8th World Congress For Hair Research - Korea (2014) - Page 8 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    The more I look at number 4 the more I think that it could be very interesting. If they can turn regular skin fibroblasts into hair-inducing dermal papilla cells this could be very big.
    LOL you're finally getting it Jarjar Personally I'm most interested in nr 2, the one from Gardner, as he is a member of Jahoda's group and I'd love to hear where they stand. But all the other's are extremely interesting too.

I see above that you claim that I said that there will be a treatment released ready for the clinic ? I never said that not sure why you claim that ? Even if a cure where released right now, it would still need to to through 6-8 years of clinical trials. And I dont even think such a preclinical cure will be presented. BUT these presentations surely will give us a better idea of how close we really are and what problems (if any) still need to be overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    LOL you're finally getting it Jarjar Personally I'm most interested in nr 2, the one from Gardner, as he is a member of Jahoda's group and I'd love to hear where they stand. But all the other's are extremely interesting too.

I see above that you claim that I said that there will be a treatment released ready for the clinic ? I never said that not sure why you claim that ? Even if a cure where released right now, it would still need to to through 6-8 years of clinical trials. And I dont even think such a preclinical cure will be presented. BUT these presentations surely will give us a better idea of how close we really are and what problems (if any) still need to be overcome.
    I said I believe that #2 looks interesting; I did not say they have advanced this idea to the point of attempting clinical trials yet. They may have but nothing in the abstract titles indicates that they have completed pre-clinical
    science yet.

You said that they are ready for clinical trials with some of these 2014 hair loss congress titled technologies, which mean that you are saying they are at the point where they have a treatment that could possibly be marketed and they just have to prove that it's safe and effective.

I think you're jumping the gun. Just because they are doing studies regards to these ideas does not mean that they have advanced to the point of clinical testing yet.

You said that they are ready for clinical trials with some of these 2014 hair loss congress titled technologies,
    Oh really. Then please do quote me dear JarJar ! Please show me the post where I said that.

which mean that you are saying they are at the point where they have a treatment that could possibly be marketed
    You don't seem to understand that clinical trials take 6-8 years dear Jarjarbinx. So even if they DID present a cure, that would still be 6-8 years from being marketable. And again, I never even said they were at the point they were ready for trials, quite the contrary. I do think though, that the best case scenario is that they are there now (a preclinical cure). It's not impossible. But how likely ? Who knows ... That's what Desmond needs to find out !

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Oh really. Then please do quote me dear JarJar ! Please show me the post where I said that.

You don't seem to understand that clinical trials take 6-8 years dear Jarjarbinx. So even if they DID present a cure, that would still be 6-8 years from being marketable. And again, I never even said they were at the point they were ready for trials, quite the contrary. I do think though, that the best case scenario is that they are there now (a preclinical cure). It's not impossible. But how likely ? Who knows ... That's what Desmond needs to find out !

Here's a quote by you earlier in this very thread:

"I think people should just forget about those companies (replicel, aderans, histogen). They proven of no use. Others cracked it and others will bring it to market."

And this is just one of your posts indicating that the researchers already have a viable cure. When this thread first started you clearly believed the code had been cracked and that researchers already have a cure that just needs to be gotten through the clinical studies so it could get it to market.

I hope you're right but I'm not sure if that is the case yet. I think they've made progress above and beyond Jahoda's results but we don't know how much progress they've made yet. We will know soon.

And Arishi, I don't have anything against you. I think you're a good guy at heart. I appreciate your input and I think that you add important details to all of the discussions you're involved with. I just think that once you come to a conclusion it's very hard to get you to open your mind to the possibility that you could be wrong. And then when someone gets you to see that you could be mistaken you don't simply state that you were mistaken and move on. Instead you go into denial.

What's so hard about just saying, "You know Jar Jar, you're right I did jump the gun a little, but it's pretty clear they're making some progress since Jahoda and we can all hope that the progress is sufficient to give us what we want."

Arishi when I'm mistaken I just simply say, "oops I stand corrected" and then I move on.

Default Clinical trials

Thanks Desmond84 for the info, I'm looking at my schedule as I'm thinking of going to this Congress now just to see first hand what clinical trials are presented, as you said it looks very exciting.

Arishi when I'm mistaken I just simply say, "oops I stand corrected" and then I move on.
    Well let's see about that. You claimed in this post:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...6&postcount=69 that I had said they had a cure ready for the clinic right now. Yet you now seem to understand that I did not say that at all. So where's that "oops I stand corrected" now ?

Quote Originally Posted by BBay View Post
    Thanks Desmond84 for the info, I'm looking at my schedule as I'm thinking of going to this Congress now just to see first hand what clinical trials are presented, as you said it looks very exciting.
    Are you in South Korea??

Does anyone know if they will be showing research for products to come out in the near future? I remember last year they showed that topical Finasteride that worked really well, but I do not know whatever happened to it.

??

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Does anyone know if they will be showing research for products to come out in the near future? I remember last year they showed that topical Finasteride that worked really well, but I do not know whatever happened to it.
    Flip through all the presentations here:

http://www.hair2014.org/contents.asp...iled%20Program

That's a detailed look at all of them.