Dr. Bijan Feriduni / 41 Year Old Male / 4010 Grafts
FUT performed on a 41 year old Caucasian male with:
- NW Class V
- Donor density of 80 FU/cm²
- Hair diameter of 76 microns
- 1st procedure with 4000 follicular units to reshape the face and fill in the mid head/ crown area
- 2nd procedure with 3500-4000 FU to achieve a higher density rate in the mid head area and cover up the complete crown area
- A medicinal therapy with finasteride to stabilize or prevent further hair loss
Performed procedure (October 4, 2007):
A Follicular Unit Strip Transplantation with 4010 FU
* 1350 single hair FU
* 2140 double hair FU
* 520 triple hair FU
Donor closing in 2mm lower edge Trichophytic Closure Technique (double layer suture);
A combination of parallel (single units) and perpendicular incisions (double and triple units) in custom-sized blades technique (~Cutting Edge blades of 0,75mm – 1,05mm);
Dense packing technique with a density of 60 FU/cm² in hair line and feather zone (single units), a density of 30-50 FU/cm² in density zone (double units) and a density of 20 FU/cm² in the crown area (triple units).
The patient postponed his second procedure until summer 2009 because he was tremendously happy with the result of the first procedure.
I will keep you informed.
Bijan Feriduni, MD
Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
View my IAHRS Profile