+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    7 months in. No changes for better or worse really.
    I tried fin twice. Slowed down or halted hairloss at best. Now I'm on dut, 5 to 6 months in and started to get comments about my hair regrowth

Hello guys,

I forgot to update at the end of March.

My hairline and temples points in particular continue to get hit. I also think I have increased miniaturization on my hairline. It's the situation when I go to pull back my forelock and I can't "grab" all the hair and some of it flops back forward because it is too short to grab in the very front (every guy experiencing hair loss knows what I'm talking about).

Although I must mention that it is still slow. It's not like my hairline has been radically "wrecked," or anything by fin.

So 8.5 months in my hairline and temples are definitely worse than when I started last August. I don't think there has been any perceptible change to my crown, good or bad.

I also continue to have no sides.

How are things going now?
    I got fin just for my hairline as it is maturing. A tad.

Hello guys,

I forgot to update at the end of March.

My hairline and temples points in particular continue to get hit. I also think I have increased miniaturization on my hairline. It's the situation when I go to pull back my forelock and I can't "grab" all the hair and some of it flops back forward because it is too short to grab in the very front (every guy experiencing hair loss knows what I'm talking about).

Although I must mention that it is still slow. It's not like my hairline has been radically "wrecked," or anything by fin.

So 8.5 months in my hairline and temples are definitely worse than when I started last August. I don't think there has been any perceptible change to my crown, good or bad.

I also continue to have no sides.
    I am in a very similar position to you. I've been taking 1.25mg Proscar daily for 6 months and have had no success.

I initially shedded when I started taking it but this might be because I switched from Rogaine solution to foam at the same time.

My hairline has continued to slowly recede and hairs on my hairline and temples appear to be miniaturizing.

I am 19 and, by 21, my father had lost a significant amount of hair. I'm not sure if you're in the same position. In my opinion, fin isn't strong enough to effectively stave off hairloss for me. I'm considering buying dut and using it once or twice a week alongside fin. I should probably get a blood test first to test my DHT levels but I'm not sure how to do this in the UK.

Ihave a slightly receded hairline maybe nw2 lose about 5 hairs a day, can run my hand through my hair and not lose anything etc

So ive started taking fin as a precaution, 1 month in.

Ill tell you guys if it makes my hairline worse like so many others have said.

Yes, the visible result could be seen after 3 months of treatment or even more, it is all individual. May I ask you, why haven't you continued your treatment with 1mg Finpecia, but switched to 1.25mg Fincar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bren79 View Post
    Yes, the visible result could be seen after 3 months of treatment or even more, it is all individual. May I ask you, why haven't you continued your treatment with 1mg Finpecia, but switched to 1.25mg Fincar?
    Mainly because 1.25mg fincar is much less expensive than 1mg finpecia.

I know i updated 2 weeks ago after forgetting to at the end of March. I'll get back on track now, so it has been 9 months now. No notable changes from 2 weeks ago. Although I feel like my chronic dandruff (had since about 13 or 14 years old [22yo now]) may be getting a tad worse.

I'm hoping to see my hairline hopefully stabilize around the 1 year mark.

I know i updated 2 weeks ago after forgetting to at the end of March. I'll get back on track now, so it has been 9 months now. No notable changes from 2 weeks ago. Although I feel like my chronic dandruff (had since about 13 or 14 years old [22yo now]) may be getting a tad worse.

I'm hoping to see my hairline hopefully stabilize around the 1 year mark.
    One way you could check to see if fin is working would be to get a blood test. That's what a lot of people have told me anyway.

Ugh. Looking in the mirror today my hairline and forelock is definitely getting worse 9 months in.