+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Jairus' 2844 FUE with Dr Feriduni

Hi guys, I will be uploading the pics this evening after I get some sleep. It was a punishing 4 days and due to the flight times I am knackered.

I want to talk about my experience first. I arrived early on 02/05/2013, about 7.15. I was greeted by Sophie who informed Dr Feriduni I was at the clinic and sorted me out with a well needed coffee. I met with Dr Feriduni shortly after and within 30 seconds it was like meeting an old friend - we were cracking jokes and having the craic almost immediately. Without a doubt he is the most enthusiastic, welcoming and down to earth man I have ever met. We talked about the transplant side of things first - hairline placement, number of grafts, zones to be treated etc. I then mentioned the Keratene pills and the possibility of finasteride use post op in addition to my minox and nizoral usage. Again there was not even a hint of him pushing finasteride usage or any other medication. Quite simply there was no salesman hidden agenda and it was quite refreshing.

After the requisite head shave and wash, I was introduced to the nurses who would be extracting the grafts. Again they were completely down to earth and every effort was taken to make sure I was comfortable - even the provision of a banana as I had no breakfast due to the early start! 3 hours later I nipped out to grab a sandwich and some fruit provided and then Dr Feriduni made the incisions. Then to finish the day, the nurses placed the grafts as I watched Ice Age 4 - only one in English at the time.

I was knackered at the end of the day but got a nice surprise when I returned to my room - a distinctive Dublin accent emanating from the adjacent room - I went in and introduced myself and we had a laugh about the chances of meeting a fellow Paddy in Hasselt on the same day in the same place!! We both agreed on the professionalism and kind nature of the staff and agreed that we will be recommending Dr Feriduni to close friends on our return.

Shout out to Cristian who went above and beyond the call of duty to provide us with the local Pizza hut phone number and menu - much appreciated after a hard day.

To surmise - I have absolutely no bias or hidden agenda. From the moment I stepped into the clinic reception area, I was treated like a superstar. Every need was attended to. The staff are warm, friendly, professional and dedicated. And it was a pleasure to be worked on by Dr Feriduni. He has no ego issues, no agenda etc. He is simply passionate about his work and this is very evident. Both myself and my Irish friend agreed that if we needed further work in the future, we would be back in Hasselt in a heartbeat.

Pics this evening.

J

Also how long do I have to wait post op until I can use the keratene pills and minox/nizoral again?

Hi Jairus,

Congrats on your surgery and picking an awesome doctor. Your experience sounds similar as mine.

As for keratene pills, I don't see why you can't restart those now. The standard advice is to avoid supplements prior to surgery that might thin the blood, but you're past that stage now.

Minoxidil/Nizoral: I restarted minoxidil a month after surgery, but I decided to play safe. You are probably fine to restart them after 2 weeks if you feel comfortable. Have you considered switching from Nizoral to Regenepure HT & DR? It's more expensive but much better for your skin and hair.

It would be great to see some photos so be sure to upload them!

Sounds excellent, can't wait to see your photos

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hi Jairus,

Congrats on your surgery and picking an awesome doctor. Your experience sounds similar as mine.

As for keratene pills, I don't see why you can't restart those now. The standard advice is to avoid supplements prior to surgery that might thin the blood, but you're past that stage now.

Minoxidil/Nizoral: I restarted minoxidil a month after surgery, but I decided to play safe. You are probably fine to restart them after 2 weeks if you feel comfortable. Have you considered switching from Nizoral to Regenepure HT & DR? It's more expensive but much better for your skin and hair.

It would be great to see some photos so be sure to upload them!

Hey Chris

Yep pretty much a similar experience to yours. Went very smoothly considering the work involved. Ok cool I will start back on them tonight so. I will leave the minox for another week or so. Havent really looked into switching the shampoo - does the Regenepure have keto in it also? I will look into it. We were talking about your graft loss during the post op consultation in relation to the bandana. Dr Feriduni remembers it vividly ha ha. I actually left it off the whole way home! Got a few strange looks but I felt way more comfortable having the grafts in the open air.

Hi Jarius.

I had mine done on Nov 17 2012. Coming up on 6 months. My doc treated me the exact same way I am glad you had a great experience.

I enjoyed the pain meds. I remember that part

Cant wait to see the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hi Jarius.

I had mine done on Nov 17 2012. Coming up on 6 months. My doc treated me the exact same way I am glad you had a great experience.

I enjoyed the pain meds. I remember that part

Cant wait to see the photos.
    Hello Drybone, yeah the pain meds were great. I really struggled to sleep tho in the upright position. Was freaked out I might turn over in my sleep and rub the grafts on the pillow ha

Yeah losing that graft was so stressful! Retrospectively I'd have just traveled without the bandana, but who was to know!

Regenepure has ketoconazole and many other top ingredients for hair, such as saw palmetto, zinc oxide and niacin. It's also worth bearing in mind that Nizoral contains sodium laureth sulfate, which can cause scalp irritation and (ironically) aggravate hair follicles, exacerbating hair loss. Regenepure does not contain sodium laureth sulfate!

One more there