+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Day 2 finished! Back for a hair wash tomorrow and I'll pop some pics up!

My 2 day FUE surgery with Dr Krishnan at Ziering (April 2014).

Wow where do i start, i think we had all collectively spoke about pre op tips and pointers which i believe massively helped with my frame of mind in the build up. I wasn't nervous in the slightest and was genuinely really excited about rectifying the gripes with my hair!

I arrived just ahead of 11am & went through the pre op assessment with the nurse who was very friendly and took my blood pressure - all went well and shortly after Dr Krishnan came in to go through the list of questions that i had prepared.

Dr Krishnan then designed my new hairline and was very particular (in a good way) about what we should attempt to achieve. I was happy with what was proposed (a rather conservative hairline further up my forehead than my mini island/tuft at front of head.) As i don't take propecia i think its important to think long term and get the density on a new higher hairline. Dr Krishnan took a photo and still wasn't comfortable with the symmetry, so he proceeded to wipe it away in sections and start again. This attention to detail filled me with massive confidence that he takes a real passion in getting it right.

Surgery Preparation & Day 1:

Prior to Tuesday morning my close friend who is a hairdresser cut my hair on a zero (thanks to your pictures Joely we was able to gage how far it needed to go up!) I then left the length on the top of my head in the hope that the grafts could be blended in within my existing hair. After changing into my scrubs and entering the surgery room it was advised that i should shave the top to a 1 or a 2, or at least take some of it down with the scissors. I didn't want this to impede anything with the surgery so i agreed. I gathered that with all the money spent on the procedure, growing back hair or not being able to hide it at work should be the least of my concerns!

If theres one thing i took away from the 2 days, the initial injections and nerve blockers are the most uncomfortable part of the HT process (more to follow on that). Everything else was 'completely' pain free (in my opinion). I could't believe how painless it was, it was such a strange sensation knowing that hairs were being extracted and i couldn't feel a thing. I don't watch many films so i sat listening to Radio 1 for both days and talking to all the staff, driving them mad with my continuous inquisitive questions which they were more than happy to answer!

The nurse gave me a sedative (which i also had the second day but for some reason i don't think it ever had any effect on me). Dr Krishnan made 2500 incisions in my head and we stopped for lunch and the 1250 extractions were then made, at which point i flipped over so that the they could be placed. My well-being was at the centre of the staffs mind, with them always asking if i was comfortable, whether i needed to take a break, get food or drink etc etc. At one point i was subconsciously holding my breath/slowing my breathing down as i was drifting off to sleep, and because i have mild asthma the nurse woke me and asked me to take some deep breaths as my 02 / bloom saturation levels were dropping slightly- again another aspect of complete attention to detail. We finished at around 8pm so I managed to watch some Champions League football near the end of the day which helped the time pass even quicker!

Day 2:

As the incisions had already been made on Day 1, Day 2 consisted of filling in behind my new hairline and packing it out with another 1250 grafts. Whilst having a lift to the clinic from my family members i mentioned that once the needles were out of the way the rest of the day would be pain free. Upon arrival a senior owner of the clinic mentioned that they would be trailing for the first time in the world a new piece of equipment that would significantly reduce the pain associated to the injections (for anyone reading who hasn't had a HT this doesn't mean the needles are excruciating, they are no more painful than having a needle at the dentist, they are just slightly uncomfortable). I agreed to trial the new equipment and was really impressed at how much this scaled down from the previous day. If day 1 anaesthetic was 6/10 pain, day 2 was about 2/10.

The additional 1250 grafts were extracted and placed on top. I asked for the nerve blocker above my eyes near the end of the day as i was so impressed with how much this numbed the scalp for the placements.

The staff asked if i would be returning on day 3 for a hair wash as they would also go through the post op procedures. I was given some medication such as steroids, antibiotics and pain killers. However i'm on Day 3 and haven't had a single paracetamol as i've not been in any discomfort. The only slight issue i had was a bit of bleeding onto my pillow from the donor area but i was given plenty of medical stuff to take away to help prevent ruining my pillows!

Dr Krishnan specifically asked that when i return for my wash on day 3 that i ask one of the nurses to inform him when i arrived as he wanted to personally check up to see how the grafts were healing. He was true to his word and left surgery and had a look under the microscope goggles to ensure that no grafts had popped out. He also gave me his mobile number and email address and asked if I have any queries or concerns to let them know immediately.

All in all, i can honestly say everyone at Ziering in Bromsgrove looked after me impeccably. I visited 4 clinics and did a lot of research online before making my decision, and i knew this was the place where i should be having the treatment, and i'm 100% satisfied with the choice. If anyone needs to know any other details i'll be more than happy to help out!

Really struggling to see how people upload multiple images in one go so i'll just upload this one for now. This is around 30 minutes post op. The frontal sections looks slightly less red as this is from day 1, and the back section is still very fresh from surgery.

Redness has drastically gone down and is drying out to form small scabs now. I'll continue to post progress pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9679.jpg

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	25813  

Looka good scraff, im three weeks out today and im still pretty red, not quiet sure why, seems to be going down really slowly

Thanks Joely - Is that just redness in your crown or also in the frontal recipient area? I'll be massively surprised if this is undetectable in 2 weeks when I'm back at work.

Its both but more so in the crown, and temples, the top isn't that bad but it may be that it could be because its a little bit covered by native hair, It looks soo much better at day 6 when you use the conditioner to rub the scabs off and your own hair has a little bit of growth to it, my dfference in day 5 and 6 was amazing

Really that's good to know! So Monday/Tuesday I'll be looking to use the conditioner. It's difficult because it's technically day 3 for my frontal section and day 2 for the back but I'm just sticking to classing everything as day 2 to be safe.

It's been a hectic week but this is the first day where I'll have nothing to do other than watch films! Going to attempt my first shampoo wash now as they done it for me yesterday! This should be interesting!

Yeah I was the same, I treated everything as being on the same day.

My swelling isn't to bad at the moment. Did you have much?

Had a little bit not loads that I noticed, went down pretty quick though