Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #601
UK Boy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 244
Smile Actually.....

Actually looking at that timeline that Follical Death Row posted it looks like Aderans started in 2002 so 2014 will be over 10 years since they started out. If you look at the timeline you'll also notice that in 2002 and 2003 when Ken said that it'd be five years they hadn't even started clinical trials so it's now easy to look back and see the 5 years as totally unrealistic. However when Ken again stated 5 years in 2009 Aderans had completed phase I trials and were starting phase II, a big difference to the last time he predicted 5 years. Phase II trials seem to have been running successfully enough as far as anyone can tell although we haven't had any official news since Dec 2010 even though their website says they'll be updating throughout 2011. What we do know of phase II is that they've completed the first protocol and are now about 6 months into the 2nd and 3rd. I've seen a chart on one of the other forums that shows the timeline for the 7 protocols, the same chart shows the product going to market 2014 as planned.
UK Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #602
UK Boy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 244
Default And another thing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
I think you're either misinterpresting or twisting Bernstein's words. To my understanding, he's simply said he doesn't feel hair-multiplication is close (i.e., it's more like "ten years," than ten months, away), not that he's sure it'll show up within the next decade.
Sorry but I have to disagree with you Hair Talk. Unless you are refering to a source other than the article then I feel it is you who is misinterpreting or twisting Bernstein's words. In the article it states that Bernstein says "He believes hair cloning will be commercially available within 10 years". I fail to see how you see this as him saying he doesn't feel it's close. He's saying it will be on the market within 10 years, meaning less than 10 years. To me that makes me think that he's positive about it, like it's within our grasp. You make it sound like he's negative about it like it's a long, long time off. If Bernstein felt that way I'm sure he would've said something like "Hair multiplication is still a long way off, it certainly won't be here within the next 10 years. Anywayz that's my more positive way of looking at it, I'm sure that longer standing members of the forum will disagree with me though.
UK Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #603
mlao
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
Sorry but I have to disagree with you Hair Talk. Unless you are refering to a source other than the article then I feel it is you who is misinterpreting or twisting Bernstein's words. In the article it states that Bernstein says "He believes hair cloning will be commercially available within 10 years". I fail to see how you see this as him saying he doesn't feel it's close. He's saying it will be on the market within 10 years, meaning less than 10 years. To me that makes me think that he's positive about it, like it's within our grasp. You make it sound like he's negative about it like it's a long, long time off. If Bernstein felt that way I'm sure he would've said something like "Hair multiplication is still a long way off, it certainly won't be here within the next 10 years. Anywayz that's my more positive way of looking at it, I'm sure that longer standing members of the forum will disagree with me though.
i agree with UK Boy i had a consultation with Dr. Bernstein and found him to be very honest and pragmatic. As a matter of fact I find his website and blog to be one of the most unbiased sites for people who are looking for honest non-aneccdotal advice about hair loss.
mlao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #604
Follicle Death Row
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
Has anyone got a link to the interview which Ken Washenik tells Spencer it will be another 11 years before we see this treatment? This guy is taking the piss last december he said it would be available by 2014 and just 6 months later he adds on another 8 ****ing years? I give up on these future hope treatments they just pull your excitement up and drag you down in an instant... **** this.
Haha. I'm only kidding. It was a hypothetical conversation and just a joke. We've just had setbacks in the past and I don't think anyone would be very surprised if we missed this 2014 timeline. I think they should have something out, maybe not radical hair cloning, but something better than minox or fin in 2014, 2015? 2016/17? Who knows at this point. Best to remain cautiously optimistic.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #605
RichardDawkins
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 901
Default

The good thing is that almost everyone is taking one step beyond, and thats good for all of us. Thank god someone went the FUE way because inmo FUE is the Starting point for hair multiplication (seen as a surgical solution)
RichardDawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #606
UK_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,742
Default

Yeah I wonder how FUE grafts would respond to being dipped in HSC, probably get thicker recipient hairs, better survival and another one or two hairs around the implant site.
UK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #607
CVAZBAR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
Haha. I'm only kidding. It was a hypothetical conversation and just a joke. We've just had setbacks in the past and I don't think anyone would be very surprised if we missed this 2014 timeline. I think they should have something out, maybe not radical hair cloning, but something better than minox or fin in 2014, 2015? 2016/17? Who knows at this point. Best to remain cautiously optimistic.
I was confused for a bit because I was sure you were joking but when people started thinking it was an actual interview, I was about to go crazy hahaha.
CVAZBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #608
CVAZBAR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 460
Default

Yes, the key is that we are moving forward with big research. I was reading about Follicas recent update in April, with their lithium treatments to stimulate hair growth and they're doing a shit load of testing. The only problem is that they don't say anything about a timeline or how close they are to cracking it. Maybe they are closer than we think. They keep very quiet but there was a real buzz earlier this year with them.
CVAZBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #609
UK_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
I was confused for a bit because I was sure you were joking but when people started thinking it was an actual interview, I was about to go crazy hahaha.
Lol yeh I had to explain to a few people at work today why i was so pissed off yesterday.
UK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #610
Follicle Death Row
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
Lol yeh I had to explain to a few people at work today why i was so pissed off yesterday.
Oops my bad. Kind of funny that it deceived a few...albeit by accident. Perhaps it would have been worse if I made up an interview where Ken goes everything has gone so well that we're launching summer of 2012. Then they find out I was bullshitting. That would have been too evil.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
craig ziering, histogen, hsc, spencer kobren

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Histogen HSC | The Archived Interview with Dr. Craig Ziering on The Bald Truth tbtadmin Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic 14 05-09-2011 03:06 AM
Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Robert Bernstein About ACell MatriStem tbtadmin The Bald Truth: Show Archives 2 11-04-2010 09:10 PM
AOLís StyleList Speaks With Spencer Kobren About Womenís Hair Loss tbtadmin The Bald Truth: Show Archives 0 08-17-2010 01:01 PM
Spencer Kobrenís The Bald Truth | Interview With Dr. Craig Ziering tbtadmin Histogen's Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC) 3 10-08-2009 11:53 AM

» The Bald Truth
» Recent Threads
10 Months on Finasteride
04-21-2014 06:24 PM
by Mribby1
Last post by redy
Yesterday 10:07 PM
Hair loss best thing that ever happened to me.
03-30-2014 07:49 PM
Last post by redy
Yesterday 10:04 PM
Shedding after 5 months
04-16-2014 10:23 PM
by x33
Last post by x33
Yesterday 09:48 PM
» Newest Videos

Update On Hairloss 8/10/09...
My hair loss was getting worse, so I just got it cut really short now. I don't think it looks that b...


Hair Loss Remedy Myths Perpetuated Onlin...
We are sure these people mean well, but this is a prime example of why the snake oil industry thrive...


Hair Transplant | "SurgeonofNalts&q...
http://www.baldtruthtalk.comFounder of The American Hair Loss Association Spencer Kobren speaks with...


How Hair Loss Colors Our Lives | Spencer...
...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 AM.