+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    Inactive

To Clarify :

I have had 5 prior strip procedures .

December 09 I had the most recent whereby 2000 grafts were taken from 3 strips and grafted to the frontal third of my head .

The donor area where the strips were taken from was treated with acell, to aid healing , there was NO SCAR REVISION the donor area was sutured not stapled .

600 Beard Hairs were plucked from my chin and placed in and around the PRE -EXISTING scar shown in the 3 before pictures . None grew even though they were treated with acell .

The photos show 3 prior, 3 at one week and 3 at 12 months , with 2 added of the lower scar .

Allthough I am a repair patient , I was told this acell treatment is beneficial to repair patients .

The lower scar is approx 10 cms x 2 cms , this is unlike scar tissue as its smooth and flat however to me it is non hair - bare-ing scalp , the picture at 12 months shows hair growing above and below this donor strip , there was no prior scarring in that area .

The 2 nd scar above my left ear is similar , however a lot wider in parts

The 3rd scar above my right ear appears to have healed a lot better than the other 2.

I expected the donor area to be improved , not made worse , Im devastated about the results of the donor area, in particular where the 2 strips ( pictured ) were taken from which have clearly widened .

In my opinion I had one large scar to address when I embarked on my last surgery whereas I now have another 2 to deal with .

If anyone has been in a similar situation it would be interesting to see how you moved forward , revision , fue ,etc

I have on many occassions spoken with my Dr and yes , I have been offered a free revision / procedure , however i dont think that is an option for me at this moment in time .

Thanks in advance for any advice

Ejj

Default Plucking vs. Transplant

Where are all the results from plucked hair transplants? If there was a high success rate I don't understand why the pictures wouldn't be all over the internet as it would only boost your business. At this point it seems as though going with a smaller transplant procedure seems the way to go along with Acell/PRP needling.

It would seem as though the problem with Acell/PRP is trying to find a way to wound the scalp. The dermaroller covers the most area but it does not get deep enough to really cause any disruption to the follicles so maybe a new device just like a dermaroller but that would pierce the skin a little bit deeper and then applying the Acell/PRP (with the bone marrow stem cells, that should supply the necessary progenitor cells for the hair to regrow) would cause even more regrowth than what has been seen thusfar.

i assume the reason why autocloning pictures arent around is because its just too early for "prime time". the moment you start posting results you are effectively adertising the service. there are still many unknowns that need to be resolved and until then you wont see any results from the doctors. the best we can hope for is from patients and i dont think there will be many so far considering the largest is 1500 grafts (upto last October) and remember very few people overall post photos.

Inactive

I predict last quarter of 2011 we will see more good photos.

I think this wasnt aboz 1500 Grafts, it was about 1500 plcuked hairs but guys correct me if iam wrong here

Default Plans

I am thinning diffusely in a MPB progression so at this point my options are pretty limited. I was thinking about getting a procedure done to fill in the temples and thicken the hairline up and use Hitzig's needling PRP/Acell procedure to hopefully thicken up the rest enough to pass, I want to get something done to hold me over until Histogen or Aderans release a product. And I feel like 1000 grafts to the front along with the PRP/Acell would do enough... Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Inactive

Iam actually waiting another year until the stemcell results are in. Because if they are better i had paid money for nothing :-)

hey rapunzel,

i met with dr cooley about the plucking/acell procedure on the 13th of january. during that week he had done a total of 5 procedures - he used the plucking/acell technique for all 5 procedures and his largest case was 4,000 grafts on a dude from london. i talked with him about price and he said that it's going to double here pretty soon. it also sounded like it was becoming a stand alone procedure. everything he said led me to beleive he's very confident with his technique. given his rep, i would say this sond like great news.....but it sure would be nice to see some more pics on here.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mkamph View Post
    hey rapunzel,

i met with dr cooley about the plucking/acell procedure on the 13th of january. during that week he had done a total of 5 procedures - he used the plucking/acell technique for all 5 procedures and his largest case was 4,000 grafts on a dude from london. i talked with him about price and he said that it's going to double here pretty soon. it also sounded like it was becoming a stand alone procedure. everything he said led me to beleive he's very confident with his technique. given his rep, i would say this sond like great news.....but it sure would be nice to see some more pics on here.
    Nice to hear that. He will need each and every earned Cent soon.

Default Doctors, please put up the pictures...

If this is working so well and there is so much confidence in it's success then I don't see why it would be a problem to put pictures up on the internet. I would like to see plucked hair procedures and the transplants done with Acell/PRP needling along with regular grafts dipped in Acell to see the robust and speedy growth that the doctors are observing. I mean this with all due respect to Cooley, Hitzig and anyone else working with Acell, I'm just interested in seeing some results.