+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

Post Pharma’s 4 Best Shots at a Cure for Baldness

Here’s a summary of recent progress into age-related male alopecia, and each product’s commercial prospects, ranked in order of closeness to launch:

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busine...-baldness/7047

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Here’s a summary of recent progress into age-related male alopecia, and each product’s commercial prospects, ranked in order of closeness to launch:

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busine...-baldness/7047
    Well that mother****er didn't really make me feel too good with his PROS/CONS hahaha

... Fml.

*Jumps off bridge*

Ok, after the emotional downtrodden feeling has subsided... going through his article again and I feel that all of his information is either incomplete or inaccurate. There's also seems to be a strong sentiment that none of these new products will be effective or around anytime soon. The conspiracy theorist in me believes that this guy was "influenced" by those wreaking in the benefits in either the HT fields or the pharma companies with already established products.

I've seen histogen results... way better than that article makes it sound, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    Ok, after the emotional downtrodden feeling has subsided... going through his article again and I feel that all of his information is either incomplete or inaccurate. There's also seems to be a strong sentiment that none of these new products will be effective or around anytime soon. The conspiracy theorist in me believes that this guy was "influenced" by those wreaking in the benefits in either the HT fields or the pharma companies with already established products.
    Yeah i was just joking. I mean as far as the new discovery about the scalp cells, I'm sure nothing is going to come out anytime soon on that shit, but that may be the one that might save us all from being bald forever. The rest seem to be promising in helping with hair loss at least. You notice how he writes PROS/CONS and really didn't say much about the PRO'S??? It was really all Con's and he also states that Histogen is in Court battle but i thought, they are passed that already> They were able to get the funding to start the trials on Histogen, so what was that idiot talking about? Hopefully he is just another Idiot who know nothing about any of this. He makes it seem as if he was actually part of all the trials from each company and he witnessed it with his own eyes. Article didn't seem legit. Hopefully he is DEAD WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Yeah i was just joking. I mean as far as the new discovery about the scalp cells, I'm sure nothing is going to come out anytime soon on that shit, but that may be the one that might save us all from being bald forever. The rest seem to be promising in helping with hair loss at least. You notice how he writes PROS/CONS and really didn't say much about the PRO'S??? It was really all Con's and he also states that Histogen is in Court battle but i thought, they are passed that already> They were able to get the funding to start the trials on Histogen, so what was that idiot talking about? Hopefully he is just another Idiot who know nothing about any of this. He makes it seem as if he was actually part of all the trials from each company and he witnessed it with his own eyes. Article didn't seem legit. Hopefully he is DEAD WRONG.
    In regards to Histogen, he was wrong and very misleading. I do not know if Histogen is past the lawsuit, however to my knowledge it did not have anything to do with the HSC that they have been working on for hair restoration. It deals with another product of theirs and how he wrote it in his article made it sound as if it was the HSC that's in question. If I recall correctly, Histogen did receive funding from a group recently and well after the news of a lawsuit was publicly known. Third, the pictures he shows are those from the safety trials, they were not published to illustrate the efficacy of the product. Histogen has said this and they believed with additional shots of HSC into the scalp, the results would be much greater. Just from what he said about Histogen, I believe he loses all credibility regarding the other products as well.

The only thing I really had hope for was histogen anyway, and he didn't say anything in particular to detract from their viability so... Also, as for the comment about the Egyptians - most (if not all) major breakthroughs in medical/cosmetic science in the last 100 years have been for things that have been around for over a thousand years and that have been an issue for people for over a thousand years.. what the hell is his point?

That being said, this hair business is a tough nut to crack - can they do it within the next 10 years? There needs to be a step up from propecia in the next 5 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    Thinfast, have you ever considered having a hair transplant? I keep thinking about your situation but i feel there is still much more we can do. Even if you are going bald rapidly, I'm sure it will be at least 3-5 more years before you go completely bald from the top and even later if you continue to progress to a NW7. Aderans, Histogen, etc, will surely come around before another decade. Even if you decide to shave your head like before, you will definitely still have the grey shadow of hair on the scalp, even if it seems that you lost it completely. I know guys that practically bald with thin hair but as long as you still have hair on top and the sides and some on the crown, it will not look bad at all. Plus you shaved before, so what's the problem. You will at least know that it wont be too long before you get it back. Plus you can still get that transplant if you are interested. What you think?