+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default age 24 and at NW4

Hey guys I will be 24 in a few months and already at nw4 . Iv been losing my hair since i was a teenager, once I hit 21 it started falling out REALLY FAST in only 3 years I went from NW2 and now im at NW4. Iv been reading alot of other guys sories on here and i truly feel for them going bald at a young age SUCKS hard. It didnt bother me as much in the past because i had a beautiful loving girlfriend that didnt care how i looked with or without hair. After 4 years being with her i'm now left heart broken, 23 years old and i look 40 .

Can i still save my hair? i havent tried any treatments for my hair and im worried that its to late??? iv been hearing alot about this fin, propecia, minox

any comments,help much appreciated!

I posted a few pics of my hair
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0245.jpg

Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	15731   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0254.jpg

Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	15732   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0255.jpg

Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	15733  

It's not too late to keep what you have, but have realistic expectations about the possibilities of regrowth. You're probably not going to become a NW2 if you're on the big 3. I'm not saying it's impossible but likely you would just maintain and maybe grow some. I've seen some amazing results that show otherwise but those are the exception rather than the rule.

If you want to keep your hair your best bet is fin, minx, and nizoral shampoo (the last one twice a week). Keep in mind, results are likely but not guaranteed.

Also with fin there are serious side effects, including possibly permanent sexual side effects, that must be considered before taking the drug. According to the manufacturer they only occur in about 2% of men but I suspect the percentage to be higher. Taking the drug is a decision YOU need to make.

Thanks for the reply mate! Ild love to just to maintain my hair and most liktly i will look into a hair transplant later on in the years. ill do a little research into thoes products and most likely give them a go. the sexual side effect im going to look into, bit scary on that one haha.

No problem. I'm not saying you'll get the side effects, but you should look into them and make an informed decision.

I would call that NW3, not NW4.

Would you know which percentages i would need ? i just brought Minoxidil 5% online and would i go with the 1% or 2% for the nizoral shampoo? Also finasteride and propecia is the same drug just different names? As for the sexual side effects I'm going to cross my fingers and take the risk

For the nizoral shampoo 1% should be fine.

Yes, finasteride and propecia are the same. Propecia is the brand name for the drug finasteride.

too easy, thanks again mate

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningB420 View Post
    It's not too late to keep what you have, but have realistic expectations about the possibilities of regrowth. You're probably not going to become a NW2 if you're on the big 3. I'm not saying it's impossible but likely you would just maintain and maybe grow some. I've seen some amazing results that show otherwise but those are the exception rather than the rule.

If you want to keep your hair your best bet is fin, minx, and nizoral shampoo (the last one twice a week). Keep in mind, results are likely but not guaranteed.

Also with fin there are serious side effects, including possibly permanent sexual side effects, that must be considered before taking the drug. According to the manufacturer they only occur in about 2% of men but I suspect the percentage to be higher. Taking the drug is a decision YOU need to make.
    Great post, informative, accurate +1

Hi chevapi,

You don't look like a Norwood IV. You look like a Norwood IIIv to me. Either way you are still treatable and at your young age the possibility of growing back some of what you have lost is very good. You probably won't be able to regrow your lost hair line but you can prevent further loss and strengthen your vertex and mid-anterior. You can learn about treatments that work by talking to your doctor and reading the information available at The American Hair Loss Association.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/men_hair_loss/