Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
speedman

Default Just went on Propecia and having slight testicular pain

I am 30 years old and my hair has started to thin rapidly in the past 1/2 year. I went to my doctor and asked him to prescribe procepia. He was hestitant and told me to use rogaine first. I tried rogaine, but my scalp is too sensitive and it gave me scalp irratation. My doctor then prescribed me procepia. I have been taking propecia for 4 days and I have noticed from day one that I would get mild pain in one of my testicles. It comes and goes throughout the day. I have read various threads in this form stating various side effects start off initially and eventually will go away from continued use or switching use from daily to every other day. I just want to know if anyone had this experience on their use of propecia and what has happened to them in the long run (i.e. it goes away or got worse).
speedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
koold

Default Been Using Proscar for 20 years

I have been using proscar/propecia (Finasteride) for 20 years and experience the same thing (testicular pain) if I use too much. To alleviate this I get a script (much cheaper solution) of Proscar (Finasteride) same exact active ingredient in Propecia and I score/break up a 5 mg tablet of Proscar into 4 tiny pieces and get results without the testicular pain. I asked my urologist about this and he said this should not be a problem.
koold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
Dr. Glenn Charles
IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon

I recommend continuing the medication for a while and see if the symptoms dissipate. If at any time the symptoms are worsening I would discontinue and notify your doctor. If the symptoms continue without and getting better or worse I would consider lowering the dose or going to every other day.
Dr. Glenn Charles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
speedman

Thanks Dr. Charles, I will monitor my symptoms and definitely follow your advise. Thanks koold for letting me know about the option about proscar.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
heynow1234

hey man i had the exact same thing for about the first 7 days and never had it again. Dont worry it will go away, im 10months on now and havent had any sides. good luck
heynow1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
BBradley83

Hey, I've been having the same trouble too. Slight pain in my right testicle after taking Propecia for a few days. Mild but annoying. I know you posted awhile ago but did the pain go away after the first week or two? Thanks\
BBradley83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
speedman

bbradley, it did go away in about a week.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
BBradley83

thanks for getting back to me quickly speedman. have you reacted well to the drug since? and this might be a personal question, but did you ever orgasm when you had the testicular pain or did you wait it out? thanks
BBradley83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
speedman

bbradley, when i had testicular pain the first week i was still able to ejaculate; however, after about a week of taking propecia my semen became watery and stayed that way as long as i took propecia. note, my sex drive and everything else remained the same except for the watery semen. unfortunately, after about two months, i began feeling breast tenderness, so i decided to quit propecia permanently because i was afraid of getting breast lumps. i know that the breast tenderness might have been nothing and gone away eventually, but i decided it was not worth the risk. also, once i quit taking propecia my semen turned back to normal.