I've a few questions. They may not be able to answer them this early in the process but here goes anyway:
1. On an area of bald scalp will an injection of dermal sheath cup cells induce growth of single hairs or multi hair follicles? This is important for producing real volume and the appearance of density.
2. Do the injected cells bring back the old follicles or create entirely new ones? As in if a 3 haired follicle was there before the balding process will that come back or would only a single hair follicle grow?
3. Compared to native non miniturised hair, does the new hair have similiar shaft diameter thickness? Is the shaft thickness similiar to the hair in the donor area?
4. Is the growth direction a non issue?
5. Is the new hair permanent or are repeated procedures or touch ups required periodically? I only ask this as a biopsy is required. We would all like to avoid multiple punches so is it possible that some DSC cells can be kept in a 'hair bank'
so to speak in order to multiply them again and inject them when the patient requires some time down the line?
6. It's probably too early to ask this one but what sort of density in terms of FU/cm2 can this procedure restore? Are the effects of multiple procedures cumulative? i.e. Would a second pass give the patient more density?
7. Do Replicel forsee the hairline and temple points being problematic? Is there a case here for the synergistic use of a minor FUE session to assert better control over the hairline and ensure the patient the aesthetic result they desire?
8. What timeline are we realistically looking at to get this to market? Is a third phase of clinical trials planned? What's the estimated cost?
9. How come Aderans are going the FDA route with a similiar procedure whereas Replicel are seemingly not?
Hopefully I've laid out some the queries that you guys have too.