to regrow hair are so full of shit.

ya that whole site is full of shit.

I. lazers
II. all natural supplements
III. HTs
IV. PRP

the only difference with this place is that, instead of going to different companies for each of these bullshit treatments you can get them all under one roof....

PRP is bullshit and is being offered as a stemcell treatment by TONS of places.... both old and newly established places...
NeedHairASAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
Thinning@30

Sort of reminds me of a headline I saw once in The Onion "Revolutionary new insoles combine findings from 5 different branches of Pseudoscience" or something to that effect.
Thinning@30 is offline   Reply With Quote