Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
jjp87

Default sides from propecia

hello all idk if you saw my first thread but i have since started taking propecia n need some help..

so i've been on propecia for about 3 weeks now and last week i started to notice a slight testicular pain on my right testicle. it usually happens at night when im at home in bed or that might be the only time i notice it.. but anyways seems as though it doesnt happen as often anymore so maybe its going away... but my problem now is my right nipple has been oddly sensitive and my breasts seem to hurt but not tender? like its sore but if i touch it, it doesnt hurt. is this normal? will it go away even if i keep taking it (i really don't wanna lose my hair).. i'm scared i might get gyno or this is a sign of gyno.. nipple isn't swollen and no lumps that i know of.. am i over thinking this? i don't want man boobs.. what should i do?

thanks in advance!
jjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
Spex
Fellermedical Consultant

My advice and i am not a doc is continue to ride it out as you are only 3 weeks in, however slightly drop dose and allow your body to get used to the drug. Possibly 1x every 3 days for the next fortnight for example then 1 x 2 days for the fortnight after that..The mind is a powerful tool so try not think too much about it.
Not to down play your symptoms but i know a guy who was convinced he was going to get the meds and felt he had the majority after 1 tablet.., just not possible! this is a true story.
Dr. Bijan Feriduni, IAHRS Member

Feel free to contact me directly about your hair loss concerns : Contact Spex

I am not a Doctor and all my posts are my own personal opinion based on 10 Hair transplants, SMP into my scar and 10 years consulting on and offline. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.
Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
jjp87

Thx spex trying that now first day not taking it and less nipple sensitivity but I feel as soon as I take it I'll feel it n testicle pain again..
Old 03-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
Spex
Fellermedical Consultant

I really dont think it could cause such a rapid reaction mate - possibly a mind game you have going on with yourself
Dr. Bijan Feriduni, IAHRS Member

Feel free to contact me directly about your hair loss concerns : Contact Spex

I am not a Doctor and all my posts are my own personal opinion based on 10 Hair transplants, SMP into my scar and 10 years consulting on and offline. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.
Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
jjp87

Hope ur right spex n thx for the responses! On day two of no propecia.. Hope this works without me losing my hair.. Feels like propecia is my last option..
Old 03-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
HairyDude

my propecia experience was very different. 3 hours after taking i started having braxton hicks contractions. since i'm not pregnant i wasn't that worried. but then my unit went soft on me like 6 hours later and it took a hoover attachment will full suction to bring it to erection.

but that proceeded to burn up the vacuum as i forgot that the floor brush was still on and turning over and over while i was working on myself. so it was then a trip to wally world for a new hoover for the wife before she comes home.

but with the new hair possibilities i kinda feel like elmer fudd with his hair tonic. gonna be a whole new man.
HairyDude is offline   Reply With Quote