+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hi guys, thanks for your comments. I think the scar has improved remarkably with the FUE inserts and I'm less bothered about it now. I went with Dr. Jones' advice for the FUE vs the trichophytic as he felt there was a risk that I'm prone to scar stretching.

I'm confident in buzzing my hair much shorter now to a #1 shaver setting, so the FUE has made a difference even to that length (making the scar more faded).

My purpose in getting one more revision surgery is to
    A) remove the old hairline plugs (which I now bic as they grow in as thicker hairs than the thin ones I have remaining). and
    B) to see if I can't use those to camouflage my scar even more - every bit helps, and maybe I can buzz to a zero!

I may do a another hr transplant in the future, but because my balding is very extensive I understand I would need a hell of a lot of surgery, and well I think I can look pretty sharp with a shaved head for now.

Quote Originally Posted by varonil View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for your comments. I think the scar has improved remarkably with the FUE inserts and I'm less bothered about it now. I went with Dr. Jones' advice for the FUE vs the trichophytic as he felt there was a risk that I'm prone to scar stretching.

I'm confident in buzzing my hair much shorter now to a #1 shaver setting, so the FUE has made a difference even to that length (making the scar more faded).

My purpose in getting one more revision surgery is to
    A) remove the old hairline plugs (which I now bic as they grow in as thicker hairs than the thin ones I have remaining). and
    B) to see if I can't use those to camouflage my scar even more - every bit helps, and maybe I can buzz to a zero!

I may do a another hr transplant in the future, but because my balding is very extensive I understand I would need a hell of a lot of surgery, and well I think I can look pretty sharp with a shaved head for now.
    If you're happy, that's the bottom line.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default My scar repair with Dr. Robert Jones

Hi Everyone,

I just want to share with you the results of the scar repair procedures I had with Dr. Robert Jones. These were to repair a bad hair transplant done by a different doctor (Dr. Taylor) in 1995. As I've said, the original transplant was the worst decision of my life, it left me with an ugly and apparent surgical scar as well as wiry unnatural looking transplanted hair along my hairline. My goal was to be able to shave my head again with confidence. This album shows how with Dr. Jones help, we've made great progress.

PLEASE CLICK ON MY PROFILE TO REVIEW ALBUM AND STEP BY STEP PROGRESS

I've also included before and after pics here
    pic 1 - prior to Oct08 procedure with Dr. Jones
    pic 2 - June09, result of first procedure
    pic 3 - Dec09, after a couple more small procedures (mainly as an afterthought to remove hairline grafts)

ALSO IN MY PROFILE FIND PICS OF MY HAIRLINE WHERE I HAD THE OLD GRAFTS REMOVED
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 795 (Medium).jpg

Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	3213   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5994 (Large).JPG

Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	3214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7477 (Large).JPG

Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	3215  

varonil,

You sure have come a long way. I wonder if PRP therapy would improve the coloration any further. Have you looked into that at all?
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default PRP Therapy

Hi Gillenator,

I have not looked into PRP therapy. I just peaked now and saw that some doctors are using it at the time of transplant surgery. I'm not sure if it would help me as my scar is long set. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by varonil View Post
    Hi Gillenator,

I have not looked into PRP therapy. I just peaked now and saw that some doctors are using it at the time of transplant surgery. I'm not sure if it would help me as my scar is long set. Any thoughts?
    varonil,

The initial use of PRP therapy was intended to advance and faciltate wound healing both in the interior and exterior. There are other new treatments on the horizon Acell that are demonstrating advances in wound and scar healing.

Try to contact Dr. Cooley in North Carolina for more info and his opinion of your case. I think you will find it enlightening.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Default Thankyou

When i ready your post i see exactly myself, i had the exact same experience, had a transplant done in 1998, i must say the scar has been bothering me since. I was only 22 years then and i believe the doctor lied to me by saying the scar will be very small, he never showed me pictures of donor site, and had i known the permanent scar size i would never have done the surgery. I am like you, have been wanting to wear my hair short but not able since the surgery. Having looked at your FUE i am a little encouraged but more careful now that i will do my research first.
    I still hate the fact that doctors like yours and mien pray on the insecurities of young guys just to gain more money.
    I have had friends that wanted to do the procedure and after showing them my scar all of them changed their mind.

Have you been physically examined by a proven HT sugeon with a good reputation in repair? I am referring to both a possible scar revision and/or FUE.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

I wish you the best with this. I know how embarrassing a huge scar on the back of your head can be. Especially when people start asking you "what is that?", "Do you know you have a huge scar on the back of your head?" , "Where did you get that from?", "It looks like a perfect line".
    What do you tell them?

1. Brain surgery?
    2. Boat accident?
    3. Hairstyle?

I know it sucks! There are treatments to make less noticeable.I have tried cortizone shots,prp and had transdermal hair replication.