+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Just got my first bottle. Triaminodil is not listed on the ingredient list. Did they drop it from the product?

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Just got my first bottle. Triaminodil is not listed on the ingredient list. Did they drop it from the product?
    Interested in seeing an answer on this. All 3 of my bottles did not contain Triaminodil under the ingredient list. Isn't that ingredient similar to Minoxidil?? Man..wondering why I still get the puffy eye/dark circle issue when I'm only using Minox 1x a day now since starting Cappillogain.

Pyrrolidinyl diaminopyrimidine oxide is Triaminodil, it's still there.

Ah, thanks Dude.

Stay Thick: It's similar but apparently there's so little in it that it shouldn't give you those kind of problems. When are you applying minox? At night right before bed? I recently read that you should apply all of these topicals at least 2 hours before going to bed so they dry and you don't end up getting it on your pillow and your face. I'm not touching minox after the way it messed with my face, and if Cap does the same thing I'll just stick to a DHT inhibitor and wait for better regrowth agents.

Does Cap have some kind of caffeine-like stimulant in it? I didn't sleep well last night after applying it for the first time and I have that caffeine withdrawal feeling this morning (I'm VERY sensitive to caffeine, it literally makes me go crazy with anxiety and irrational fear). If so I'll just apply a lower dose of it in the morning to towel-dry hair, doesn't smell or grease up on the head. Very excited about this stuff.

Just a quick update: have applied this twice in the past 24 hours and must be using way too much because I'm getting pretty bad headaches. Gonna take a day or two off then start back up with much smaller amounts, probably every other day until I'm used to it. Wish I wasn't so god damn sensitive to these meds...

I got a really bad headache yesterday as well which is really unusual for me and I'm one of the ones that had a dubious batch. Makes sense

Ah, thanks Dude.

Stay Thick: It's similar but apparently there's so little in it that it shouldn't give you those kind of problems. When are you applying minox? At night right before bed? I recently read that you should apply all of these topicals at least 2 hours before going to bed so they dry and you don't end up getting it on your pillow and your face. I'm not touching minox after the way it messed with my face, and if Cap does the same thing I'll just stick to a DHT inhibitor and wait for better regrowth agents.

Does Cap have some kind of caffeine-like stimulant in it? I didn't sleep well last night after applying it for the first time and I have that caffeine withdrawal feeling this morning (I'm VERY sensitive to caffeine, it literally makes me go crazy with anxiety and irrational fear). If so I'll just apply a lower dose of it in the morning to towel-dry hair, doesn't smell or grease up on the head. Very excited about this stuff.
    Applying 2 hours before bed makes sense Conpecia. I do notice Capillogain on my pillow after a few days so I can only imagine this creeping on my face in the night. I'm going to start applying a few hours before bed.

As far as it being non greasy..it's definitely very greasy when I use it. I apply it to my hair when dry and it still looks wet and greasy when I'm done. I couldnt use this topical as an AM application which is why I use the foam in the morning.
    I think Minox in general has caused dark rings and puffiness to my face, eyes, and jawline. It's not horrific and I'm currently using elite serum for my eyes. It's unfortunate because I am afraid to dump the Minox because I believe it has maintained and helped with regrowth. It just F's my face up in the process. I swear I sometimes think going bald is a punishment from above.

Just applied a much lower 3rd application. Sides so far after 3 applications:

Warmness in the treatment areas
    Itching in the treatment areas
    Headaches similar to a caffeine headache (had these with Kirkland minox foam but not Rogaine foam)

One of the natural DHT blockers may also be irritating my gyno, as I've been off fin a good 3 weeks but am still experiencing achiness that may have gotten worse the past 3 days, not sure.

At this point I will not continue with this treatment if these sides don't lessen after two weeks. I do expect them to lessen once my head gets adjusted to the dosage.

I will order Keratene tomorrow so hopefully that will maintain my hair until 2015. All I want is regrowth of the hair I lost in 2012 and then maintenance with minimal sides.

Conpecia, you think Keratene is a wise move considering you are very sensitive to DHT inhibitors??

My body goes haywire on FIN so I'm hesitant to try anything that inhibits DHT. Keep me posted your progress once you get on Keratene pills.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Conpecia, you think Keratene is a wise move considering you are very sensitive to DHT inhibitors??

My body goes haywire on FIN so I'm hesitant to try anything that inhibits DHT. Keep me posted your progress once you get on Keratene pills.
    Apparently Keratene doesn't effect estrogen levels, that's what a Keratene employee assured me when I specifically asked about whether Keratene would make my gyno worse.

On a darker note, I cannot take Capillogain. The sides are too intense for me. I had bad headaches, sleeplessness and anxiety during the night due to whatever stimulant is in the mixture (most likely ginseng). I'm an attorney and there's just no way I can function without sleep. Remember that everybody is unique; I'm wildly sensitive to any stimulant, most aren't. I'm not saying it doesn't work, just that I can't take the stuff. The only thing that hasn't given me those headaches is Rogaine foam. I may jump back on that if I can find a proven anti-aging regimen that will combat the skin effects. As of now though, I'll only be taking Keratene. I've realized that the best approach is to first stabilize my loss and then work for regrowth, knowing that I can get a HT if all else fails.