Originally Posted by sausage
This looks years away from anything good happening.....
Looks too good to be true to me, I can't imagine that creating a full head of hair with a few injections. The existing hair will continue to fall out anyway and you'd have to come back for more, just like a transplant.
The other thing that I don't get is....wouldn't DHT still exist therefore making any new hairs fall out or do they take the cells from the longer lasting hairs at the back of the head which creates DHT resistant hair on top/front of the head. I guess so.
1. Why did I have to go bald.
2. Why did I have to go bald 5-10 years too early...there will probably be some sort of cure by then but I'll be too old by then.
, you need to listen to the interview or visit the replicel website or get informed or something.
1. You will only need a certain number of follow-ups within a small time frame depending on the efficacy it has on you and how severe your hair loss is.
2. The existing hair wont continue to fall out because the hairs that are programmed to fall out (have DHT receptors) will be rejuvinated/mitose with the dermal sheath cup cells of resistant hairs from the back of the head that never fall out, so it will let you keep your existing hair.
3. Im guessing with a combination of hair transplants and replicel or histogen or aderans or whatever is best at the time, you will be able to achieve a full head of hair again.
Its good to be optimistic, because newcomers of a young age on this forum reading depressing pessimists poking holes where there are none really can make things alot more daunting, the fact is there isnt any reason to be depressed at all, its not just 1 company, its many multi-million dollar companies focusing on a common goal and if your at the early stages of losing your hair, great ! it will be out in good time. If you've already lost alot of your hair, you've probably figured out how to live with it and can hold on a couple more years.
I feel like ultimately hair loss is what you make of it, just chillout, relax and enjoy your life however you can because life is not all about hair and look to some of your bald role-models to help you get through it all if it starts to get tough .