+ Reply to Thread

Smile A Day in the Life of FUE Hair Transplant with Dr Wood – Week 2 - Photos

So, on Monday I finally got back to work and it was the first time that I really left my house in the last 12 days since having my procedure. Only the night before I removed all my scabs which the scab was still a little hard even at day 11.

As I stare into the mirror the only things I am really concerned with is whether someone will find out. Let me say that it looks good, nearly undetectable but there is still a little redness in the recipient area.

At this point in time I am putting some bio oil on at night which is an all natural oil to help the skin repair. It is mostly used for scars.

My first few steps into work I feel a little nervous but as soon as I see my boss we begin to chat. He says nothing, and I continue to my job. That was day 12.

Now more than two weeks in I will let the pictures speak for themselves. My donor area looks normal, while the recipient area is slightly red in comparison to the rest of my buzz cut head.

These photos were taken at day 16, had my hair cut on day 11 buzz cut 3.

As for results I really can not tell… I only had 500 grafts this time, which should double my density in the middle. But with my hair so short who knows. Now comes the game of being patient and seeing what happens.

Note: On day 15 my forehead felt a little stiff. I am not sure if its me just being a hypochondriac or whether I should have been concerned. I also felt a slight burning in the recipient area. This occurred for about 2 hours, but passed. Once again I could really be dreaming it all up, because I know once you focus on something your mind can play tricks on you.

I am finalizing my booking for my next 500 grafts with Dr Wood, sometime in late June early July.

I must admit one of the greatest feelings is waking up each day to look at your hair knowing things should (fingers cross) get better. I will write about this in a separate post but I thought I would quickly share it here.

Hi mate....

I am seriously confused.

What interests me is my hair is near enough as far gone as yours. We both have pretty heavy hair loss all over the top of our heads.

I myself looked into hair transplants and a lot of surgeons were very cautious when recommending what could be done for me as my hairloss like yours is fairly (to put it a harsh way) severe and my donor area was below average.

I know you have had some donor hair removed but in these photos I can see your donor hair is not great.

Your hairloss in 6-12 months time will be a lot worse as there is not much left on top....

Are you on finasteride? and if so has it worked for you?

I am confused that you seem to have randomly had a very small amount of grafts done? was this just to test if it works? I think I read you are wanting another 500 grafts so I can only assume that this first procedure was not a test but you possibly can only fund 500 grafts at a time?

You are going to need to fill in the whole top of your head with transplants and I'll be interested to see if you manage to do that using FUE to gradually build it back up but I have to assume based on what I was told that you won't achieve this, if you do it will have to be sparsely packed and the hairline will have to remain how it is now or higher.

Sorry to be so negative but as you are in a similar shape up top to what I am and seeing what I have been told by IAHRS surgeons I am a little confused as to what you are trying to achieve and if what end result you have been told is possible.

PS. Do you have any pre-surgery photos so we can see the difference?

I think Dr Woods does excellent work , the pictures look great , in 12 months it will make a huge difference . The surgical plan here looks great as well ,consideration for future hair loss , grafted into the frontal core , forget about the temples, crown , deal with the core and assess the result , i like this strategy , a good common sense and realistic plan ! can always be ` beefed` up with beard hair if need be as Dr Woods appears to be a master at that as well

all the best

ejj

Cool

sausage...

i hope I can answer all your questions...

As for my donor hair. My hair is thick but it has a lot of gaps in between, plus Dr Wood said it is kinda afro like so he had to be very careful when taking it out... The dr has always mentioned that he is taking a conservative approach with me because I am young (28) and I have not stabilised.... I only got the 500 because I missed my appointment... I was meant to get 1000 in the front. Dr Woods has always been realistic with me... I will not have hair where you shine a light on it and you see no scalp. I am fine with that. I will have to use my body hair (which I have plenty of) for the remaining.. I am concentrating on the front now, and lets the crown be what it will be.. I am taking and have been for the past 9 year minioxidil and proscar (on and off). My results with the meds has slowed down the hair lose process but no new hair growth.

I am not looking to have a hair line that was when I was 17. Dr Wood has once again been clear with that. He said once you start I will see you again, that is a choice you will need to make. Fortunate for me I have a good job and can support more procedures in the future. I will mention he is not cheap, but you pay for what you get.

My opinion (i have no affiliations with dr woods just stating my story to help people out) is what Dr Woods does with the low number of grafts he uses is incredible. He lets you watch every graft been taken out and implanted. He does it himself, no techicans. You need to look at his website [woodstechnique one] go to the video section and see the section '7+ Years Post Op Results'. The results are incredible.

I have written a blog that has all the photos (post, during etc). Go to my profile to get the link.

sausage it sounds like you have posted a lot and getting a lot of information... I know you want to make the right choice.. just make sure you make a choice...otherwise you will stay in limbo... i know the feeling...

I wish I could fast forward time and show you what it would look like in 10 years but I can not... I wish you the best in your endeavours. I will continue to post my results so you can check them out...

I hope that answers all your questions. If you have any more just ask..

Thanks ejj... Your right is has been a conservative approach.. The Dr has looks at what donor hair i have body and all and assessed from there... Can not wait for 12 months to come to see what it looks like

I can't really see the difference the 500 grafts have made. The first photos you took before transplant show you with longer hair so its hard to see any change.

I read that you complain at one stage of having to shave your head?....do you not like having a shaved head? I think if you shaved it to a low grade then you will look a lot better and that it would suit you. When hairloss has gone so far it only looks ok shaved, I got to that point a few years back.

Good luck with everything, keep us updated on here, will be interesting to see how it pans out in a years time once you have had further work done.

KD my first repair procedure using FUE was only 800+ plus grafts but it made a huge difference. If I had to do this all over from the very start my approach would be exactly the same as yours. You are taking zero risk which should be at the top of everyone’s list and you will never be put in a position of having regrets.

Sometimes just having enough hair to frame one’s face is all that is needed to make a difference. Your procedure becomes affordable and your healing and yield will be fast and high which should also be at the top of everyone’s list.

You have made a very good decision and you are very lucky as many young guys fall into this trap of lower and denser hairlines which are too often a very bad idea.

I propecia improves or 100% stops my hairloss then I will consider doing something similar.

To be honest do not mind the shaved head. Did complain, like we all do... The 500 grafts havent made a huge difference, but in 12 months I hope that changes. Guess only time will tell...

For sure keep you posted... Wish you well on your endeavour.

thanks TopCat... I agree with what your saying...really just looking to frame my face... i know I will never have the full set of hair of my 15 yr days... What I love is the fact that you know that the hair that grows from the hair transplant stays...

Can not wait to share the pictures in 12 months time...