+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thanks for the links. Those are outstanding results and excellent photography. Changing someone's life like that has to be a great feeling and those that concentrate their efforts in that direction should reap the rewards because their heart is in the right place. Do that and the rest just follows in my opinion.

Those results you linked to make me believe all those comments I read over the years regarding fue into scar tissue had more to do with the person extracting being the issue and not so much the scar tissue.

Thanks for the links. Those are outstanding results and excellent photography. Changing someone's life like that has to be a great feeling and those that concentrate their efforts in that direction should reap the rewards because their heart is in the right place. Do that and the rest just follows in my opinion.
    Thanks, Topcat. It really is a great feeling when we see the results from our hard work for patients such as these.

Those results you linked to make me believe all those comments I read over the years regarding fue into scar tissue had more to do with the person extracting being the issue and not so much the scar tissue.
    Bingo, sir. You win the cigar of the day. In my opinion there is no reason why grafts should not grow in scar tissue that has formed from external trauma. I say this because some forms of scarring are due to internal factors such as lichen planopilaris or "scarring alopecia". Packing at a density that is too high can also limit the growth but that is a common issue no matter where you place the grafts, scar tissue or not.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

4th procedure 6 month update

Something I would not have done before even though I always did my best not to let my situation affect my choices in life in the recent past would be compete in a full powerlifting meet. Normally I would have stuck with just a one lift meet if something came along. The reason being is that for the bench press the judge giving you the press command after the bar is motionless is about 20 inches from the top of your head waiting for the bar to become motionless. Well of course having someone this close to the top of your head would have given me kind of twinge in the past…………….lol…………….but now I feel very comfortable. Looking forward to a big state meet coming in a few days………….just love the adrenaline rush of competing in front of a crowd, really gets me going.

This is with just a small spritz of concealer and the result is being very comfortable in my skin.

This is with just a small spritz of concealer and the result is being very comfortable in my skin.

That is what it is all about, Topcat. Congratulations and good luck at the meet.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Thank you

4th procedure 7 months. I have cut the hairs on top much shorter which was kind of my goal to get away for the giant long strands of hair coming from the left side of the part and too much of a comb over look. The growth so far in the extended forelock area has allowed me to do this giving my hair a more layered looks while use a spritz of concealer.

Might not look like much of difference especially with the shorter hairs as the change is very subtle. No more 3 inch strands of hair on top.

4th procedure 8 months. The wife commented twice this week about my hair once outside in the Sun and once inside…………..not that it matters but thought I would mention it. The hair must be getting thicker as her comments are just out of amazement. She also commented on how good the kinky and curly grey hairs look and I would have to agree………….I know many have issues with newly transplanted hairs when they first start to grow out as they can be kinky but it works really well for me.

Topcat, you've really come a long way in the last year, big time congratulations, looks a 100% better already....!!!

And the extraction points, well they're invisible.....!!!

Thanks Inspects…………………..it just keeps getting better over time. A slow, steady and consistent approach seems to be the best plan for many things in life and this would definitely be one of them. I would encourage most young guys to slow down and if they do have a sensible plan for hair transplantation that works for the long term and works on paper first then start out very, very small. Less chance for mistakes and one can always change their mind with very little damage being done.

I would also suggest going with FUE/small hand punch or FUT depending on how much hair you want to have as long as one understands the tradeoffs. Go with whom you believe to be absolutely the best nothing else matters and being the best requires several traits.

I sincerely believe Dr. Bisanaga was just born to perform the FUE procedure and hair transplantation in general. Not only does he possess the hand/eye skill but he is an ethical family man. Outside of that he is very easy going and a very relaxed type of person. I have yet to see a video where he is going for some type of record in procedure size or speed of extraction. He works at a very relaxed deliberate pace and when you are on a team that is the type of person you want to be leading the team. I know because I have worked on many different work teams over life and the best memories and work results were with a very relaxed highly skilled team, it just clicks. I don’t know this for a fact but I tend to believe the hair transplant industry chose him and he did not choose the industry and that is huge, just my opinion.

If someone asks me I always tell them to go to who they believe is the best and here are some of the things to look for which include some of the points above. For instance how many young guys care if the doctor is a family man………………….it matters just as many other traits matter that most young guys are not going to consider.

One other thing I have learned in life and I know very well it’s just that I have never applied it to hair transplantation when I was young……………just lack of information. Do it right the first time no matter what it takes. Anyone that has worked behind someone who does half assed work knows exactly what I mean. Take the time and do it right. A perfect example would be scar repair. Address the scar first and make it as perfect as possible whatever that takes lasers, etc. Then plant into the area with fue, doesn’t mean it will turn out perfect and it will take much, much longer and require much more patience but it’s a better long term plan. Anyone who does not have patience should not consider hair transplantation. It is a very long process and my own thread is a good example of just how long it can all take depending on the circumstances.

Thank you for the comments. To many it might appear that I am posting the same photo over and over but hair transplantation is a very long process most especially when beard and body hair is needed.

With small amount of concealer