+ Reply to Thread

Default Questions for possible treatments

Hi all. I want to start a new regimen since I haven't been using one since 2011. My choices are:

1. Using Bimatoprost for the front of my hairline (or what is remaining).

2. Using Reluma Hair Complex for Men-this contains Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Minoxidil Sulfate 3%, Deionized Water, Cellulose, Gum, Lactic Acid, Phenoxylethanol, Polysorbate-20, Fragrance.

I also want to try a dermabrasion instead of needling. I tried needling in the past without success.

I've tried just about every product out there including Minoxidil 5% and 15% *******, Propecia, Avodart, Topical Spironolactone, Spectral DNC-L. Any feedback would be appreciated especially regarding the Dermabrasion and points 1 and 2.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbass View Post
    Hi all. I want to start a new regimen since I haven't been using one since 2011. My choices are:

1. Using Bimatoprost for the front of my hairline (or what is remaining).

2. Using Reluma Hair Complex for Men-this contains Human Adipose Derived Stem Cell Conditioned Media, Minoxidil Sulfate 3%, Deionized Water, Cellulose, Gum, Lactic Acid, Phenoxylethanol, Polysorbate-20, Fragrance.

I also want to try a dermabrasion instead of needling. I tried needling in the past without success.

I've tried just about every product out there including Minoxidil 5% and 15% *******, Propecia, Avodart, Topical Spironolactone, Spectral DNC-L. Any feedback would be appreciated especially regarding the Dermabrasion and points 1 and 2.

Thanks!!
    Id pthe Reluma if it is pricey...Minox sulphate needs to be made fresh daily or else it turns into normal minox....perhaps try something like dr kliens promox which has tretinoin and higher % of minoxidil

What happened when you were on *******, propecia and avodart?

I'd consider RU for the hairline aswell

I didn't see much if any regrowth. I was hoping to try something different.

For how long did you use propecia, avodart, minoxidil 5% respectively?

Minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride are the most proven hair medications out there right now. It should in the very least slow down hair loss, if you are lucky it should stop hair loss right on its tracks, if you are super lucky and caught your hair loss in the very beginning(like in the stage where people are telling you you are crazy and you have no hair loss but only you could notice that you lost hair) you could get regrowth.

Having no regrowth on these drugs is normal. Personally for my hair loss I had a little of everything, depending on what stage I used them. First time I used fin+minoxidil I got thickening of existing hair, I was 19. Then I stopped because of financial reasons. Then I got back on it, on and off from 20-21, my hair loss just stopped, but continued on and off as I got on and off, eventually leaving me at NW3, because of own inconsistency. Then from 22-23 my hair loss just slowed down, but I was still losing, at normal rate. From 24-25 I got on dutasteride and got thickening of existing hair AND new regrowth but then that success stopped and now my hair just doesn't fall anymore. I'm currently NW4. So in 9 years of hair loss, I went up 4 NW stages, with mostly inconsistent use proven hair loss med. I honestly could have been NW7 by now.

I've been using Minoxidil products on and off again since 1999 but haven't used anything since 2011. Propecia gave me side effects so I stopped that after a few months. I used Avodart for almost a year without much if any success. The last product I used was Spectral DNC-L for over a year without regrowth. I won't be able to afford hair transplants unless I win the lottery.