Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering - Page 14 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Will you be conducting trials on persons who have had hair-transplants, perhaps including to see whether H.S.C. will stimulate growth in scar-tissue?

Thanks.

Inactive

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I remember when Intercytex came out claiming their DP cells induced "significant hair growth" in 4 out of 5 patients, but they totally fell on their Phase II trials.
    Therein lies the rub. "Statistically significant" hair growth nay be a useful data point for medical trials, but only cosmetically significant hair growth means a d*mn thing to any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Therein lies the rub. "Statistically significant" hair growth nay be a useful data point for medical trials, but only cosmetically significant hair growth means a d*mn thing to any of us.
    Thats right, and Intercytex grew a few dozen fine hairs hardly visible to the naked eye from injecting DP cells, they totally fell, I dont blame the recession, because if any company can come up with the results, survival is not often an issue.

Only time will tell, what is promising is the research conducted by Follica, we still have those stem cells, we dont need to worry about creating/injecting new ones, we just need to identify the specific pathway to promote hair growth again, even if it requires repeat treatments it beats the age-old rubbish we have as options at the moment. I have not met many people who have lasted longer than a few years on propecia, those that come off lose everything they keep - often worse.

Dr Ziering is right, we are all in this together, we all want results, and in all honesty if someone can produce 57 hairs per sq cm and maintain those results for a period greater than two years... then we will reach the finish line, we will reach it.

I'm wondering what would be the after effect of going through Histogen injections and then discontinuing use of finasteride. I don't want to be on a pill forever... =/

The body has the ability to regenerate, cut off parts of the liver and it often grows back, you know about cutting off the tip of a child’s finger etc, we even see such regeneration on a bizarre scale in nature, we just need to find out how to minic these phenomena and reproduce them safely in humans, not hardly an easy task however!

Quote Originally Posted by fontanajul View Post
    I'm wondering what would be the after effect of going through Histogen injections and then discontinuing use of finasteride. I don't want to be on a pill forever... =/
    When Spencer first interviewed Dr. Naughton she implied that the hair that is regenerated will grow for the length of time it grew originally. So if it did not fall out for 20 years it should last that long again. I have never heard that mentioned again so maybe Dr. Zering can comment. But unless HSC would somehow lower DHT production i would think you would need some kind of
    of drug to do that as well. Or repeated injections annually.

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    When Spencer first interviewed Dr. Naughton she implied that the hair that is regenerated will grow for the length of time it grew originally. So if it did not fall out for 20 years it should last that long again.
    It makes sense that if the effect of DHT is cumulative, new hair follicles should not succumb to it until the passage of an equal amount of time. Probably a longer time, in fact, since testosterone production decreases with age.

But unless HSC would somehow lower DHT production i would think you would need some kind of drug to do that as well. Or repeated injections annually.
    But people here keep telling us that there will never be a hair loss cure, because such a cure would be a one-time treatment that would kill off the market for repeat application products.

That's what I was thinking, even though I'm not in any way educated enough on the science to make a comment like that. Ugh I wish I could just fly back home to LA and get my whole head shot up with histogen injections (I'm kidding... Sort of)

-Max

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    When Spencer first interviewed Dr. Naughton she implied that the hair that is regenerated will grow for the length of time it grew originally. So if it did not fall out for 20 years it should last that long again. I have never heard that mentioned again so maybe Dr. Zering can comment. But unless HSC would somehow lower DHT production i would think you would need some kind of
    of drug to do that as well. Or repeated injections annually.
    I would love to hear Dr Zierings opinion on this area also, I remember hearing Dr Naughton mention that new hairs would not miniaturize for the same period it took for the previous hairs to minaturize, so if you started balding at 22, the new hairs would last that amount of time.

Perhaps it is not cumulative, but more akin to some type of ticking time-bomb, the 'genetic time-bomb' of hair loss, reason being is that you can be exposed to such androgens for decades before you start balding, and then wham! You are a NW4 within 18 months.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Perhaps it is not cumulative, but more akin to some type of ticking time-bomb, the 'genetic time-bomb' of hair loss, reason being is that you can be exposed to such androgens for decades before you start balding, and then wham! You are a NW4 within 18 months.
    Actually, men typically start "balding" (in the sense that their hairs are miniaturizing) well before they really start to notice or be concerned about it. I think the "wham" effect is basically the point where they cross an aesthetic threshold and the continuing hair loss becomes really cosmetically significant at that point.