Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
The Prestige
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 57
Default Could rogaine make my hair worse?

Finally gonna make the plunge into using rogaine (cant take DHT blockers as my T is already low). Is it possible my hair will end up worse off? I'm not talking about the shed, but overall after the shed, can rogaine make me worse off? Also what concerns me is I read "I had a shed, but then my hair came back thicker". How do you know that you're not just back at baseline and just the shed hair came back?
The Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
BigThinker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,467
Default

Doubt it. I went through a massive shed, but it was all weak, miniaturized hairs I was going to lose anyways.

Rogaine *can* make your hair better though, so it's a little silly to not take a shot at that with the potential repercussion of losing hair you were already going to lose - just a little early.
BigThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
The Prestige
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
Doubt it. I went through a massive shed, but it was all weak, miniaturized hairs I was going to lose anyways.

Rogaine *can* make your hair better though, so it's a little silly to not take a shot at that with the potential repercussion of losing hair you were already going to lose - just a little early.
So does your hair look better or worse now?
The Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Dan26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,119
Default

If you are a responder it will be great you will buy a lot of time it keeps hairs in anagen phase for much longer

You can run into trouble if you are allergic to minox or any ingrediants in the vehicle and are also not a responder. Scalp irriation can cause shed, alchol vehicle increase pdg2 also...but aslong as your not gettign crazy irriation and in a coupe lmonths u see atleast velus hairs it is a good choice

are you going with liquid or foam?
Dan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
The Prestige
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
If you are a responder it will be great you will buy a lot of time it keeps hairs in anagen phase for much longer

You can run into trouble if you are allergic to minox or any ingrediants in the vehicle and are also not a responder. Scalp irriation can cause shed, alchol vehicle increase pdg2 also...but aslong as your not gettign crazy irriation and in a coupe lmonths u see atleast velus hairs it is a good choice

are you going with liquid or foam?
foam
The Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
Dan26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,119
Default

go for it kiddo

again dont expect nothing miraculous...it will simply slow down your MPB and if your lucky youll get a some thickening/regrowth
Dan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
The Prestige
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
go for it kiddo

again dont expect nothing miraculous...it will simply slow down your MPB and if your lucky youll get a some thickening/regrowth
Does rogaine actually make miniaturized hairs thicker?
The Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Dan26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prestige View Post
Does rogaine actually make miniaturized hairs thicker?
ya it can..without an AA tho and DHT doing more damage, may be tough
Dan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
macster
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 54
Default

Prestige, I am not sure I understand. You WANT to maintain a low T level?

Finasteride RAISES your testosterone levels and dutasteride raises them even more.

Do you want low t levels for some reason?
macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
The Prestige
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macster View Post
Prestige, I am not sure I understand. You WANT to maintain a low T level?

Finasteride RAISES your testosterone levels and dutasteride raises them even more.

Do you want low t levels for some reason?
Not at all I'm going on trt.

I'm in the low 200s should be around 700 at my age, the 10-20% from fin would do nothing.

I've talked to derms, hair transplant doctors, endos, an urologists and all agree I must treat the low T and only after a year could I consider dht blockers. I already have all those horrible fin symptoms like ED and low libido.
The Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8 Months on Rogaine and Worse Off Mike2013 Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic 8 07-20-2013 04:13 PM
Does the mirror make it look worse or the camera make it look better? Woodyy Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic 5 05-23-2013 12:10 PM
Can Nizoral make your hair worse? Breaking Bald Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic 6 01-10-2013 01:03 AM
Can propecia make your hairloss worse? sebasmarin Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic 0 03-18-2011 03:32 PM
Will changing my birth control pill make my hair loss worse? megan Ask Geoffrey Redmond 3 12-30-2008 11:11 AM

» The Bald Truth
» Recent Threads
my brother was completely bald at 18, never stopped him
Today 02:24 AM
Last post by jason1001
Today 04:06 AM
propecia online?
03-17-2014 03:15 AM
Last post by jason1001
Today 02:07 AM
» Newest Videos

Update On Hairloss 8/10/09...
My hair loss was getting worse, so I just got it cut really short now. I don't think it looks that b...


Hair Loss Remedy Myths Perpetuated Onlin...
We are sure these people mean well, but this is a prime example of why the snake oil industry thrive...


Hair Transplant | "SurgeonofNalts&q...
http://www.baldtruthtalk.comFounder of The American Hair Loss Association Spencer Kobren speaks with...


How Hair Loss Colors Our Lives | Spencer...
...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 AM.