Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #531
sebasmarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBB View Post
What exactly happened there?
sebasmarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #532
Westonci

hopefully this will speed up the clinical trials. They were supposed to start in fall of 2010, and now its already summer and it just beginning.
Westonci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #533
CAlex

Good news about the lawsuit but it sounded like they still might be tied up with skinmedica for a while in legal issues.

So since the phase1/2 trials are still in the candidate selection(i think) is it likely to assume we wont get another big data release showing if there are major improvements in terms of the amount of hairs being created compared to the preclinical data they released a while back for at least 12 months?

I think the next twelve months are make it or break it for histogen at least in terms of being able to hit a 2014/2015 release deadline. I would be over the moon excited if they are able to just reproduce their initial results over a larger area cm2.
CAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:38 AM   #534
HairTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Craig Ziering View Post
Sorry for my absence but this is the latest "official word" on Histogen.
We're starting to recruit first week in June in Singapore, total of 50 pts. [...]
Best always
Doc Z
Wait: so, what's the news on Histogen's phase I/II trials of H.S.C.? It's June 3rd, 2011, to-day. Have they begun?
HairTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #535
Follicle Death Row

They're supposed to start this month. An update to confirm this would be nice.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #536
Follicle Death Row

Sorry I couldn't find this presentation without the French translator but here's what Histogen's competition, Ken Washenik and Aderans are up to. 53.8% increase in terminal hair count after one year via their stem cell transplantation approach. Hopefully they ramp that up pretty soon because we've yet to see anything cosmetically significant. Presumably they could go back in and do another round of injections. Repeat ad nauseum for some real density. I suppose the advantage over histogen is these bad boys are new dht resistant hairs. This is the future of hair transplantation but it could be way off still. Is the finish line any closer? Who knows. Have a look. Btw, for what it's worth (not much I'd imagine), apparently Gho is trying to crack this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j79WqncOAT4
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #537
HairTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
Sorry I couldn't find this presentation without the French translator but here's what Histogen's competition, Ken Washenik and Aderans are up to. 53.8% increase in terminal hair count after one year via their stem cell transplantation approach. Hopefully they ramp that up pretty soon because we've yet to see anything cosmetically significant. Presumably they could go back in and do another round of injections. Repeat ad nauseum for some real density. I suppose the advantage over histogen is these bad boys are new dht resistant hairs. This is the future of hair transplantation but it could be way off still. Is the finish line any closer? Who knows. Have a look. Btw, for what it's worth (not much I'd imagine), apparently Gho is trying to crack this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j79WqncOAT4
Is this technique (Aderans's) distinct from that being pursued by RepliCel?
HairTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #538
PatientlyWaiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasmarin View Post
What exactly happened there?
He saved a load of money on his car insurance by switching to Geico.
PatientlyWaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #539
ResearchNeverfails

Default I have found the Cause and Cure for Balndess

THis is not a joke I am trying to figure out how to post a wide readable thread on this website. What I will be posting is free knowledge about exacally how to reverse and regrow hair I kid you not and it will not cost you a cent. Sound unbelievable. Wait till you read my one page explenation I have been studying for the last month and put a page together to summerize the science behind it. So if someone could point me in the right direction let me know thanks
ResearchNeverfails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #540
Flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResearchNeverfails View Post
THis is not a joke I am trying to figure out how to post a wide readable thread on this website. What I will be posting is free knowledge about exacally how to reverse and regrow hair I kid you not and it will not cost you a cent. Sound unbelievable. Wait till you read my one page explenation I have been studying for the last month and put a page together to summerize the science behind it. So if someone could point me in the right direction let me know thanks

Make a new thread.
This oughta be good...
Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
craig ziering, histogen, hsc, spencer kobren