+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A word that annoys me 'Vanity'

I regularly read news articles online and most have the option to leave comments....

What really annoys me is when people write comments saying people should not be so vain when it comes to hairloss. Its obviously not just people commenting on this subject on certain websites, obviously a lot of people feel its vain to worry about hairloss and get hair transplants, take medications to try to cure it.

I bet these people have full heads of hair. I just feel its such an ignorant and unsympathetic response to what can be a debilitating disease.

If I had a magic wand and said to them FINE, YOU WILL START LOSING YOUR HAIR TOMORROW. Would they care. I am sure they would! If they were told at 16 years old they were going to start losing their hair they would not care? BOLLOX!!!!!

Everyone (well almost) cares about how they look and hairloss significantly changes the way you look and how others perceive you. Its not just the feelings you have about hairloss its the general negative perception of others. The bullying is exhausting enough as it is.

The word 'Vanity' and hairloss should not be used in the same sentence. People use it against you like its a negative thing.

Vanity is only a problem when people become overly arrogant about the way they look.

ignore them...they would cry for years if they lost their hair.

some of us were like them at some point...they think they will never lose hair...but at least half of them will at some point.

Inactive

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    What really annoys me is when people write comments saying people should not be so vain when it comes to hairloss. Its obviously not just people commenting on this subject on certain websites, obviously a lot of people feel its vain to worry about hairloss and get hair transplants, take medications to try to cure it.
    Really. Plenty of people (both male and female) spend thousands of dollars on cosmetic dentistry, yet I never hear such people described as "vain." Why should hair be considered differently?

If I look at it from another view....Breast Implants. I can only understand people getting breast implants if they have very small/non-existent breasts as that would cause someone to be insecure. But when someone that already has decent sized breasts gets implants I think that is going too far as I think that has nothing to do with insecurities. You can call that vain. I think some girls do that to become glamour models or to get more attention from guys. NOTHING to do with insecurities.

But when someone worry's or feels like they need to do something about their appearance because of insecurities then you should never call them Vain.

I suppose I don't think women should get implants that have small breasts as I am very comfortable with small tits, I would prefer small boobs to fake boobs but I would not call someone vain for getting them done if it was to make them feel better about themselves.

I am guessing that some of these people that make these 'vain' comments could be women that are quite happy or comfortable with bald men like I am quite happy being with a girl with small boobs. I guess they don't see why men should worry or waste money on treatments. But again calling us baldies vain is wrong and they should think before saying so.

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    But when someone worry's or feels like they need to do something about their appearance because of insecurities then you should never call them Vain.
    Exactly. Being concerned about your appearance and wanting to look your best isn't vanity; it's ordinary human nature. Being obsessed with your looks is vanity.

Let me begin with saying **** people. But yeah, it gets me mad too when I hear garbage like that, or when they say it's "just hair".... And yeah, the vast majority of people who say stupid stuff like this have full heads of hair. But I guarantee you if they were the ones losing their hair they'd be jumping off bridges and they'd be as miserable as we are if not even more so.

I think if there's one elective surgery or treatment that should NEVER be seen as "vain" it IS hair transplantation and the treatment of hair loss. In fact, I do believe it is far from being a cosmetic or elective surgery it IS a medical necessity to many of us. I'm sure most of us here KNOW the damage this god damn curse has done to our lives and we all know the amount of tremendous suffering that we go through every minute of our lives. That's why I believe HT should be covered by insurance because like I said there are many of us here who have severe depression and anxiety because of our hair loss and just about every aspect of our lives has been affected by this curse.

Another thing, every single human being -unless someone is retarded or a drug addict- WANTS to look good. Looking good makes you feel good and I haven't the slightest doubt about that. What I find weird is accepting your baldness and not doing anything about it -or at least trying. Having that bald hairless spot where there used to be hair is just weird and ugly and I don't think doing anything one can to avoid that look should be seen as "vain".

The hypocrisy of people is beyond me. Every single one of us wants too look younger and people do all kinds of things (dyeing hair, breast implants, face lift, and let's not forget the endless hours at the gym lifting weights...) to keep their youthful looks yet doing something about your hair loss is vain somehow.
    So, I conclude by saying, again, **** people.

Exactly, **** those people.

I just had to get it off my chest and I am sure I will continue to see these 'vain' comments on any article relating to hairloss in which dumbass's can post.

Scorpion

If you don't care about your fading looks, then there is some serious mental problem with you.

It's absolutely normal to be suicidal if you do not look like a male model.

95% of women want to **** about 5% of guys, which funnily enough are the male model types with heads full of hair.

If you aren't in that percentile, it would be dumb not to try to fix the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

It's absolutely normal to be suicidal if you do not look like a male model.
    It's not

Seek help

Like Im trying to do .I think we have OCD ( Obsessive Compilsive Disorder )

Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    It's not

Seek help

Like Im trying to do .I think we have OCD ( Obsessive Compilsive Disorder )
    I'm seeking help. Currently the help I need is:
    - way to become model looking;
    - way to get full head of hair.

That is the help I need.

Too bad I can't find it.