+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Approximately 900 fue taken from a very small area over 3 procedures as evidenced by the missing hair on as it now appears on a tanned face 8 months post op. I would say by just using my own judgment and eyes the yield was 100%

Ucali, sometimes back hair works out well. So can the hair off your fingers. I bet most of the time these areas will not work well so a laser of these areas is probably fine.

Yes, beard can turn white early on. This can be an issue for some though I think most would prefer to have hair even if it is white. One has to take into account personal differences, Didi. Yes, any graft can be subsequently removed if you don't like it. No, I've not had anyone ask to have the hair removed, yet.

Beard grows fast like scalp hair. Chest does not grow as fast as scalp hair. If you cut the hair on the scalp short after a transplant expect the scalp hair to grow faster than the body hair. The exception appears to be beard hair. I have everyone wet shave the body hair 3 days in advance. The exception is beard hair where i ask them to wet shave one day in advance. This helps me locate anagen hairs or actively growing hairs. Almost all beard hairs are in anagen, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by drcole View Post
    Ucali, sometimes back hair works out well. So can the hair off your fingers. I bet most of the time these areas will not work well so a laser of these areas is probably fine.

Yes, beard can turn white early on. This can be an issue for some though I think most would prefer to have hair even if it is white. One has to take into account personal differences, Didi. Yes, any graft can be subsequently removed if you don't like it. No, I've not had anyone ask to have the hair removed, yet.

Beard grows fast like scalp hair. Chest does not grow as fast as scalp hair. If you cut the hair on the scalp short after a transplant expect the scalp hair to grow faster than the body hair. The exception appears to be beard hair. I have everyone wet shave the body hair 3 days in advance. The exception is beard hair where i ask them to wet shave one day in advance. This helps me locate anagen hairs or actively growing hairs. Almost all beard hairs are in anagen, by the way.

Dr Cole

When are you planning to visit dr Nigam in Mumbai?
    we don't need exact dates

no pressure but better to act sooner , dr Nigam is waiting for you

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Dr Cole

When are you planning to visit dr Nigam in Mumbai?
    we don't need exact dates

no pressure but better to act sooner , dr Nigam is waiting for you
    Please keep this thread on topic.
    Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

I said I was going to post some pictures of what 5000 beard hair grafts (plus around 1000 scalp and 500 nape) look like on a repair patient, so here ya go:

yes, kind of looks silly, and does look like body hair as it is a completely different colour and less settled......

maybe it would help if he died his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by William Yates, MD View Post
    By far beard hair is the best for growth and looks great. Using a .9mm punch or a 1.0mm leave acceptable scars under the chin. We have been able to get an extra 1,000 grafts from a fairly dense beard. I use beard hair as filler, never on the hairline or temples. Beard hair growth is very predictable.
    Dr Yates , how close to the hairline would you use the beard hair as a filler ?

I think that 5000 graft beard hair looks very good. Not sure on the yield would need to see a before picture but looks good overall.

Sausage judging by some of your comments and you being a NW6 I would definitely say that you are not a ht candidate. You would never be pleased with the result so it would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    yes, kind of looks silly, and does look like body hair as it is a completely different colour and less settled......

maybe it would help if he died his hair.
    "Died" his hair? I really hope English is not your first language.

Looks good, you cant tell diff between beard hair and native head hair. I cant tell much about yield. hairline looks natural, not too high, not too low.

your beard must be very similar to your hair