+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Just finished month 13 and that's when I really seen the difference. The front area is a difference story. Gonna need a HT to fix that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Just finished month 13 and that's when I really seen the difference. The front area is a difference story. Gonna need a HT to fix that up.
    Fin didn't stop the hairline from receding or something?

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    Fin didn't stop the hairline from receding or something?
    fin doesnt work well in the front but it helps some. Honesty I never cared that I was going bald so I never did anything. It wasn't till jokes where being made then I thought going bald is going to socially suck. Plus I do look like an x con with a shaved head. Funny. I shaved it down then I was getting more remarks about my birth mark than hair loss. That's when I looked for help. Glad I found the forums. Wish I could help others.

In short I got on fin to late. I should of been on fin 6 years ago. I'm 34

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    fin doesnt work well in the front but it helps some. Honesty I never cared that I was going bald so I never did anything. It wasn't till jokes where being made then I thought going bald is going to socially suck. Plus I do look like an x con with a shaved head. Funny. I shaved it down then I was getting more remarks about my birth mark than hair loss. That's when I looked for help. Glad I found the forums. Wish I could help others.

In short I got on fin to late. I should of been on fin 6 years ago. I'm 34
    You think that's bad, I was almost 37 and at best a NW5 when I started.

Almost 6 months now. I am fairly confident I have loss ground on my hairline and temple points, and at a faster rate, since being on fin.

However, I feel like the hair that remains on my hairline is stronger than it was before. It feels more thick and substantial than before fin. However, I have no way to prove this and it could only be wishful thinking.

Also, I just reordered fin from inHouse pharmacy and it should come any day now. I live in the northeast US, and we have been having a very cold winter. I am worried the effect that fin sitting out in the cold in the mailbox could have on it. Could freezing diminish the effectiveness of fin?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Almost 6 months now. I am fairly confident I have loss ground on my hairline and temple points, and at a faster rate, since being on fin.

However, I feel like the hair that remains on my hairline is stronger than it was before. It feels more thick and substantial than before fin. However, I have no way to prove this and it could only be wishful thinking.

Also, I just reordered fin from inHouse pharmacy and it should come any day now. I live in the northeast US, and we have been having a very cold winter. I am worried the effect that fin sitting out in the cold in the mailbox could have on it. Could freezing diminish the effectiveness of fin?
    naw man the cold wont do anything to it....extreme hear i could be a tad worried but not cold

this is a pretty frequent response for fin, if your assessment is correct...hairline taking hits, rest of hair getting thick

nothign has stopped my hairline from retreating since i started fighting my loss, but since fin/dut (was on fin for 5 months then dropped and went to dut) i think ive gained some thickness and my hair is definitely darker

Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    It took me 9 months to start to see results and had best results at a 18 months. Hold in there it takes time.
    This.

Sensitivity to androgens is the top issue, but I still think testosterone has some role in the front for hair. I am just really curious to see how something like CB or a stronger AA that works at receptors works for MPB compared to what we have now. I wonder how much better it works in the front I hope they test it specifically for the temples and front.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Sensitivity to androgens is the top issue, but I still think testosterone has some role in the front for hair. I am just really curious to see how something like CB or a stronger AA that works at receptors works for MPB compared to what we have now. I wonder how much better it works in the front I hope they test it specifically for the temples and front.
    thats why ultimate AA regimen right now is dut and RU (blocks T and DHT)...

It is more potent than CB btw, but CB also helps with inflammation.

7 months in. No changes for better or worse really.