Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Westonci

Default Histogen Raises $10M

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Histogen Raises $10M

San Diego-based Histogen, a developer of regenerative medicine products, announced today that it has raised $10M in a Series A financing round. The financing came from private investors, including Secure Medical, Leonard Lavin, Lordship Ventures, and Angus Mitchell. Histogen is developing regenerative medicine products which do not contain embryonic stem cells or animal components, and are being applied to hair regrowth, skincare, and oncology. The firm said it is in the midst of a $23M, Series B financing which already has commitments. Histogen said it is scheduled to begin a Phase I/II clinical trail of a hair stimulating product in Spring 2011, and is also in the process of beginning a clinical study for a compound for the treatment of carcinomatosis.
Westonci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
whynot

Finally, some news! If I'd held my breath any longer, my lungs would have atrophied and I'd need to develop gills.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules