Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #41
Follicle Death Row

Just to clarify, I popped those links up to have a look at donors after a large amount of FUE extractions. I certainly wouldn't advice the choi implanter pen based on what I have heard. It does look scary as hell. Firing those suckers in there like a machine gun.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #42
gillenator

Very few surgeons have used or know how to use the Choi Implanter which I believe was first introduced by DHI in Greece back in 2003? Correct me someone if I am wrong but i distictly remeber reading all about the hype in the forums back then.

I would not worry about Dr. Rahal putting 3,000 FUE in that contained area simply because I do not believe he would do something that would be that unethical. I highly doubt that the average patient can do that though. That particular patient probably has way above avergae hair characteristcs. That also includes the other examples that FDR put up. Plus these examples show remarkable healing.

Trust me, the aveage Joe suffering from MPB does not have 8,000 plus harvestable FUs by FUE and not have a bearing on how the donor area looks post-op. And then shave down to a number #1? Really? How many guys can do that?

I will concur that more and more docs are becoming more and more proficient at FUE including robotic harvesting.

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following supporting physicians: Dr. Glenn Charles, Dr. Jerry Cooley, Dr. James Harris, Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin
gillenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #43
Follicle Death Row

Yeah definitely not your average patients but it could be the way to go for some potential patients with above average characteristics. Maybe you need about 22000 FU in the donor and good physiology in terms of healing to get up to 8000 and above. I look forward to that 3000 FUE Dr. Rahal case. It's going to be fantastic.

Yeah a load of hype over the choi implanter. Bad yield I'd imagine. This looks crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D0EFuf1aZg
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #44
gillenator

Yep, 3,000 FUE is more common place today with many more docs doing it.

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following supporting physicians: Dr. Glenn Charles, Dr. Jerry Cooley, Dr. James Harris, Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin
Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #45
ejj

think your right Gillenator , i had choi with NHI Greece around that time wasnt pretty !

regards

ejj
ejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #46
gillenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejj View Post
think your right Gillenator , i had choi with NHI Greece around that time wasnt pretty !

regards

ejj
I knew it! Yep that was back when PeterMac was their salesperson/consultant who used to be the forum moderator for ************. Then there appeared to be a mass exit of personnel.

How would you rate your yield from that procedure?

Old 12-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #47
ejj

i got zero yeild ! salesperson was M Mendelsohn ( top scumbag ) .. they caused the worst scar right side of my head , everytime the Dr gave me a anasthetic he made me say " Thank you Dr " much to the amusement of his techs ! Mendelsohn now heading up " highdensityhairtransplants " greece have a look on google what a scumbag that man is , Greece lovely for a holiday but defo hairtransplant no go !

regards
ejj
ejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #48
gillenator

Was there a Dr. Giotis at that time? I think he was their first FUE doc when they began marketing their tool in the internet forums. What other docotrs were there that you remember? I have not seen their former internet consultant PeterMac for a long time now. I heard he got employed in a totally different field and don't think he even had hairloss or a HT himself. That's what I remember anyway.