propecia online? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jason1001 View Post
    Im thinking of getting propecia but I want to get a good deal online. Can anyone email or mention good places you've used?
    I would be careful. When you buy online, how do you know you are actually getting what you pay for? The FDA has a warning on their site and it looks like the DEA is getting involved.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I would be careful. When you buy online, how do you know you are actually getting what you pay for? The FDA has a warning on their site and it looks like the DEA is getting involved.
    What is the FDA/DEA's issue with online fin? Is the product counterfit and harming users of the drug? Or is the problem that US pharmacies are losing money? This is America how dare we believe we are entitled to treatments that are not over priced? Way over priced. The whole industry is a joke really. We have to pay a lot for so little. It's ridiculous. Every solution is sub par and they want us to pay top dollar for them.

You both have points. The industry is out of control with costs I mean some of the cancer drugs are insane there is no amount of r&d to justify that, and propecia costs quite a bit still even after all this time.
    That being said buying propecia online is a very dangerous game to play with your health. Counterfeits are very easily possible or just doing anything illegal since they are basically illegal anyways whats to stop them selling your credit card or anything you gave them?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    What is the FDA/DEA's issue with online fin? Is the product counterfit and harming users of the drug? Or is the problem that US pharmacies are losing money? This is America how dare we believe we are entitled to treatments that are not over priced? Way over priced. The whole industry is a joke really. We have to pay a lot for so little. It's ridiculous. Every solution is sub par and they want us to pay top dollar for them.
    Ever since Gus helped eliminate the Cartel, Walter killed Gustavo Fring and later eliminated the Nazi meth lab, the DEA has had a lot of time on their hands.

Seriously, considering the high level of online scams, I would personally be concerned buying hair loss medications without a prescription online because there's no way of knowing what you're buying. The pills could be blanks or even worse, toxic.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011

I didn't stick to my goal and have been taking half a pill everyday

Ihave a slightly receded hairline maybe nw2 lose about 5 hairs a day, can run my hand through my hair and not lose anything else.

Ill tell you guys if it makes my hairline worse like so many others have said.

Fingers crossed it doesn't make things worse

I didn't stick to my goal and have been taking half a pill everyday

Ihave a slightly receded hairline maybe nw2 lose about 5 hairs a day, can run my hand through my hair and not lose anything else.

Ill tell you guys if it makes my hairline worse like so many others have said.

Fingers crossed it doesn't make things worse
    Losing 2 to 5 hairs per day is nothing. According to the American Academy of Dermatology Website, it's normal to lose about 50-100 hairs every day.

Even though I don't have much hair, I generally lose very little hair most every day. It's still disturbing to see 20 or so hairs in the sink. I'd rather lose them in the shower and not know about it.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011

I know but my brother went bald at 18 and my dad is bald, my other brother isn't but im just being careful for now till I switch careers. I do photo shoots and that could be a reason my hair sucks from heat straightening and stuff.

I know but my brother went bald at 18 and my dad is bald, my other brother isn't but im just being careful for now till I switch careers. I do photo shoots and that could be a reason my hair sucks from heat straightening and stuff.
    Does your mother's father have good hair? I knew a guy when I lived back in LA who was totally bald in front and thinning in back when he was around 40. His brother was near his age and had a full head of hair with no indication of hair loss at all. If your mother's father has good hair, things just might roll in your favor. My brother had thick full hair until his late twenties. I thought he missed the MPB gene. He is now bald but doesn't care and shaves his head. My father's father had a full head of hair. My father was a Norwood 6 but not slick bald. His mother's father was bald. My mother's father died at around 47 and he didn't have much hair on top. So basically we both got nailed with hair loss.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Losing 2 to 5 hairs per day is nothing. According to the American Academy of Dermatology Website, it's normal to lose about 50-100 hairs every day.
    I strongly feel that this needs to stop being said to people on this forum.

When I first started noticing my hair falling out on my hands, it didn't look thinning - and I thought "people lose hair normally tralalalala"

Fast forward to a few months later and I noticed, oh wait actually my hairline is disappearing fast.

Now I'm trying to play catch up with medications and praying it thickens back up so I can feel good about it again.

Before I was losing my hair, it wasn't enough for me to ever notice at all whatsoever. Granted, I had shorter hair so it was less to notice, but still.

I don't deny that people lose 50-100 hairs a day, but if you are losing 10 noticeable strands in your hand showering or something, you have to stop and think about.. how many did you not catch in your hand and are down the drain. Also showering is like 5 minutes of your 24 hour day. Losing 1 hair every 10 minutes is 144 hair strands a day. MATH

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    I strongly feel that this needs to stop being said to people on this forum.MATH
    Stressing about hair loss certainly doesn't help the situation. According to identical twin studies done by Sharon Keene MD, stress can contribute to hair loss. IMO, young men should consider their family history of hair loss and if the hair growing on their scalp begins looking thinner, or you see aggressive recession, it might be a good time to consider meds. Often sheds are transient in nature and worrying about it isn't going to help. For me the 50-100 shed hair norm is reassuring.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011