Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
The Prestige

Default Could rogaine make my hair worse?

Finally gonna make the plunge into using rogaine (cant take DHT blockers as my T is already low). Is it possible my hair will end up worse off? I'm not talking about the shed, but overall after the shed, can rogaine make me worse off? Also what concerns me is I read "I had a shed, but then my hair came back thicker". How do you know that you're not just back at baseline and just the shed hair came back?
The Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
BigThinker

Doubt it. I went through a massive shed, but it was all weak, miniaturized hairs I was going to lose anyways.

Rogaine *can* make your hair better though, so it's a little silly to not take a shot at that with the potential repercussion of losing hair you were already going to lose - just a little early.
BigThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
The Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
Doubt it. I went through a massive shed, but it was all weak, miniaturized hairs I was going to lose anyways.

Rogaine *can* make your hair better though, so it's a little silly to not take a shot at that with the potential repercussion of losing hair you were already going to lose - just a little early.
So does your hair look better or worse now?
Old 11-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Dan26

If you are a responder it will be great you will buy a lot of time it keeps hairs in anagen phase for much longer

You can run into trouble if you are allergic to minox or any ingrediants in the vehicle and are also not a responder. Scalp irriation can cause shed, alchol vehicle increase pdg2 also...but aslong as your not gettign crazy irriation and in a coupe lmonths u see atleast velus hairs it is a good choice

are you going with liquid or foam?
Dan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
The Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
If you are a responder it will be great you will buy a lot of time it keeps hairs in anagen phase for much longer

You can run into trouble if you are allergic to minox or any ingrediants in the vehicle and are also not a responder. Scalp irriation can cause shed, alchol vehicle increase pdg2 also...but aslong as your not gettign crazy irriation and in a coupe lmonths u see atleast velus hairs it is a good choice

are you going with liquid or foam?
foam
Old 11-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
Dan26

go for it kiddo

again dont expect nothing miraculous...it will simply slow down your MPB and if your lucky youll get a some thickening/regrowth
Old 11-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
The Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
go for it kiddo

again dont expect nothing miraculous...it will simply slow down your MPB and if your lucky youll get a some thickening/regrowth
Does rogaine actually make miniaturized hairs thicker?
Old 11-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Dan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prestige View Post
Does rogaine actually make miniaturized hairs thicker?
ya it can..without an AA tho and DHT doing more damage, may be tough
Old 11-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
macster

Prestige, I am not sure I understand. You WANT to maintain a low T level?

Finasteride RAISES your testosterone levels and dutasteride raises them even more.

Do you want low t levels for some reason?
macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
The Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by macster View Post
Prestige, I am not sure I understand. You WANT to maintain a low T level?

Finasteride RAISES your testosterone levels and dutasteride raises them even more.

Do you want low t levels for some reason?
Not at all I'm going on trt.

I'm in the low 200s should be around 700 at my age, the 10-20% from fin would do nothing.

I've talked to derms, hair transplant doctors, endos, an urologists and all agree I must treat the low T and only after a year could I consider dht blockers. I already have all those horrible fin symptoms like ED and low libido.