Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

playsound Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

What an excellent interview! Thank you so much for giving me some hope. I have a few questions that maybe someone could address? It might be a little early to ask these things, but I figured I'd ask anyway. So basically, I'm curious about...

1. Has there been an estimated cost for HSC injections?
    2. Is there any way to see photo results from the first trial?

Thanks in advance,
    Max

Inactive

Nice interview, i really expected the worst things but man, i got the strange feeling i know which Guys from the forum here are ment to be that little bit of pushy :-)

Great interview Spencer! Let me be the first to agree with Dr. Ziering that if it weren’t for you none of this information would be available to us. It’s because of these interviews and everything else you give us that everyone is talking about this stuff all over the internet an maybe some of the doctors are working even harder to solve this thing. You are the man! I'm stoked about this!

Thanks for the interview Spencer, it was very informative. I’m a little disappointed to hear that Dr. Ziring does not seem sure about the timeline, but I’m very happy that everything appears to be moving in a positive direction. Will Dr. Ziering be answering questions on the forum? I wanted to know if having a hair transplant now will interfere with having Histogen injections in the future?

Inactive

Question

I found the interview disappointingly vague. Lots of happy talk, but precious little detail about what, if anything, they've found that Histogen can actually do in the trials conducted so far.

Hurray for another scam! That guy's talking out his ass. Histogen is just another product that's going to cost a good amount of money, and that company is going to make so much money off of false hopes. So many people are going to want it, and the day it comes out people are going to be in line for it. The company will make bank, hair loss sufferers will have hope for a week and be down another $50-$100 each. Another successful scam. He made no coherent statements that Histogen actually gives you noticeable (take note of those words) hair growth. Does it grow the hair I'm paying them money for? I'll believe it when I see it. And I'm not talking about clinical trials or "before and after" pictures from the company, no, those are always fixed. I'm not opening my wallet for these guys to just steal money out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Hurray for another scam! That guy's talking out his ass. Histogen is just another product that's going to cost a good amount of money, and that company is going to make so much money off of false hopes. So many people are going to want it, and the day it comes out people are going to be in line for it. The company will make bank, hair loss sufferers will have hope for a week and be down another $50-$100 each. Another successful scam. He made no coherent statements that Histogen actually gives you noticeable (take note of those words) hair growth. Does it grow the hair I'm paying them money for? I'll believe it when I see it. And I'm not talking about clinical trials or "before and after" pictures from the company, no, those are always fixed. I'm not opening my wallet for these guys to just steal money out of it.
    You're forgetting that if this makes it through trials it will be the third treatment ever approved by the FDA for treatment of hair loss.
    The general "scam" product that you are talking about does not go through the rigorous testing for efficiacy and safety that is mandatory when seeking approval for a potential medical treatment.

You can't compare this to the other scam products out there - if this makes it through the trials it will definately be beneficial!

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    You're forgetting that if this makes it through trials it will be the third treatment ever approved by the FDA for treatment of hair loss.
    The general "scam" product that you are talking about does not go through the rigorous testing for efficiacy and safety that is mandatory when seeking approval for a potential medical treatment.

You can't compare this to the other scam products out there - if this makes it through the trials it will definately be beneficial!
    Oh yeah? Well then how about Rogaine? That's "FDA Approved" and it's a scam. Yes I know, there a claims and reports of people re-growing hair from the use of Rogaine, but are you getting the hair you're paying for? Seriously, people spend over $500 a year on something that only gives them little to no more hair? I've never seen a real miracle story with Rogaine. But as far as Histogen goes, I don't know.. I think they only treatment for Male Pattern Baldness that will do anyone any good will be the cure. Meaning, when scientists find a way to awaken the stem cells in the scalp to re-grow follicles into new hairs. Histogen sounds like it's just going to be another stimulation, like the equivalent to taking certain multi-vitamins to promote hair-growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Oh yeah? Well then how about Rogaine? That's "FDA Approved" and it's a scam. Yes I know, there a claims and reports of people re-growing hair from the use of Rogaine, but are you getting the hair you're paying for? Seriously, people spend over $500 a year on something that only gives them little to no more hair? I've never seen a real miracle story with Rogaine. But as far as Histogen goes, I don't know.. I think they only treatment for Male Pattern Baldness that will do anyone any good will be the cure. Meaning, when scientists find a way to awaken the stem cells in the scalp to re-grow follicles into new hairs. Histogen sounds like it's just going to be another stimulation, like the equivalent to taking certain multi-vitamins to promote hair-growth.
    Histogen has promising Phase I results and an exciting factor was when Dr Ziering stated that the hair maintained/continued to grow even after a 2 year follow-up. This was after one injection of a very small amount of the HSC; the theory stacks up - they mimic what occurs during embryogenesis, we know wnt proteins are instrumental in signalling stem cells to perform certain actions.

A scam is a type of deception, how many times have you heard companies tell you that Rogaine (1) may not work for all people (2) you will lose whatever you gain/keep after stopping usage etc - just because the drug is not as effective does not make it a scam. I highly anticipate Phase II results, this year will be make or break, literally.