Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK Boy
    • Apr 2011

Nitric Oxide Gel for Promoting Hair Growth

There's a clinical study being done on this at the moment. Hadn't heard of this before, has it been dicussed?

• Cory
    • Jun 2011

So they will end phase 2 in april 2012, if it works when it would be available, they could market it as cosmetics and release it right away.

Comment

• UK Boy
      • Apr 2011

It would appear so as each phase is 24 weeks. That's why I don't get why no one else has commented on this thread, it's a possible new treatment that could be out before Histogen etc. yet no one seems interested. Weird.

Comment

• Mojo Risin
        • Mar 2011

Nobody commented because it's just another treatment being used on mice. We have no pictures, we have nothing. It's probably another BS product like Astressin-B.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK Boy
          There's a clinical study being done on this at the moment. Hadn't heard of this before, has it been dicussed?

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...opecia&rank=27
          Good find mate

Comment

• UK Boy
            • Apr 2011

Mojo didn't you read the study details? This is about a study on humans not mice - 60 human patients and it was supposed to have started in May with primary results to come next April.

Trials on mice etc. have already been done and have shown "structural changes in the skin of mammals to increase the number of hair follicles, follicle stem cell development and regeneration as well as hair shaft elongation, and accelerated hair growth rate". I know there's no proof that the effects will be the same in humans but it's certainly encouring to know that there's another path that is being explored.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
              • Apr 2011

Sounds interesting. So when do the trials start ? I don't know. This is like the one millionth and one product that seems to work on mice. It looks like everything works on mice but the same, unfortunately, cannot be said about humans. Only if we were as lucky as mice.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

New hair follicles with Nitric Oxide?

..... okay!

Comment

• whynot
                  • May 2010

Hey, it wouldn't surprise me. Now that Follica seems to be going ahead with a Lithium gel to stimulate WNT pathways, the doors to more bizarre treatments are wide open.

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by whynot
                    Hey, it wouldn't surprise me. Now that Follica seems to be going ahead with a Lithium gel to stimulate WNT pathways, the doors to more bizarre treatments are wide open.
                    Yeah... why not?

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by whynot
                      After reading this article your comment seems right on the money.

Check out in particular the last sentence of the abstract.

The free radical nitric oxide, generated by different types of epidermal and dermal cells, has been identified as an important mediator in various physiological and pathophysiological processes of the skin, such as regulation of blood flow, melanogenesis, wound healing, and hyperproliferative skin d …

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
                        Sounds interesting. So when do the trials start ? I don't know. This is like the one millionth and one product that seems to work on mice. It looks like everything works on mice but the same, unfortunately, cannot be said about humans. Only if we were as lucky as mice.
                        Must be good living in the mouse world. There are probably no mice with MPB since every hair loss treatment works on them, even TRX2. They probably have their own hair loss forum where they ridicule us because nothing really works on us. When you see a mouse, he was probably just trying to take pics of you to post it on a mouse hair loss forum to make fun you with his other mouse friends who have a full head of hair.

Comment

• Mr. 4000
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                          Must be good living in the mouse world. There are probably no mice with MPB since every hair loss treatment works on them, even TRX2. They probably have their own hair loss forum where they ridicule us because nothing really works on us. When you see a mouse, he was probably just trying to take pics of you to post it on a mouse hair loss forum to make fun you with his other mouse friends who have a full head of hair.
                          exactly!

these companies are a joke like some doctors too.

NO gel? made of what L-Arginine an amino acid, ok I have been using it for awhile and it does NADA!

Good luck ripping people off

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Mr. 4000
                            exactly!

these companies are a joke like some doctors too.

NO gel? made of what L-Arginine an amino acid, ok I have been using it for awhile and it does NADA!

Good luck ripping people off
                            Lol aren't these bodybuilding supplements that bodybuilders all over the world take on a daily basis, and they still go bald? I have an account in bodybuilding dot com and i'm pretty sure i've seen all of these supplements you mentioned there.

Next they will try to sell Creatine Monohydrate gel, to regrow hair.

Comment

• Mr. 4000
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                              Lol aren't these bodybuilding supplements that bodybuilders all over the world take on a daily basis, and they still go bald? I have an account in bodybuilding dot com and i'm pretty sure i've seen all of these supplements you mentioned there.

Next they will try to sell Creatine Monohydrate gel, to regrow hair.
                              LOL

Creatine Monohydrate - it brings oxygen transported through the blood to the hair shaft and the hair becomes stronger, lol

what a joke!!!!

Scam artist are everywhere,

Comment

Working...