X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJacobs152
    • May 2011

Originally posted by Ted
    I got very disappointed from the pics.
    The first pic of the woman are overexposed probably taken with a flash. In the same lightning conditions the hair would probably look exactly the same.

The first pic of the man have his hairs brushed to the sides to reveal the thin areas, whereas in the second pic the hair is brushed to cover the thin areas.

I really high hope for Histogen but these pics have made me loose all trust in them.
    This ****ing industry stinks!

Edit. The angels are also different in the pics which makes the hair look thicker
    Lets dissect this a bit. Before anybody thinks I'm somebody that's getting paid by Histogen, or a worker for Histogen, can look up my previous posts. You can see I'm a fairly avid poster on the forum here.

You mention the female hair and flash in the picture. Yes, that is true, but your logic is reversed. If you look on H&W's website on how to take proper pictures to see improvements or change in hair, they mention NOT to use flash, as flash actually makes the hair look more dense/full, giving a false appearance. Additionally, if you look at the female's before pic - you can see a characteristic dumbbell shaped pattern of hair loss. Starting from the top the diameter is large, constricts towards the middle, and finally the diameter increases towards the bottom of the picture. In the after picture, you see a consistent constricted area of loss, only indicating - the treatment worked on the two larger diameter areas. Additionally, to make my argument even stronger, you can see in the before picture there are two faint black circles demarcating the areas with the increased diameter of hair loss.

As for your argument on the male individual - You are wrong again. Look at the wavy distinctive hair pattern running from his forehead to the back of his head. All the strands are running in a consistent parallel fashion. Where on God's green planet, do you see his hair combed over to show the thinning, or combed over to cover the thinning?

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Ted
      Can you give us some source for this? They are clinical trials and I thought they had to be done with outside jurisdiction.

I have used trx2 for 1.5 years and it has saved my hair better than finasteride did. On regrowth though. Only thing I got regrowth from was minoxidil and that was in the temples.
      ****s sake stop boring us with your garbage TRX2 rubbish - all we've heard about all year is TRX2 TRX2 TRX2 - some of us have been waiting all year for this news and you're here trying to compare an actual clinical trial to the work of some phd nut student from Oxford trying to release a vitamin tablet to cure hair loss.

Apples & oranges - wnt proteins/ genetic engineering compared to a compound found in your daily shopping list. Get out of here troll.

Comment

• JJacobs152
        • May 2011

Just to make you feel better Ted, there are currently 8-9 active members currently viewing/posting in this thread, AT THIS VERY MOMENT. 8 of those people see changes in the after result pictures which Histogen provided, whereas the 9th person doesn't see any change in the after pictures. I hope you understand the point I'm making behind this post.

Comment

• amibald
          • Sep 2012

So this is good news??? My worry is that i'm 18 and by the time I can afford this- 5-6 years- i'll be a baldie!

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by amibald
            So this is good news??? My worry is that i'm 18 and by the time I can afford this- 5-6 years- i'll be a baldie!
            Histogen + Gho + HT.

That is the route your should go down.

Comment

• garethbale
              • Apr 2012

I have to say, the picture of the guy is disappointing. It does look as though in the first pic his hair on top has been combed down over the sides, and in the second pic his hair has been pushed up.

I really hope their numbers are accurate

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Ted
                If you believe in the numbers you should also believe in trx2's numbers that claim 50% (if I remember correct) increase after 18 months.
                You can't compare the two.

I dont ever remember TRX2 going through clinical trials and besides:

clear regrowth by histogen

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by garethbale
                  I have to say, the picture of the guy is disappointing. It does look as though in the first pic his hair on top has been comped down over the sides, and in the second pic his hair has been pushed up.

I really hope their numbers are accurate
                  I think you and Ted are looking at the wrong thing.

Histogen doesn't seem to regrow hair in bald slick areas, rather it is just REALLY REALLY good at thickening up thinning hair.

Which in both photos is evident.

Sadly, I dont think this treatment will work on a NW7.

Ironically, I find it funny how histogen is so fast with their progress, whereas aderans isnt.

Comment

• Ted
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by JJacobs152
                    Lets dissect this a bit. Before anybody thinks I'm somebody that's getting paid by Histogen, or a worker for Histogen, can look up my previous posts. You can see I'm a fairly avid poster on the forum here.

You mention the female hair and flash in the picture. Yes, that is true, but your logic is reversed. If you look on H&W's website on how to take proper pictures to see improvements or change in hair, they mention NOT to use flash, as flash actually makes the hair look more dense/full, giving a false appearance. Additionally, if you look at the female's before pic - you can see a characteristic dumbbell shaped pattern of hair loss. Starting from the top the diameter is large, constricts towards the middle, and finally the diameter increases towards the bottom of the picture. In the after picture, you see a consistent constricted area of loss, only indicating - the treatment worked on the two larger diameter areas. Additionally, to make my argument even stronger, you can see in the before picture there are two faint black circles demarcating the areas with the increased diameter of hair loss.

As for your argument on the male individual - You are wrong again. Look at the wavy distinctive hair pattern running from his forehead to the back of his head. All the strands are running in a consistent parallel fashion. Where on God's green planet, do you see his hair combed over to show the thinning, or combed over to cover the thinning?
                    If you cant see the difference in hair styling I think your just seeing what you want too see. When I get more time I can circle the hairs for you.

And if you think flash will give a thicker look try to take pics of your on hair and compare.
                    Even if it somehow gave you a thicker look (never happened to me) why on earth cant Histogen just use the same lightning conditions? This is not professional.

I hope the subjects will get more hair with time but for now I am very dissapointed

Comment

• Ted
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                      You can't compare the two.

I dont ever remember TRX2 going through clinical trials and besides:

clear regrowth by histogen
                      Yea those results gave me hope thats why I got so disappointed now

Comment

• JJacobs152
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Ted
                        If you cant see the difference in hair styling I think your just seeing what you want too see. When I get more time I can circle the hairs for you.

And if you think flash will give a thicker look try to take pics of your on hair and compare.
                        Even if it somehow gave you a thicker look (never happened to me) why on earth cant Histogen just use the same lightning conditions? This is not professional.

I hope the subjects will get more hair with time but for now I am very dissapointed

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                          I think you and Ted are looking at the wrong thing.

Histogen doesn't seem to regrow hair in bald slick areas, rather it is just REALLY REALLY good at thickening up thinning hair.

Which in both photos is evident.

Sadly, I dont think this treatment will work on a NW7.

Ironically, I find it funny how histogen is so fast with their progress, whereas aderans isnt.
                          That alone is fantastic though, as well as clear reversal of vellus hairs which isnt guarenteed by any current product.

a guy in the beginning stages of hairloss will be able to halt and reverse it with a product like this(+ maybe fin).

I'm not sure if it addressed the slick bald spot thing.

Comment

• Ted
                            • May 2011

You look like a girl

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by rdawg
                              That alone is fantastic though, as well as clear reversal of vellus hairs which isnt guarenteed by any current product.

a guy in the beginning stages of hairloss will be able to halt and reverse it with a product like this(+ maybe fin).

I'm not sure if it addressed the slick bald spot thing.
                              I agree.

Latisse are going to release their own product soon, so I don't even think you will need to use fin.

If your hair is thinning use latisse the maintain, and or go to histogen for a top up.

Thinning hair takes a while to go slick bald, 6-7 months. My work colleague developed thinning hair in his crown 2 years ago, he still hasn't got a bald spot.

One thing for sure - neither patient LOST hair in the photos. As for maintainence goes, this works.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Is this Dr. Gail Naughton who regularly used her perfectly working "ExCeltrixTM" product?

Comment

Working...