+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Lots Of Ideas on the Forum: So Crowdfund

Lots of ideas here. Lots of people knowledgable in experimentation.

crowdfund some trials in a foreign land.

Foreign land, building for testing, 6 employees, chems, compensation for testees... could even outsource testing to a third party tester, just design protocal and provide the materials

Honestly one of the most plausible, less expensive ideas is to find someone who is a chemist, there may be a bald brother out there on one of the forums we know or if we can just find someone, hell someone who just graduated, to give us some professional advice/experimentation on 1-2 individuals, maybe himself if he's willing, to tell us or find an appropriate vehicle for CB-03-01.

We tell them the structure and maybe they can give us some advice on how best it can reach the follicle. This is a game changer for everyone who can't take fin right now and is huge for the young guys. Finding a vehicle shouldn't be that hard to figure out for an actual chemist I would think since they probably have an idea of what might work from the outset.

Or maybe pay someone who can show us how to set up an ionophoresis device/traditional vehicle if the chemist thinks that is a viable and safe method (as safe as using CB regularly)

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Honestly one of the most plausible, less expensive ideas is to find someone who is a chemist, there may be a bald brother out there on one of the forums we know or if we can just find someone, hell someone who just graduated, to give us some professional advice/experimentation on 1-2 individuals, maybe himself if he's willing, to tell us or find an appropriate vehicle for CB-03-01.

We tell them the structure and maybe they can give us some advice on how best it can reach the follicle. This is a game changer for everyone who can't take fin right now and is huge for the young guys. Finding a vehicle shouldn't be that hard to figure out for an actual chemist I would think since they probably have an idea of what might work from the outset.

Or maybe pay someone who can show us how to set up an ionophoresis device/traditional vehicle if the chemist thinks that is a viable and safe method (as safe as using CB regularly)
    First real good and workable idea I read in the whole crowdfunding discussion.

We've already got Kane producing CB for us.

Crowdfunding should be set for Aderans to get back on its feet, far better treatment than anything else on the market today.

Total fvcking bullshit how they got their funding pulled. I'm so PISSED.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    We've already got Kane producing CB for us.

Crowdfunding should be set for Aderans to get back on its feet, far better treatment than anything else on the market today.

Total fvcking bullshit how they got their funding pulled. I'm so PISSED.
    I can set up a cutting-edge crowdfunding website in 30 minutes (I have launched a couple before). We just have to think about the scope of the project and what would be the funds for... You help me with the content and I'll help you with the tech...

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    I can set up a cutting-edge crowdfunding website in 30 minutes (I have launched a couple before). We just have to think about the scope of the project and what would be the funds for... You help me with the content and I'll help you with the tech...
    I've touched on a campaign execution like this before;

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...aldwin&page=25

Read the comments between me and Desmond. I'm in advertising/marketing, I could definitely help with a launch like this... and I want to do it. All funds should go to Aderans though.

A seperate website and forum would be a good idea to better organise data and disscussion. There could be seperate forum sections for different project ie. transplant, prp, cell therepy, dermaroller.....

I'm am prototype engineer with a workshop with lathe, cnc mills, 3d printers and such. I could offer prototyping service for any Ideas people might have for new tools or experiments.

I've touched on a campaign execution like this before;

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...aldwin&page=25

Read the comments between me and Desmond. I'm in advertising/marketing, I could definitely help with a launch like this... and I want to do it. All funds should go to Aderans though.
    I see, great convo and also a great idea!... and it is highly doable! In fact I think hairloss industry is the only industry where a crowdfunding initiative hasnt disrupted the market. Just look what is happening:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/05/con...ical-research/
    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...rt-ups-devices

Why can't we do it for Hair Loss?

As I said I can do the tech and design a site that would kick some asses, but as I am not native english speaker I can't help with a polished content, just with the design of the campaign in order to make it successful.

I think the best idea would be to think firstly about the product tiers, what is going to get the people who pledge X amount (priority treatment when research is finished, access to interact with the researchers, etc):
    http://blog.boundforanything.com/201...n-kickstarter/

Secondly, after the product tier is defined, get the funds through a third trusted party. And when we have some big bucks to show to Companies/Researchers, then issue a RFP where the Companies/ResearcherTeams try to convince us (the hairloss community) why their solution is the best and will work...

Imagine what could we achieve if we all the forums unite and get some big millions... I mean, a f*cking watch got $10M. We could easily double that amount...

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    A seperate website and forum would be a good idea to better organise data and disscussion. There could be seperate forum sections for different project ie. transplant, prp, cell therepy, dermaroller.....
    A seperate website including:

- A wiki (all the process must be visible)
    - A new forum
    - A Q&A site stackoverflow style

And all under a catchy domain like: letscurebaldness.com (it is available btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    I see, great convo and also a great idea!... and it is highly doable! In fact I think hairloss industry is the only industry where a crowdfunding initiative hasnt disrupted the market. Just look what is happening:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/05/con...ical-research/
    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...rt-ups-devices

Why can't we do it for Hair Loss?

As I said I can do the tech and design a site that would kick some asses, but as I am not native english speaker I can't help with a polished content, just with the design of the campaign in order to make it successful.

I think the best idea would be to think firstly about the product tiers, what is going to get the people who pledge X amount (priority treatment when research is finished, access to interact with the researchers, etc):
    http://blog.boundforanything.com/201...n-kickstarter/

Secondly, after the product tier is defined, get the funds through a third trusted party. And when we have some big bucks to show to Companies/Researchers, then issue a RFP where the Companies/ResearcherTeams try to convince us (the hairloss community) why their solution is the best and will work...

Imagine what could we achieve if we all the forums unite and get some big millions... I mean, a f*cking watch got $10M. We could easily double that amount...

A seperate website including:

- A wiki (all the process must be visible)
    - A new forum
    - A Q&A site stackoverflow style

And all under a catchy domain like: letscurebaldness.com (it is available btw)
    I'm 100% game on this. Are you capable of doing any PHP work? Perhaps customizing a wordpress site and getting it configured to our needs? I can easily do the design as graphic design is my forte, I could come up with a number of concepts and branding and you could do the technical part of it (Im familiar with php and MySQL, but its not my strongest area). It'd be nice to have a site where we can continually and easily post articles but also maintain something like a directory of all current and future treatments.

I think Aderans should get #1 priority mainly because they have the closest working product for a north american release, which would benefit us most.

I'm 100% game on this. Are you capable of doing any PHP work? Perhaps customizing a wordpress site and getting it configured to our needs? I can easily do the design as graphic design is my forte, I could come up with a number of concepts and branding and you could do the technical part of it (Im familiar with php and MySQL, but its not my strongest area). It'd be nice to have a site where we can continually and easily post articles but also maintain something like a directory of all current and future treatments.

I think Aderans should get #1 priority mainly because they have the closest working product for a north american release, which would benefit us most.
    Not a big fan of PHP but yes, I could do it. But my combat tools are modern web frameworks (Rails, Django, Nodejs, etc...). So I prefer the modern stuff. Anyways, since we would need one, we should set up a blog with wordpress, since it is the preferred blog engine, thats not a problem... For the crowdfunding site I already have re-usable source code for Rails (kickstarter.com itself also uses Rails)...

About the funds going to Aderans... what if we setup the campaign and here in Europe teams like Roland Lauster's team decide to grab the money and start working on a solution for the market?. I wouldnt limit our options to a company/team, at least initially. This can stimulate competitivity... and that's good.

For the directory the best solution is as I said above, a wiki