Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #121
gmonasco
Senior Member
 
gmonasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 872
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodkid View Post
Has Replicel done any testing at all, even on mice, that shows that their injectable works in at least some organism? Or is it all just a 'theory' that this will work?
http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1.../5602058a.html
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #122
Follicle Death Row
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,094
Default

I've a few questions. They may not be able to answer them this early in the process but here goes anyway:

1. On an area of bald scalp will an injection of dermal sheath cup cells induce growth of single hairs or multi hair follicles? This is important for producing real volume and the appearance of density.

2. Do the injected cells bring back the old follicles or create entirely new ones? As in if a 3 haired follicle was there before the balding process will that come back or would only a single hair follicle grow?

3. Compared to native non miniturised hair, does the new hair have similiar shaft diameter thickness? Is the shaft thickness similiar to the hair in the donor area?

4. Is the growth direction a non issue?

5. Is the new hair permanent or are repeated procedures or touch ups required periodically? I only ask this as a biopsy is required. We would all like to avoid multiple punches so is it possible that some DSC cells can be kept in a 'hair bank' so to speak in order to multiply them again and inject them when the patient requires some time down the line?

6. It's probably too early to ask this one but what sort of density in terms of FU/cm2 can this procedure restore? Are the effects of multiple procedures cumulative? i.e. Would a second pass give the patient more density?

7. Do Replicel forsee the hairline and temple points being problematic? Is there a case here for the synergistic use of a minor FUE session to assert better control over the hairline and ensure the patient the aesthetic result they desire?

8. What timeline are we realistically looking at to get this to market? Is a third phase of clinical trials planned? What's the estimated cost?

9. How come Aderans are going the FDA route with a similiar procedure whereas Replicel are seemingly not?


Hopefully I've laid out some the queries that you guys have too.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #123
NotDyingBald
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 48
Default

Well, my first post in this forum. Been watchinīit for a while.

About a phase 3 planned, donīt know but, hereīs something i havenīt see anyone noticed:

http://www.replicel.com/contact-us/c...rials-sign-up/

Itīs been on the website for 2 weeks.

"Our clinical team has initiated discussions with regulators in Europe and Canada in anticipation of positive data from our ongoing phase I/IIa clinical trial."

Letīs remember that end of July was the timeline for the injections of all patients in the study. Q1 2012 data, itīs because by then, 6 months passed since the last patient injected. Who knows if, 6 months after the first patient injection(they started Dec`10) they are already seeing good results that makes them think that itīs worth to start planning bigger trials?

Already signed in, since iīm from Europe.
NotDyingBald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #124
Bronson
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
I've a few questions. They may not be able to answer them this early in the process but here goes anyway:

1. On an area of bald scalp will an injection of dermal sheath cup cells induce growth of single hairs or multi hair follicles? This is important for producing real volume and the appearance of density.

2. Do the injected cells bring back the old follicles or create entirely new ones? As in if a 3 haired follicle was there before the balding process will that come back or would only a single hair follicle grow?

3. Compared to native non miniturised hair, does the new hair have similiar shaft diameter thickness? Is the shaft thickness similiar to the hair in the donor area?

4. Is the growth direction a non issue?

5. Is the new hair permanent or are repeated procedures or touch ups required periodically? I only ask this as a biopsy is required. We would all like to avoid multiple punches so is it possible that some DSC cells can be kept in a 'hair bank' so to speak in order to multiply them again and inject them when the patient requires some time down the line?

6. It's probably too early to ask this one but what sort of density in terms of FU/cm2 can this procedure restore? Are the effects of multiple procedures cumulative? i.e. Would a second pass give the patient more density?

7. Do Replicel forsee the hairline and temple points being problematic? Is there a case here for the synergistic use of a minor FUE session to assert better control over the hairline and ensure the patient the aesthetic result they desire?

8. What timeline are we realistically looking at to get this to market? Is a third phase of clinical trials planned? What's the estimated cost?

9. How come Aderans are going the FDA route with a similiar procedure whereas Replicel are seemingly not?


Hopefully I've laid out some the queries that you guys have too.
Good questions all, I recommend Spencer ask these to start with.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #125
elvispresley
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDyingBald View Post
Well, my first post in this forum. Been watchinīit for a while.

About a phase 3 planned, donīt know but, hereīs something i havenīt see anyone noticed:

http://www.replicel.com/contact-us/c...rials-sign-up/

Itīs been on the website for 2 weeks.

"Our clinical team has initiated discussions with regulators in Europe and Canada in anticipation of positive data from our ongoing phase I/IIa clinical trial."

Letīs remember that end of July was the timeline for the injections of all patients in the study. Q1 2012 data, itīs because by then, 6 months passed since the last patient injected. Who knows if, 6 months after the first patient injection(they started Dec`10) they are already seeing good results that makes them think that itīs worth to start planning bigger trials?

Already signed in, since iīm from Europe.
replicel looks very good... (we need to see the result) in Q1 2012...

anyway im from europe , can i know what i need to be accepted into the next trials? and where they will do them? i tried to find info on the website but i couldn't ... if someone knows let me know thx
elvispresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #126
krewel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 188
Default

What bothers me, well maybe even one of u can answer that:
How will they make sure, that hairs only grow in a certain area? I mean, in their videos it's being said, their techqique also produces new hair follicles. Unfortunatley, we dont want hair to grow out of our forehead, haha.
krewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #127
uninformed
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewel View Post
What bothers me, well maybe even one of u can answer that:
How will they make sure, that hairs only grow in a certain area? I mean, in their videos it's being said, their techqique also produces new hair follicles. Unfortunatley, we dont want hair to grow out of our forehead, haha.
Yeh was wondering about that too... especially near the hairline, how do you control where the hair growth is gonna be located?
uninformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #128
DepressedByHairLoss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDyingBald View Post
Well, my first post in this forum. Been watchinīit for a while.

About a phase 3 planned, donīt know but, hereīs something i havenīt see anyone noticed:

http://www.replicel.com/contact-us/c...rials-sign-up/

Itīs been on the website for 2 weeks.

"Our clinical team has initiated discussions with regulators in Europe and Canada in anticipation of positive data from our ongoing phase I/IIa clinical trial."

Letīs remember that end of July was the timeline for the injections of all patients in the study. Q1 2012 data, itīs because by then, 6 months passed since the last patient injected. Who knows if, 6 months after the first patient injection(they started Dec`10) they are already seeing good results that makes them think that itīs worth to start planning bigger trials?

Already signed in, since iīm from Europe.
Man, if this was Histogen, I would've signed in in a second. No biopsies or punching, and nothing but potential benefits.
DepressedByHairLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #129
Kiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
Man, if this was Histogen, I would've signed in in a second. No biopsies or punching, and nothing but potential benefits.
Just a quick question, would you personally feel safe being part of a Histogen clinical trial? I sometimes wonder about it myself...
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:43 AM   #130
Follicle Death Row
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
Yeh was wondering about that too... especially near the hairline, how do you control where the hair growth is gonna be located?
I wonder the same. Perhaps FUE can play a role in tackling the hairline. Perhaps the first 1 to 1.5cm could be approached using FUE to ensure the aesthetic result the patient wants. Some people have had extensive FUE and their donors have the moth eaten look. I wonder could this Replicel techniqe be used to recharge their donor so to speak to make it look normal.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
replicel, replicel: last hope, replifail, treatment

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» The Bald Truth
» Recent Threads
UK FUT with D Krishnan Ziering
01-05-2014 09:14 AM
Last post by joely
Today 02:27 AM
Dutasteride in UK
Today 02:14 AM
by alex82
Last post by alex82
Today 02:14 AM
» Newest Videos

Update On Hairloss 8/10/09...
My hair loss was getting worse, so I just got it cut really short now. I don't think it looks that b...


Hair Loss Remedy Myths Perpetuated Onlin...
We are sure these people mean well, but this is a prime example of why the snake oil industry thrive...


Hair Transplant | "SurgeonofNalts&q...
http://www.baldtruthtalk.comFounder of The American Hair Loss Association Spencer Kobren speaks with...


How Hair Loss Colors Our Lives | Spencer...
...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:27 AM.