Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #1471
jpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
Was that 73% for one patient or was it an average across all test patients?
An average I believe.

Check out this page, there are pics on it too. What I find good is that there are results within 12 weeks, which in hair loss terms is mega fast, considering it takes fin up to 18-24 months!!

http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news_events.htm

Well its not permanent so its not a cure and I believe the hair could last around 5 years (my uninformed opinion btw) but with fin or any other new anti-androgen that may come out like CB then I think its a very big step in the right direction
jpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #1472
jpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
So why aren't people celebrating, looks like histogen have won the race?

How does their tech, will it bring a NW7 back to NW1?
Doubtful to bring a nw7 to nw1...probably need a lot of injections to do that...if its even possible. I would assume it works better on diffuse thinners, but again just my opinion.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #1473
yeahyeahyeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
Doubtful to bring a nw7 to nw1...probably need a lot of injections to do that...if its even possible. I would assume it works better on diffuse thinners, but again just my opinion.
What about if you are receeding?
yeahyeahyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #1474
kaandereli

Quote:
So why aren't people celebrating, looks like histogen have won the race?

How does their tech, will it bring a NW7 back to NW1?
in the beginning of this thread , a doctor from histogen answered to questions.he said that it is possible to get a full hair even for nw7
kaandereli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #1475
jpm

Quote:
What about if you are receeding?
Maybe... I don't think they've tested it at the temples. But I don't see why you couldnt get some regrowth, minox does sometimes regrow hair at the temples. They might get some regrowth but generally the crown responds best to treatments
Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #1476
john2399

I have all my faith in histogen. Those results were fantastic.Hopefully they just continue to get better which will most likely happen with more injections.
john2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #1477
neversaynever

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
I have all my faith in histogen. Those results were fantastic.Hopefully they just continue to get better which will most likely happen with more injections.
I agree. If that 73% increase is an average across all their phase 1 patients (struggling to confirm that on the histogen website!), then its the best results by far from anyone.

There are many questions to be answered. of course this is not the cure, but I would be more than happy to fly to asia one a year or once every two years to wake up my vellus hairs.

I assume they're currently testing it on slick bald scalps?? I hope so. Im not there yet, YET

This is an old thread, and i find their website difficult to navigate. Can anyone confirm when they started phase 2? I know they had problems starting up, so it got delayed.

Also, can someone point me to the 73% on their site, where it says its an average rather than just one patient?
neversaynever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #1478
neversaynever

I also find it interesting that ziering was happy to mention other researchers, including Dr Cots, who hit us recently with this PGd2 stuff. I wonder what ziering has to say about that?
neversaynever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #1479
sausage

Anyone know a year/possible date when this will be available if all goes well?
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #1480
jpm

Histogen combines VEGF with other ingredients for their HSC. Although Nanogen brought out a VEGF serum and most people slammed it.

There must be something in this VEGF is it works for Histogen or they are continuing to use this substance...

Tags
craig ziering, histogen, hsc, spencer kobren